Maybe I�m just dumb, but on my 9930 I have the NFC capability, but I can figure out how to use this damn NFC�I put it next to a NFC tag and nothing happens�idk if I need to use an app or download something else, but I cant figure t out..I was wondering if anyone else was having a tough time and/or could help me figure this out!!
    12-09-11 01:30 AM
    go to bbm go to options and scan.
    12-09-11 02:16 AM
    Maybe I�m just dumb, but on my 9930 I have the NFC capability, but I can figure out how to use this damn NFC�I put it next to a NFC tag and nothing happens�idk if I need to use an app or download something else, but I cant figure t out..I was wondering if anyone else was having a tough time and/or could help me figure this out!!
    Do you have Smart Tags app on your BB (Home Screen >Application)?

If so, and if you find a NFC tag that is already programmed with some link/etc (Smart Poster), then you can tap the tag, Smart Tags pops up asking you if you want to be directed to the link that has been programmed on the tag.
    Remember that your BB can't read a tag if NFC is turned off (in Manage Connections), the backlight is off, or if your BB is locked.
    12-11-11 10:20 PM
    am i the only that notice that theres an option to send voice note using nfc??? didnt try it yet.... ( bold 9900 os 7.1)

*update* actually double checked and you can send pretty much everything ... pictures, music, contacts, videos.... still unable to verify functionability.... can anyone confirm if it works???
    Last edited by clif88; 12-12-11 at 09:31 PM.
    12-12-11 08:45 PM
    NFC is just a fancy thing...
    with no practical use at least for now...
    imagine someone with android (a security joke) smart phone having NFC, and trying to buy coffee.
    I think practical usage of NFC for good will take some more time.
    so till then....
    play with scanning tags for fun.....
    12-13-11 04:27 AM
    am i the only that notice that theres an option to send voice note using nfc??? didnt try it yet.... ( bold 9900 os 7.1)

*update* actually double checked and you can send pretty much everything ... pictures, music, contacts, videos.... still unable to verify functionability.... can anyone confirm if it works???
    That is called BlackBerry Tags.
    Yes, it is working, but you need to send files to another BlackBerry with BB Tags (OS 7.1)
    12-13-11 07:05 AM
    When NFC payment gets activated by a bank/credit card company, then NFC becomes even more interesting.

Currently this is how users user NFC on 99xx, 9790, 9350, 9360, 9370, 9380:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-all-659273/
    12-13-11 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD