Well as everyone know that the bold 9900 have nfc.. I been trying to wonder how does it work and what is the purpose of it.. It sounds cool but is it worth using.. And do u have to have nfc on to use it or can it turn on automatically
    01-21-12 03:57 AM
    Have you tried googleing 'nfc'
    01-21-12 04:15 AM
    I think I saw and read 2 articles already here at CB alone.
    01-21-12 05:11 AM
    they are hoping big on NFC.
    file transfer [demo and working],
    auto BT initialization and authentication [demo and working, some part is implemented],
    Secure Mobile Payment [started in Turkey],
    Secure ID-Pass, etc
    very soon (or may be later, since lot third parties need to agree on this) you will see lot of piratical application of NFC.
    01-21-12 05:35 AM
    Well as everyone know that the bold 9900 have nfc.. I been trying to wonder how does it work and what is the purpose of it.. It sounds cool but is it worth using.. And do u have to have nfc on to use it or can it turn on automatically
    Have a look at this
    01-21-12 10:23 AM
    NFC has lots of use cases.

Some of them are:

- Payment (tap your mobile on point of sales terminals to pay),

- Access Control (tap your mobile on the door reader to open the door, replacing your key or company badge),

- Smart Poster (tap a NFC tag to see more info), Smart Tags app on the BB uses this mode.

- BlackBerry Tag (Tap another device to send/receive data to/from another device),

- Tap to launch (Tap a tag to launch a macro shortcut you have made: NFCShortcuts app: ).

Yes, you need to have NFC on for most of the use cases. It doesn't turn on automatically.

(Payment and Access Control can in theory be used without even have a battery in your mobile phone, as the secure chip can get its power from the Payment/Door readers).
    01-24-12 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD