You watch one poorly sourced discredited documentary and you think you know how the world works... good for you
    ive actually done lots of research including both academic as well as personal. i am educated enough to take all info with a grain of salt. i am not a fool. clearly you have chosen to discredit what i said and brush it off like im a "conspiracy theorist" so therefore all that all ive stated must be wrong.
    thats ok. you will wake up one day and see things for what they are. i was once just as quick to brush ideas like this off until i did the reasearch for myself.

by the way, i assume your alluding to zeitgeist? (the "one" movie i watched) may i ask who you are referring to when you say its been discredited?

i assume there are many who have, but i wonder can you back their words as fact? or are u just assuming that the discrediting must be accurate because you heard it from an upper class white man (aka the government)?
    Last edited by DarshOne; 09-21-11 at 05:22 PM.
    09-21-11 05:08 PM
    You don't need to watch a documentary to see where this is heading once currency goes digital no more paper money then technology will crash and it will go back to Gold and Silver, and if you haven't got Gold or silver then you're a slave to those that have it. why do you think everywhere you go people want to buy your Gold for Cash?......Collect as much gold as you can
    DarshOne likes this.
    09-21-11 05:45 PM
    You don't need to watch a documentary to see where this is heading once currency goes digital no more paper money then technology will crash and it will go back to Gold and Silver, and if you haven't got Gold or silver then you're a slave to those that have it. why do you think everywhere you go people want to buy your Gold for Cash?......Collect as much gold as you can
    thank you. i gotta remind myself: ignorance is bliss.
    09-21-11 05:52 PM
    This really has nothing to do with using NFC.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 06:04 PM
    who is we? do you or i decide what our money is worth? the "federal" reserve (a privately owned corp) decides how much our money is worth thru the means of inflation. we use worthless paper backed by nothing (which is transitioning to virtualized credits). the US is not printing money, the federal reserve is, and it loans it to the US at interest. they decide how much money is worth, not the people.

until we were taken off the gold standard our dollars were able to be redeemed for gold - something that will be forever valuable globally.

as we get further into debt and the american dollar becomes worth less and less, youre telling me that "we dictate how much our money is worth?"
    As money is used in larger and larger quantities, it becomes impossible to retain a standard tied to a finite (and fairly limited) supply of an arbitrary element.

And yes, we do dictate what the money is worth in relation to other currencies, ie 1 euro is worth 1.35ish dollars and 1 dollar is worth 90ish yen, etc. Based on demand, confidence and other investment/economic factors.

Go to business school and then come back and tell me we should be on the gold standard.

Typical uneducated and easily swayed member of the masses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 08:30 PM
    BlackBerry Wallet can be used on the 99xx series handsets.
    Found it with more searching. First link I found opened app world and said it didn't work with my device.
    Last edited by kbill1984; 09-21-11 at 08:48 PM.
    09-21-11 08:45 PM
    someone (cough) needs to take a break (cough) from the Alex Jones show
    09-21-11 10:01 PM
    As money is used in larger and larger quantities, it becomes impossible to retain a standard tied to a finite (and fairly limited) supply of an arbitrary element.

And yes, we do dictate what the money is worth in relation to other currencies, ie 1 euro is worth 1.35ish dollars and 1 dollar is worth 90ish yen, etc. Based on demand, confidence and other investment/economic factors.

Go to business school and then come back and tell me we should be on the gold standard.

Typical uneducated and easily swayed member of the masses.

yes i am unedumacated cuz i question my government, i must be a complete fool!
    ill go vote bachman and keep my mouth shut like a good american, would that make u feel better?

o btw i never said we shud go back to the gold standard, in fact i never said we SHOULD do anything. i merely stated we are using a worthless paper money controlled by the federal reserve, and that we were previously taken off the gold standard, which is what made our money worthless paper (its no longer backed in gold but theoretical bull**** from the stock market) but i am sorry for speaking mr business man, forgive me, as you are clearly superior in knowledge and i have no place here.

since this convo is getting off topic i think ill stop now.

but before i go just to **** you all off

911 was an inside job!!!
    saalnaz likes this.
    09-21-11 10:11 PM
    someone (cough) needs to take a break (cough) from the Alex Jones show
    ive actually never watched the alex jones show. just an FYI.
    09-21-11 10:12 PM
    ive actually never watched the alex jones show. just an FYI.
    you actually dont need to watch an Alex jones show or go through Martenson's videos to know where we are heading. you only need to use your brains and unfortunately many are not bothered with doing that.

Darsh is 100% correct and this global financial meltdown is alot closer than we think it is...

so until then...enjoy your BBs and as what taliban said, collect some gold and silver..
    09-22-11 12:31 AM
    yes i am unedumacated cuz i question my government, i must be a complete fool!
    ill go vote bachman and keep my mouth shut like a good american, would that make u feel better?

o btw i never said we shud go back to the gold standard, in fact i never said we SHOULD do anything. i merely stated we are using a worthless paper money controlled by the federal reserve, and that we were previously taken off the gold standard, which is what made our money worthless paper (its no longer backed in gold but theoretical bull**** from the stock market) but i am sorry for speaking mr business man, forgive me, as you are clearly superior in knowledge and i have no place here.

since this convo is getting off topic i think ill stop now.

but before i go just to **** you all off

911 was an inside job!!!
    You aren't questioning the governmwnt. You're assuming and making bold claims based on zero correct information.

And just so you know, the "theoretical bull****" in the stock market is what fuels your mortgage, credit cards, and where you bank.

Have fun with your tin hats and nuclear holocaust shelters.

09-22-11 01:07 AM
    Well i've read through the posts and didnt realize that States side; table side debit isn't favoured. I know interac is a Canadian thing but retailers up here are all making the switch. Mc'Donalds, Tims, even loblaws all take a paypass/paywave payment system which can quickly be enabled for nfc use.

Also I previously posted that Canada was moving ahead with NFC, well Enstream (Rogers, Telus, Bell) announced they'll have their NFC app in place early 2012.

Video: EnStream's NFC app in action, will be available "early next year" | MobileSyrup.com

Just waiting on Google to officially announce access to their Wallet, North of the border and then we can all cheer in digital payment bliss.
    09-22-11 02:17 AM
    That is another problem. The carriers should not and do not need to be involved with the payment companies. Look at Costco they are exclusive with American Express. I do not shop there for that reason alone. I am not going to get that card just so I can shop at a Costco.

Doesn't Costco take cash and debit cards as well???????
    09-22-11 11:23 AM
    Doesn't Costco take cash and debit cards as well???????
    Not worth it to me. I can't leave BJ's without spending $100 or more so Cash is out. Sometimes it is less but usually BJ's is a trip not a quick stop.

As for Debit cards I never use them and get aggravated that the cashier has to ask every time. I am sure they do to. Wouldn't it be great if the machine knew if the card was debit or credit.

Maybe I just like paying 1 bill at the end of the month instead of little bills throughout the month. Plus having 2 people use the same debit card can probably get annoying double checking what we both did and where.
    09-22-11 11:58 AM
    They take debit. Point is, the carriers should have nothing to do with the payment companies. Greed and more greed. When will it end?

I look forward to the day I can pay for stuff with my Bold.

09-22-11 11:59 AM
    ive actually done lots of research including both academic as well as personal. i am educated enough to take all info with a grain of salt. i am not a fool. clearly you have chosen to discredit what i said and brush it off like im a "conspiracy theorist" so therefore all that all ive stated must be wrong.
    thats ok. you will wake up one day and see things for what they are. i was once just as quick to brush ideas like this off until i did the reasearch for myself.

by the way, i assume your alluding to zeitgeist? (the "one" movie i watched) may i ask who you are referring to when you say its been discredited?

i assume there are many who have, but i wonder can you back their words as fact? or are u just assuming that the discrediting must be accurate because you heard it from an upper class white man (aka the government)?
    Yes the ever popular "one day you'll see" argument from conspiracy theorists rears its head. Zeitgeist is popular among dormroom college losers who think after watching a video with ominous music they've witnessed a revelation. Same with those nutjobs who watch Alex Jones or believe David Icke's garbage about lizard people. Read a bit of this thorough debunking (which is actually properly sourced) and come back: Zeitgeist, the movie Debunked - Introduction - Zeitgeist Exposed - Skeptic Project

Please tell me what 'research' you did personally.

"Upper class white man" lol. You sound as old as you probably are, probably 16-17 right?
    09-22-11 12:49 PM
    you actually dont need to watch an Alex jones show or go through Martenson's videos to know where we are heading. you only need to use your brains and unfortunately many are not bothered with doing that.

Darsh is 100% correct and this global financial meltdown is alot closer than we think it is...

so until then...enjoy your BBs and as what taliban said, collect some gold and silver..

Just like Glenn Beck wants you to!
    09-22-11 12:52 PM
    RBC Royal Bank has plans to roll out NFC debit... but I don't know about the credit stuff. RBC had a meeting with Interac on what they called "digital transactions program".

I think they will charge a service fee in order for us to use this and limit the free use to business and high end customers. For example, my parents will probably get it free because they pay around $300 per year for their bank accounts. I have free student bank account so, I won't have access to RBC NFC system. That's what I think... I am just speculating no hard info.

But yes, Royal Bank of Canada is looking in to NFC right now which is a good news.
    09-22-11 03:00 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD