While watching some fine videos posted in this forum, youtube in all of its infinite algorithms suggested the following video.

He basically sums up most of my thoughts about the IPhone and why I prefer a Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 07:36 PM
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Nice.
    11-25-16 07:41 PM
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Nice.
    Seriously?!?!?! That's garbage. The Uploader is CBS news. Sorry. Looks like a Bold. He claims he has written every TV script on a BlackBerry since 2004. Even claims to have written a chapter for one of his books on a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 07:43 PM
    Meaning it's garbage they won't let you watch it. I'm sorry.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the link. Video works fine in the UK. That's a Q10 Major is using, and he pretty well sums up why so many of us stay with BlackBerry ... it's all about the keyboard.
    If you want to be 'productive', use a BlackBerry.
    If you want to 'play', use an iPhone.
    (nothing wrong with either device, it's simply 'horses for courses')

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 11-26-16 at 03:56 AM.
    11-26-16 03:33 AM
    Keen eye. I couldn't tell which one it was. You are absolutely right. Iphones are for play. I've never written a chapter to a book on one. However I've been told some of my emails are novels.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 06:27 AM
    ... Looks like a Bold. He claims he has written every TV script on a BlackBerry since 2004. Even claims to have written a chapter for one of his books on a BlackBerry.
    It's a Classic.

I love what he says about it being a _work_ device. Good for you, Major.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-26-16 05:00 PM
    Video not playing in Canada for me anyway and I still love my iPhone I love both equally.
    11-26-16 10:17 PM
    It's a Classic.

I love what he says about it being a _work_ device. Good for you, Major.
    Didn't look like a Classic to me, I couldn't see any toolbar on the shot where he was typing, but whatever it was - it's a BlackBerry

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    11-27-16 04:36 AM
    Thanks for the link. A resounding endorsement for the blackberry (with keyboard) . A work device, never a truer word spoken, love it.

Would add one further comment. I use a Z30, and it's all about work flow, efficiency and communication thats why I'm so hesitant to move over to the BlackBerry android, Dtek60.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 05:34 AM
    Didn't look like a Classic to me, I couldn't see any toolbar on the shot where he was typing, but whatever it was - it's a BlackBerry
    I zoomed in on one of the shots and thought I could see two toolbelt icons, and it was my _impression_ the screen height was "Classic"... However, I could be wrong, and you're right: Whatever it was, "it ain't no iPhone!"

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    11-27-16 01:41 PM
    It's a Q10! For crying out loud!
    11-27-16 03:57 PM
    I use a Q10.
    11-27-16 05:50 PM
    Video not playing in Canada for me anyway and I still love my iPhone I love both equally.
    Am I to understand that you're unable to play this video because you're in Canada? CBS???!!!!

The only thing more essential to democratic function than freedom to speak is freedom to LISTEN...!!! Self determination utterly depends on free access to information! CBS knows that. Never trust ANYone who throws paint on your windshield and then says they'll steer for you. CBS no less... Grrrr... That gets the American in me riled!!! Ahrg!!!

Wonder what are legal or forum rules implications for re-posting that video so ALL humans can see???
    visserjr3 likes this.
    11-28-16 02:51 AM
    ...The only thing more essential to democratic function than freedom to speak is freedom to LISTEN...!!! Self determination utterly depends on free access to information!
    Amen.

visserjr3 likes this.
    11-28-16 09:20 AM
    Am I to understand that you're unable to play this video because you're in Canada? CBS???!!!!

The only thing more essential to democratic function than freedom to speak is freedom to LISTEN...!!! Self determination utterly depends on free access to information! CBS knows that. Never trust ANYone who throws paint on your windshield and then says they'll steer for you. CBS no less... Grrrr... That gets the American in me riled!!! Ahrg!!!

Wonder what are legal or forum rules implications for re-posting that video so ALL humans can see???
    idssteve - it's quite normal(unfortunately) that in case of websites with videos and I'm not talk about only YouTube, there are borders in internet too. Copyrights, etc. Example - Netflix - different base in US and in Europe.

Or another example. In my work I have on my PC two web browser - one using my local proxy - Poland and the second using German proxy - and a lot of time when I compare, e.g. YouTube videos I can watch a video music via polish proxy, but not via german proxy... :/ this is a piece of sh*t!

PS. I remember from one of your post that you are using Panasonic Toughbook, is that true? A few days a go I sam in my company an old Panasonic Toughbook using Windows 95 original - I think it has about 15years or more! It was a small "laptop" with 8" display? But the windows could be using via finger, because it had touchscreen! Btw. In this year there is 20th anniversary of Panasonic Toughbook.
    12-03-16 08:55 AM

If you want to talk about freedom we actually get all of the American networks here, do you get all of the Canadian networks ;-) I don't know why the link didn't play but it could just be something some glitch or something

https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...dom-world-2015

.News Anchor defends the BlackBerry-img_1480801053.904570.jpgNews Anchor defends the BlackBerry-img_1480801074.118498.jpg
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 12-03-16 at 03:39 PM.
    12-03-16 03:25 PM
    Absolutely love that video(as I type this on my beautiful red passport). And I agree with what someone said earlier, it looks like he's using a q10, but I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the video but I didn't like his focus of repeating it's a work phone. BlackBerry devices are so much more and that's why they had difficulty as people Only saw them as Business Class phones.

He even says iPhone camera great, BlackBerry not. Kind of a backlash if he's actually a BlackBerry fan.

I just hate how I'm losing the battle here and no more BB10. Android is junk, now BlackBerry had to follow suit and it sucks for me personally.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    12-03-16 09:27 PM