12-25-11 03:05 PM
28 12
tools
    I just received my extended battery I ordered from newegg. It's supposed to be 1600mh. The battery is the correct size and as the OEM battery and its states on the battery it's for the 9930/Montana. The battery is actually marked 3.7DC...2200 mh. Has anyone else gotten this battery and actually tried it? It was only $9.95 and is supposed to have a chip to prevent overcharging. I'm just curious if its safe to put this in the phone, i guess I was lured in by the low price, but I always agree you get what you pay for! Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
    08-23-11 04:41 PM
    i don't think it works on the 9900 or 9930. it's been reported on other threads.
    08-23-11 04:58 PM
    Put it in an tell us if it works

and give a link which one you bought
    08-23-11 06:16 PM
    I just received my extended battery I ordered from newegg. It's supposed to be 1600mh. The battery is the correct size and as the OEM battery and its states on the battery it's for the 9930/Montana. The battery is actually marked 3.7DC...2200 mh. Has anyone else gotten this battery and actually tried it? It was only $9.95 and is supposed to have a chip to prevent overcharging. I'm just curious if its safe to put this in the phone, i guess I was lured in by the low price, but I always agree you get what you pay for! Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Return the battery and wait until Seidio comes out with their version which is usually a darn good battery just like the OEM. You might need to get and extended battery door if it it tuirns out to be that big of an extended battery so keep that in mind also.
    08-23-11 06:19 PM
    It doesn't fit it's too long. There's no way on earth it's 2200mAh if the stock battery is 1230mAh. If yours does fit I wouldn't put it in. I returned mine today. I'll just wait until Seidio comes out with one. It was worth a shot for only $9. I posted 2 reviews and of course Newegg won't put them up saying it won't fit.
    Last edited by otacon72; 08-23-11 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Battery contacts are on the right side but it's too long
    08-23-11 06:39 PM
    Ignore all posts in this thread minus mine.

Forget the "other threads" they have no pics to prove it

Post a picture of it in your phone please. If your phone fails (for some odd reason) can't you just take it back and get another one? (tell them it died on you or something?)

Thanks!
    Can't post a pic of the battery in the phone because it doesn't fit. You want to buy one for yourself and see that it doesn't fit be my guest. The only post to forget it yours.
    08-23-11 06:50 PM
    Too big...but be my guest if you want to buy one and see that it's.....well too big. Also too thick from the looks of it...wouldn't get the battery door back on.

08-23-11 06:55 PM
    We still waiting an update about it... we hope @bbueding share an update
    08-23-11 06:58 PM
    Ignore all posts in this thread minus mine.

Forget the "other threads" they have no pics to prove it

Post a picture of it in your phone please. If your phone fails (for some odd reason) can't you just take it back and get another one? (tell them it died on you or something?)

Thanks!
    I have to say to tell someone to try something that MIGHT kill their new phone and then advice him to lie to the carrier and taker it back saying it died on him is lousy advice.

Also ignore everyone but you...lol

Just do as I said and wait until a legit company comes out wit the right battery and extended door if it is a a thick battery like Seidio which is a good company and then buy it from the CB store to save money.

You should be ashamed and giving this kind of advice to someone.
    08-23-11 07:02 PM
    No matter how good the cells are you're not going to double the mAh in the same size or slightly bigger batter. The battery says 2200mAh and that's BS. The stock batter is 1230mAh. The advertisement said 1600mAh which is believable in the same size. Even if it did fit I was not going to put it in. I'll just wait for Seidio.
    08-23-11 07:09 PM
    Mmm I ordered two but out of town so haven't received them. I was looking forward to testing them. Guess not. Same thing happened with a "stock" replacement I bought off amazon. Too thick and long to fit.
    08-23-11 07:24 PM
    I will say this is one of the few times I would accept a Seidio Extd. Battery on my phone. They typically bulk up phones too much for me, but given how thin and small the 9930 is I really can't see it bulking it up too much. Still I hate waiting for a battery then having to buy their cases to fit it since nothing else will.
    08-23-11 07:53 PM
    God, I just ordered two of these about two days ago and to find out that it doesn't fit sucks :/.
    Guess I'll return and wait for Seidio to come out with one like the rest of us
    08-23-11 11:26 PM
    God, I just ordered two of these about two days ago and to find out that it doesn't fit sucks :/.
    Guess I'll return and wait for Seidio to come out with one like the rest of us
    Newegg won't post my reviews that they don't fit.
    08-23-11 11:48 PM
    Got home and checked mine. Just like OP wrong batteries. This is real BS
    08-23-11 11:50 PM
    It would be great if we can get extended battery with a holster, case and charging pod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 12:07 AM
    Battery is to big, won't fit going back!
    08-24-11 07:08 AM
    Just spoke to customer service requesting a RMA from newegg/bargincell they know the battery does not fit, yet it is still listed on their website. They issue a refund without returning the battery!!!
    08-24-11 04:00 PM
    i bought mine from eBay and it is the same bs. i am so pissed!!!!!!! oh well, i'll wait for seidio too...
    08-26-11 12:03 PM
    I didn't buy the newegg one, but I did buy this one:
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 Extended Capacity 3500mAh Li-Ion Battery + Black Battery Door Cover + J-M1 Battery Connector ~ Mobile Phone Repair Parts Replacement: Cell Phones & Accessories , and it works great. I am the one that provided the review and put pictures on Amazon. After reading what everybody stated, I was very reluctant, but I was willing to try to see what happened. I am glad that I did.

I have also been looking for a case for my new fat phone, and resorted to making one till I found one that I like. I am not into looks, just functionality and performance.
    12-21-11 02:13 PM
    and... I got my battery from "Closeouts Master LLC."

I don't know if any other sellers that are shown associated with my link is selling the exact same item. Amazon seems to swap sellers kind of often.
    12-21-11 02:24 PM
    Momax makes one.

http://www.momax.net/en/Product_List...=PP-1741-165-0
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-21-11 at 02:32 PM.
    12-21-11 02:28 PM
    You can get them for about $12 on eBay and they fit in the standard battery door. Works very well.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    12-21-11 04:02 PM
    I debated buying the standard size battery versus the big one. I went with the big one for airplane rides/long commutes. I have my original BB battery with me along with my Otterbox case at all times. I use the original battery most of the time but have a nice backup.
    12-21-11 04:16 PM
    I guess the point was the Momax is probably a good product and I believe it fits in the phone with the standard battery door.

I'm sure I could be wrong but I don't think $12 will really get you a battery that would last longer than the OEM unit. A cheap replacement sure.
    This fits the standard battery door and gives me about 15% more than the original and I haven't had any problems with it. At $12 I don't think you can go wrong.
    12-21-11 07:35 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD