I need some info regarding unlocking my old 8900 and using it in the US while on vacation this spring. I currently own a 9900 which I love but am frustrated with paying Rogers exorbitant fees for little data. Who does it work and what do I need to do when I get the the US, ie. Buying a sim card where? Thanks.

Jake
    02-26-12 03:21 PM
    well all you would have to do is get either phone unlocked, and purchase any simcard you want in the US of A, whether its Tmobile, AT&T... etc etc. You could even get ur BB9900 unlocked and use it
    02-26-12 06:41 PM
    unlock it yourself. i have a 9900 with rogers and they want to charge $50 to do it and even then won't until the 9900 is out of contract...

MyBlackberryUnlock | Unlock BlackBerry Phones for Free!

go there find your info and unlock it. its free and easy
    02-26-12 08:35 PM
    well all you would have to do is get either phone unlocked, and purchase any simcard you want in the US of A, whether its Tmobile, AT&T... etc etc. You could even get ur BB9900 unlocked and use it
    Thanks for the reply. Where do you look for sim cards? Do you then buy airtime or does that come with the sim? In the Caribbean I assume you'd need a simcard for each country? Can you buy data as well? Thanks.

Jake
    02-27-12 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD