Hi all. My first post. I'm seriously considering my first BlackBerry,as I want something smaller,than the HTC's. I've been reading a lot about battery issues and users trying all different settings to eek out any extra life. EBay currently sells a direct replacement j-m1 2430mAh battery for the 9900/9930/9790 at �15. Why isn't anyone just getting a higher capacity battery and accepting the standard one, is too small?
    02-10-12 12:38 PM
    get the 9900 if your budget is okaay. my battery-life is pretty amazing i gotta say.
    i have plugged out on 16:00PM with light/moderate usage and it's sitting on 92% @ 19:45PM.
    well if you are a little knowledgeable with the settings and applications and so on.
    it's pretty doable to get a good battery-life sometimes you need to give it some more time.
    before you see any significant improvement.
    C130Rigger likes this.
    02-10-12 12:44 PM
    I would say 100% get a BB. The bold does have a nicer keyboard since its bigger. But seems to not quite last as long. It does depend on how many apps you have running for one and also i seem to notice longer batt life with using the touch screen less(honestly the track pad is fantastic you really dont need the touch screen for much) I am now only on my second BB but am in love with them so i say do it. You cant go wrong.
    C130Rigger likes this.
    02-10-12 12:51 PM
    but it's up to you the 9790 is also a great device on it's on own.
    i just misreaded it, i thought it was an 9700.
    C130Rigger likes this.
    02-10-12 12:53 PM
    Some folks are getting bigger batteries, but remember, part of the membership of any forum is attending primarily to gripe about something.

If you're gonna go with a BlackBerry that is great to work with, go 9900. If you need one that is really good to use, the 9790 isn't shabby.

I would think that you may have an easier time getting accessories for the 99XX series, though, since the design covers a wider spectrum of carriers, and aftermarket makers build more for a bigger base.
    C130Rigger likes this.
    02-10-12 12:57 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I will go ahead and do it,gotta a couple of weeks to wait to upgrade time. Just need a smaller phone I can stash in my bike bag or car, that has a case with it also. My missus has the 9780 and loves it but it wouldn't suite me, I'm used to the luxuries of touch screens etc. I don't bother with apps,other than the occasional look at farcebook. Just texts, emails and the net! Is fun to read how caught up in the Bb world people get,analysing the blackberry mete(r app. Just found another seller on eBay 'gpsforless' selling a 1450 mAh battery for �11). Well I've got it all to look forward too!
    02-10-12 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD