Suddenly, when I woke up this morning my 9930 doesn't say 3G, it won't let me use the internet, and I can't even make a phone call. My bill's paid! LOL! I haven't had a BB very long, but the first 9930 I bought bricked. This was a 'new' replacement, and it's been acting strange too - almost like it is going to brick, but taking out and replacing the battery has fixed it. But now this! Is there a simple setting I can try changing? I looked at the network technology setting, and it is set to 1XEV. (The only other two options are GSM/UMTS and Global). The battery is draining in a matter of a few hours since this happened, also. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks so much!!
    04-16-12 11:23 AM
    Suddenly, when I woke up this morning my 9930 doesn't say 3G, it won't let me use the internet, and I can't even make a phone call. My bill's paid! LOL! I haven't had a BB very long, but the first 9930 I bought bricked. This was a 'new' replacement, and it's been acting strange too - almost like it is going to brick, but taking out and replacing the battery has fixed it. But now this! Is there a simple setting I can try changing? I looked at the network technology setting, and it is set to 1XEV. (The only other two options are GSM/UMTS and Global). The battery is draining in a matter of a few hours since this happened, also. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks so much!!
    This might seem silly, but have you checked to see if your mobile network (radio) is on? To do this, touch the top of the screen (where the clock is) and make sure there is a check mark in hte box for mobile network.
    04-16-12 02:42 PM
    1x is CDMA's version of EDGE. Nothing to worry about, when 3G is acting up or too many people on it the 9930 will switch to 1X until it finds a clear 3G signal on CDMA.
    04-16-12 03:22 PM
    if you are in a weak service area and the phone is finding and dropping 3G..ie going 1x>3G>1x etc you will lose your battery really quick.. a fact of life and not a brickable offense
    04-16-12 04:14 PM

When my phone's are not activated, 1x is what it shows all the time.
    Call your service provider and activate it.
    04-16-12 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD