I got my white bold 9900 from bell a week ago. I love it. but today i noticed the bottom white plastic bar under the keyboard has an ugly yellowish pinkish tint to it out of nowhere today! ive tried cleaning it even using nail polish and its just ugly. is there a fix for this? is this a common problem?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 09:42 PM
    Are you sure you didn't clean it and then it changed?
    06-19-12 09:44 PM
    I got my white bold 9900 from bell a week ago. I love it. but today i noticed the bottom white plastic bar under the keyboard has an ugly yellowish pinkish tint to it out of nowhere today! ive tried cleaning it even using nail polish and its just ugly. is there a fix for this? is this a common problem?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I have this on my white 9900 - from Bell too actually. Haven't really figured out what it was though. If it can't come clean (I've never tried - magic eraser?) you could just replace that bottom piece if you really wanted to.
    06-19-12 10:06 PM
    You guys smokers?
    06-19-12 10:08 PM
    While I don't own a white 9900, I remember reading in a thread around here about this problems. It seems like some carrier brandigs use either other plastic or paint on this lower panel of the device. These things tend to change colors over time. The original, unbranded white 9900s don't seem to do that. I think somebody here got a warrenty replacement of his/her device after suffering the same thing.
    06-20-12 03:33 AM
    Do not use nail polish or the remover! This will melt and discolor any plastic!
    06-20-12 06:31 AM
    Amazing how dirty the human face is, eh? It's discolouration from the oils on your face and hands.

JB
    06-20-12 07:01 AM
    Yep - sadly that chin piece will turn yellow regardless of what you do.
    I wish they had used the glass like at the top. Porous plastic where your hands and face will sit is not a good plan.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-29-12 at 08:13 AM.
    06-20-12 08:10 AM
    You can always grab a piece of Zagg shield or iShieldz and cover the bottom part of the phone (preemptive measure), and for those of you who already had the piece change colour, buy a replacement part. I think they are under 2 bucks.
    joski likes this.
    06-20-12 10:26 AM
    You can always grab a piece of Zagg shield or iShieldz and cover the bottom part of the phone (preemptive measure), and for those of you who already had the piece change colour, buy a replacement part. I think they are under 2 bucks.
    That's actually a great idea - even only to cover that small bottom piece!
    06-20-12 10:42 AM
    Iv got a blackberry 9900 white and mine also began to turn pink, I noticed that the bar underneath the keypad is actually painted. I began the scratch the paint off and underneath is what seems to be a new clean white bar.every since I picked the paint off it hasn't turned back yellow
    07-27-13 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD