Hi guys,

As the most of you know, I was super excited to get my new 9900.
    But here it comes, battery sucks (.585 because I don't know how to install leaked versions, even with a guide it's too hard for me. Btw I'm from the Netherland), but that isn't the main issue.

HELP!!!!

If I shake my phone, you can hear at the top of the phone a little 'tick'. As if a little piece of plastic is loos IN the phone. First i thought it was the proximisensor or something.
    Is that true? Please help.

And this thing sometimes randomly shut down and won't turn on untill I go fo a battery pull
    But I still love the phone though.

Tomorrow I'm going to the store and ask them for a new one, will they give me a new one or will they send the phone to RIM? Just bought it Monday
    Maybe i go for a black one...

Steven
    02-07-12 04:12 PM
    The reason I go for black is because the backlight on the white doesn't look as fancy as on the black one....
    Damn this sucks, kills my whole happiness when I got this baby....

I'm keeping you guys up to date, have a good night..*sigh*
    02-07-12 04:15 PM
    ahww it is doable and not that hard to install the leaked version though.
    aslong if you give it some time you will have it worked out.
    i tried and shook my phone just now and there is nothing i can hear ticking inside.
    i haven�t experienced that my phone will shutdown and would not even turn on.
    i do experienced some random reboots, but now as lately i don�t have it anymore.
    well where did you bought it from, i have bought mine from the belcompany and i had 14 days,
    worryfree use, if i wasn�t satisfied with it i could return it without any further problems.
    well if you want the black one ask for a black one, i guess you can get the black one instead.
    just tell your story and demand a black one. i also prefer the black one instead of the white one.
    it�s a users favor, gooduck.
    02-07-12 05:04 PM
    ahww it is doable and not that hard to install the leaked version though.
    aslong if you give it some time you will have it worked out.
    i tried and shook my phone just now and there is nothing i can hear ticking inside.
    i haven�t experienced that my phone will shutdown and would not even turn on.
    i do experienced some random reboots, but now as lately i don�t have it anymore.
    well where did you bought it from, i have bought mine from the belcompany and i had 14 days,
    worryfree use, if i wasn�t satisfied with it i could return it without any further problems.
    well if you want the black one ask for a black one, i guess you can get the black one instead.
    just tell your story and demand a black one. i also prefer the black one instead of the white one.
    it�s a users favor, gooduck.
    Thank you so much man! I also bought it from Belcompany!
    But i've a problem, I just riped the plastic of the chargers, cleaning cloth of, but I still have the plastic stickers on my phone, will they accept it? And except your recipe, do you need anything else?
    02-07-12 05:10 PM
    Btw, I think I just keep the white I love it too much.
    But if I just honestly say that my phone has that ticking problem, will they give me a new one or are they going to send the phone to RIM and repair them
    Keep in mind that Ive only bought it on monday and I don't have a insurance.
    02-07-12 05:16 PM
    well just bring the box with everything inside with you to be safe + your recipe.
    you just bought the phone on monday that's about just two days.
    tell them your story about the loose thingy inside the phone and the random shutdown.
    yeah i think they will accept it, even with the plastic stickers ripped off the phone
    it wouldn't be that big of a problem guess.
    go back and tell your story and you wanted to have the black one instead.
    oh i see you just posted, try to ask for a new one and you want to use them asap.
    since you have just bought it on monday lol, and no you won't need a insurance on this one.
    just go back and tell them about the con's you are having.
    and think wisely which color to pick! hahah black or white sleep/dream about it for a day.
    02-07-12 05:24 PM
    well just bring the box with everything inside with you to be safe + your recipe.
    you just bought the phone on monday that's about just two days.
    tell them your story about the loose thingy inside the phone and the random shutdown.
    yeah i think they will accept it, even with the plastic stickers ripped off the phone
    it wouldn't be that big of a problem guess.
    go back and tell your story and you wanted to have the black one instead.
    oh i see you just posted, try to ask for a new one and you want to use them asap.
    since you have just bought it on monday lol, and no you won't need a insurance on this one.
    just go back and tell them about the con's you are having.
    and think wisely which color to pick! hahah black or white sleep/dream about it for a day.
    You are very helpful thank you
    Hopefully it's mine in about 12 hours.
    02-07-12 08:57 PM
    They should give you a new one at least according to policies in Canada. But I don't know what's the policies in Netherlands. It all depends on the company and how European consumer laws works.

You should get a new one not a refurbish unit in my opinion.
    02-07-12 09:03 PM
    They should give you a new one at least according to policies in Canada. But I don't know what's the policies in Netherlands. It all depends on the company and how European consumer laws works.

You should get a new one not a refurbish unit in my opinion.
    I think I could get a new one, because at Belcompany you could get switch whatever phone you like within 14 days, only if you have everything in original state
    And the guys at the store were super nice, so I it probably won't be a hard to get a new one.
    I can now even cancel my contract.
    02-07-12 09:12 PM
    From what you've explained I honestly don't think you need a new device.

Just update your software for the reboot problem. (It's a known issue and is something you may have to live with if you want a 9900).
    I doubt anything is broken inside also... if you shake the phone really hard and hear a bit of a rattle it could very easily be the top lock button hitting the sides of the metal band or something. Its pretty flush, but its indented and there is space between it and the side of the metal
    02-07-12 09:19 PM
    From what you've explained I honestly don't think you need a new device.

Just update your software for the reboot problem. (It's a known issue and is something you may have to live with if you want a 9900).
    I doubt anything is broken inside also... if you shake the phone really hard and hear a bit of a rattle it could very easily be the top lock button hitting the sides of the metal band or something. Its pretty flush, but its indented and there is space between it and the side of the metal
    You're right, it was the lock button, but mine is very loose. I just need to softly touch the lockbutton several times without actually push it down, it's that loose. I mean, i don't expect that from a new phone.

Btw, I'm going after school to the store, is it better to put my 9900 in the box and then go the store or is it better to just put everything in the box except the phone+battery?
    02-07-12 09:35 PM
    Keep the battery and the phone for now, since I'm assuming you will want to transfer everything using Device Switch Wizard from your old device to your new one... but if not, then just put everything back in the box.

Not sure how Vodafone does it, but with Verizon, when you are getting a replacement (*cough*refurbished phone*cough*), you basically keep everything and you are sent a packages with just the device (no battery OR battery cover) and you just send the store back just the device and keep using your original batter and battery door (and chargers, manual, etc etc)
    02-07-12 09:42 PM
    Keep the battery and the phone for now, since I'm assuming you will want to transfer everything using Device Switch Wizard from your old device to your new one... but if not, then just put everything back in the box.

Not sure how Vodafone does it, but with Verizon, when you are getting a replacement (*cough*refurbished phone*cough*), you basically keep everything and you are sent a packages with just the device (no battery OR battery cover) and you just send the store back just the device and keep using your original batter and battery door (and chargers, manual, etc etc)
    Really? I personally think I just get a box with everything new, but in the worst scenario they'll send my phone to RIM to repair it right? How big is that chance?

And the Device Switch wizard is just in your desktop software manager right?
    02-07-12 09:47 PM
    Really? I personally think I just get a box with everything new, but in the worst scenario they'll send my phone to RIM to repair it right? How big is that chance?

And the Device Switch wizard is just in your desktop software manager right?
    Right, device switch wizard is through DM, but you need both devices to switch stuff over.

I've never heard of the carrier sending the device back to RIM to repair it (unless you bought directly through RIM). And the major US carriers will never give you a new phone, they give you a warranty replacement or an insurance replacement which is almost always a refurbished device.

But again, we don't have Vodafone, and I'm not sure how they operate when it comes to Blackberry and warranty devices.

EDIT: Oh, and also... again, at least in the US, if you buy a white device I don't think they can give you a black one, you have to get the same exact device.

BUT, if you are in the 14 day grace period (or however many days your carrier allows) you may be able to just return the phone straight up and get a brand new one (then you can get a black one).
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 02-07-12 at 10:01 PM.
    02-07-12 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD