If the old Torch can beat them, then the new models will destroy them.

View vid here:

Sorry man, but your very very wrong, the Torch is miles apart when it comes to speed of loading music movies, freedom from proprietary restraints, ease of operation, reliability of playback as well as user interface options.

Here is a vid made specially for you, notice how fast and easy it is to do multi media on my Torch, and no, you can't beat how I have a physical button on top to play/pause my music whether in pocket or holster, you can't do that.

View vid here:

I have the torch, the browser is very meh when compared to my i4 and samsung focus, how ever compared to other blackberries, it's def an improvement....
    07-23-11 02:34 PM
    iPhone4 is better than Bold 9900 because it iphone4 supports all the applications which bold 9900 doesn't support. It offers high speed in accessing internet and while downloading. Supporting memory is more than Blackberry.
    Not true on any points, sorry.
    07-23-11 04:54 PM
    my 1 ghz android is better than both
    let's compare 9900 to comparable device with same form factor..something like nokia e6. 9900 will win hands down against symbian be it anna or donna.
    07-23-11 05:00 PM
    my 1 ghz android is better than both
    let's compare 9900 to comparable device with same form factor..something like nokia e6. 9900 will win hands down against symbian be it anna or donna.
    Ill just be honest, the only comparisons that really matter to me at this point thanks to the free tablet tethering on playbook are comparisons between blackberry phones. So unless apple or anyone else is releasing an actual blackberry phone to compete with RIM Im not really interested.
    07-23-11 11:05 PM
    Sorry man, but your very very wrong, the Torch is miles apart when it comes to speed of loading music movies, freedom from proprietary restraints, ease of operation, reliability of playback as well as user interface options.

Here is a vid made specially for you, notice how fast and easy it is to do multi media on my Torch, and no, you can't beat how I have a physical button on top to play/pause my music whether in pocket or holster, you can't do that.

View vid here:

Cool video, probably... But this is your opinion. Again, some people prefer iPhone, some people prefer BlackBerry.

Apple headphones have a play/pause feature that's located on the right-ear wire which happens to be one click.
    Last edited by dalton4L; 07-24-11 at 01:58 AM.
    07-24-11 01:54 AM
    Cool video, probably... But this is your opinion. Again, some people prefer iPhone, some people prefer BlackBerry.

Apple headphones have a play/pause feature that's located on the right-ear wire which happens to be one click.
    Yeah, blackberry headsets always had that, a long press will activate voice dial too and it mutes the call if you press it during it. A long press on the volume buttons will skip to the next song, you can do that with the phone in your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 03:52 AM
    Yeah, blackberry headsets always had that, a long press will activate voice dial too and it mutes the call if you press it during it. A long press on the volume buttons will skip to the next song, you can do that with the phone in your pocket.

My point wasn't to signify which came first, but to show that iPhones essentially have that feature too. BlackBerry may have had some things before iPhone, but iPhone had a lot of things before BlackBerry also; all that is irrelevant though.
    07-24-11 03:22 PM
    My point wasn't to signify which came first, but to show that iPhones essentially have that feature too. BlackBerry may have had some things before iPhone, but iPhone had a lot of things before BlackBerry also; all that is irrelevant though.
    Ok, only the iphone headset has that, with any other headphones you don't have it anymore. I wasn't trying to make an argument about who had it first by the way. I had many dumb phones that had mute/play and volume button skip, it's not just blackberry. Those are features missing from the iphone.

07-24-11 03:45 PM
    Ok, only the iphone headset has that, with any other headphones you don't have it anymore. I wasn't trying to make an argument about who had it first by the way. I had many dumb phones that had mute/play and volume button skip, it's not just blackberry. Those are features missing from the iphone.

You may not be intending to start an argument, but the way in which you interpret what I'm saying is making things more argumentative. BlackBerry is a different phone, iPhone is a different phone, people will choose what they want.
    07-24-11 04:20 PM
    You may not be intending to start an argument, but the way in which you interpret what I'm saying is making things more argumentative. BlackBerry is a different phone, iPhone is a different phone, people will choose what they want.
    Unless you noticed this is a blackberry vs iphone thread, it's supposed to be argumentative. We're being told all the time what blackberry is lacking, as soon as we point something missing from the iphone we hurt your feelings.

01itr likes this.
    07-25-11 04:02 AM
    I'd like to see hspa+ or whatever it is vs 4G. That's the intrigue behind evo vs 9900. Imo. I'm getting both and will be shi!!ng on the iPhone twice Lmao

01itr likes this.
    07-25-11 09:43 AM
    Easily. You have basically two sections. Top Paid & Top Free which consist of the most popular(downloaded) applications all of which are accompanied by a 5 star rating system & reviews for you to browse through as well as screenshots of the application. Pretty simple really. If it's a Top Paid app obviously lots of people are buying it. If there is 4-5 stars, well that's just another indication of its worth. Then you have the reviews and people generally speak their mind. I then look at the screenshots & see if it's visually appealing. Not hard at all. )
    I agree that is how most people would choose. I'm not sure anybody would look at all 200 apps. I don't remember if apple has a recent app filter? Can a developer still create their dream app and have it easily discovered even if there is 2000 of the same type app already? They must because why would somebody write an app after there were 1999 of the same right?
    07-25-11 05:45 PM
    What is really cool is not the speed but the fact I can have my Blackberry in my pocket while viewing the web on my Playbook. Might not be quickest but my eyes sure do appreciate the added real estate! Flash is pretty cool as well.
    07-25-11 08:14 PM
    That was a FCSKING AWESOME VIDEO. Both browsers are basically neck to neck in comparison. WOW is all my mind can make me type about it. IT WOWS ME!!!!

...But i'll take a 9780 or 9790 once they're out, since i'm not caring about the latest greatest or speed. As long as it functions as it should, me is satisfied. Currently rocking my 9700.

07-25-11 08:24 PM
    Got a 9900 eval unit today. The browser is indeed fast, but touchscreen inputs are inconsistent and downright unusable on some sites. Stick with using the trackpad for inputs. The screen scrolls beautifully from the trackpad.
    07-26-11 09:19 PM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD