Well, it is clear, there will no longer be complaints about BB and it's browsers moving forward.............................finally.

Here is some Indian dude who somehow has a 9900 and is pitting it against the Iphone. In fact the 9900 kicks the Iphones head in so bad the guy is wondering if there is something wrong with his WIFI, LOL.

Aside from the sheer speed beating it inflicts, notice how much brighter, whiter and vivid the 9900 is over the Iphone. Much much nicer.

And lastly the Bold actually renders the whole page while the IPhone is missing pictures.

Bottom line, get these ****** phones out this week already so we can offer assistance to all those poor Applebots who are desperate for information that unfortunately is not available to them in a timely fashion.

View Vid Here:

Jake Storm likes this.
    07-20-11 04:56 PM
    A: The brightness on the phones may not be equal - iPhone has a far superior display pixel-wise, and dpi-wise.

B: The processor in the 9900 is 1.2GHz, the iPhone 4 is 1GHz.

C: I would sure as h*ll hope that the 9900 can beat a phone that is over a year old.
    psufan32 likes this.
    07-20-11 05:09 PM
    A- PPI nor resolution does not guarantee a better screen, sometimes a lesser spec'd screen just looks better cause it was made better. And looking here, the 9900 looks better.

B- Yup

C- you mean kinda like how we have had to endlessly hear about how much better your IPhone4 is when comparing it to our 2 year old (older actually) devices?

D- The IPhone4 is completely outclassed by Bold 9900 as of next month, and so far, there is no IPhone5 on the horizon.
    janos2808, shupor, 01itr and 2 others like this.
    07-20-11 06:17 PM
    A- PPI nor resolution does not guarantee a better screen, sometimes a lesser spec'd screen just looks better cause it was made better. And looking here, the 9900 looks better.

B- Yup

C- you mean kinda like how we have had to endlessly hear about how much better your IPhone4 is when comparing it to our 2 year old (older actually) devices?

D- The IPhone4 is completely outclassed by Bold 9900 as of next month, and so far, there is no IPhone5 on the horizon.
    A II: The smaller screen is more focused on a small area, the quality will only be able to be compared fairly in person.

C II: iPhones are compared to phones old AND new because they are the benchmark; it's what everyone looks to when comparing top-notch phones.

D: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 vs Apple iPhone 4 - Comparison - Know Your Mobile Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    07-20-11 06:33 PM
    dalton4L

The "abject comparison" you linked to was fairly ridiculous.

He rates form factor which is ludicrous, one cannot empirically compare "taste". Also this.

Processor: Iphone 1 Ghz, Bold 1.2 Ghz, Iphone wins. WTF??

Storage/Memory: Iphone4- 512 RAM non-upgradeable 16/32 Gig memory. Bold- 768 RAM SD Upgradeable memory up to 32 Gig, IPhone wins. WTF?

Sorry sir, but that link was good for a laugh, but eyes is eyes, when side by side, the Bold is simply much better.
    Jake Storm and avaio like this.
    07-20-11 06:44 PM
    dalton4L

The "abject comparison" you linked to was fairly ridiculous.

He rates form factor which is ludicrous, one cannot empirically compare "taste". Also this.

Processor: Iphone 1 Ghz, Bold 1.2 Ghz, Iphone wins. WTF??

Storage/Memory: Iphone4- 512 RAM non-upgradeable 16/32 Gig memory. Bold- 768 RAM SD Upgradeable memory up to 32 Gig, IPhone wins. WTF?

Sorry sir, but that link was good for a laugh, but eyes is eyes, when side by side, the Bold is simply much better.
    Notice I put in there that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Just because a processor has less power, that doesn't mean it will always be better or faster. Operating systems are optimized to be as fluid and easy on the battery and processor as possible - some are better optimized so you can have less power and still be more efficient than higher-power processors (although if you read it again he clearly says processors are a draw). Also, some people prefer flash storage. It has advantages because when I buy a phone, I don't want to have to pay even more money just so I can put media and stuff on it, it should already do that.
    07-20-11 07:15 PM

B- Yup

iphone5 is highly likely to be out within a month of the 9900, fast or not the 9900 still offers the same OS as other versions, just looks updated, same outdated apps, etc. let's at least be realistic, if you're a huge BB fan the 9900 will be great right? but it isn't going to affect iphone sales or even be a comparison to the iphone, it's great that their browser has gotten faster, but everything else lacks. dont do RIM any injustices in comparing the two, they aren't comparable.
    EagleLooking78 likes this.
    07-20-11 07:16 PM
    That 9900 looks pretty awesome...I'm a touch guy (s2) but I may consider that thing when it rolls out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 08:23 PM
    iphone5 is highly likely to be out within a month of the 9900, fast or not the 9900 still offers the same OS as other versions, just looks updated, same outdated apps, etc. let's at least be realistic, if you're a huge BB fan the 9900 will be great right? but it isn't going to affect iphone sales or even be a comparison to the iphone, it's great that their browser has gotten faster, but everything else lacks. dont do RIM any injustices in comparing the two, they aren't comparable.
    Thank you. Someone with sense.

07-20-11 08:30 PM
    dont do RIM any injustices in comparing the two, they aren't comparable.
    Agreed...I would never expect an iPhone to replace my BB for what I need from a communications device.
    01itr, ritesh and austriker like this.
    07-20-11 08:45 PM
    it's great that their browser has gotten faster, but everything else lacks.
    What exactly is lacking? The Bold has,

Superior Browser
    Superior Messaging and Communication
    Superior Multi Media
    Superior GUI and Interface
    Superior Power
    Superior Durability
    Superior Screen

Iphone has Front Camera and more apps for advantage. Other than that, the IPhone is very much an inferior product to the Bold 9900.

It is older given, but that blame goes to the 2 bozo's in charge of Rim, who could have very easily released this phone well before the IPhone 4 debuted. But that doesn't change the fact that Blackberry will have leapfrogged Apple in phone superiority with the 9900.
    Last edited by fabfreddie; 07-20-11 at 09:39 PM.
    eBud likes this.
    07-20-11 09:28 PM

Superior Browser
    Superior Multi Media
    Superior Power
    Superior Durability
    Superior Screen

Iphone has Front Camera and more apps for advantage. Other than that, the IPhone is very much an inferior product to the Bold 9900.

It is older given, but that blame goes to the 2 bozo's in charge of Rim, who could have very easily released this phone well before the IPhone 4 debuted. But that doesn't change the fact that Blackberry will have leapfrogged Apple in phone superiority with the 9900.
    I'm all about the 99xx over the iPhone 4/5 when I upgrade but some of the things you're listing are subjective. I think we need to compare the browser upon release to see which is better. I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing so far, but a more in depth testing is required IMO.

Messaging has gotten much better on iOS 5 but I would prefer the way BB has it still just by preference. That doesn't mean it is better.

Multimedia I would say it's not as clear cut. The iPhone's screen is much larger and better for viewing videos so that would be a big + for it. I think the 99xx's video format support could be better though. If you don't mind the smaller screen it should be fine. Also, I don't like iTunes personally but it is pretty well established and many would consider that a big + towards media experience. I might disagree.

Interface, I think iOS looks the same as it always has with some slight revisions. Same idea as BBOS so it is just based on preference again. Normally I would say the fluidity of iOS gives it the edge but now BBOS seems to match it there.

Power, I'll need to see some real world testing because it does not seem to be clear cut at this point. Especially with optimizing still being done on the 99xx and even iPhone 4/5.

Durability is another tough thing to say. It seems both the i4 and 99xx are using more premium materials. The i4 might be more fragile due to the glass on both sides. In my experience, I've seen more broken/shattered iPhones than BlackBerrys for sure. But I think that could be the price to pay for a larger screen. Still, I have yet to ever break either my Storm 1 of the past or my current Storm 2.

Screen, the edge goes to the iPhone just for the fact it has a larger screen with roughly the same sharpness (in fact better though I'm sure the difference is hard to see). I will have to wait to see them in person. I heard the new BlackBerrys have improved viewing angles and look beautiful. The Bold could edge the iPhone if one doesn't care about screen size. Determining this just by an online video is not right. You need to really see them both in person.

Also, you can't disregard the iPhone 4S/5 which should be coming around September. It's true we haven't seen anything on it but they also surprise us unexpectedly and I doubt they will hold off on releasing a phone this year.

Now....where's my 9930?
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 07-20-11 at 10:55 PM.
    avaio likes this.
    07-20-11 10:51 PM
    ...you can't disregard the iPhone 4S/5 which should be coming around September. It's true we haven't seen anything on it but they also surprise us unexpectedly and I doubt they will hold off on releasing a phone this year.
    If the iPhone 4S/5 was anywhere near completion, BGR would have "found" one in a bar by now
    MadGasser and ritesh like this.
    07-20-11 11:08 PM
    You obviously own a 99xx right? I mean you talk about the device as if you held one in your hand and used for a few days. What else is 99xx lacking? (Don't say front facing camera we already know this) Do you have a hands on video review of you using one? Thought so. I will be holding off any judgment until I actually use one because that makes sense.

Last edited by Red777; 07-21-11 at 04:22 AM.
    07-21-11 04:19 AM
    Realistically it's all about new users, existing Iphone, Android or Blackberry users that change platforms are a minority as most of us have invested in the platform we use already, apps, accessories etc or we're simply set in our ways for now.

It's all about attracting those changing from a dumb phone or the new generations of young people that will get their first mobile(that's where the budget BBs win, especially in UK)

The 9900 is looking better and better every day, soon it will be in the shops and we'll all forget about the long wait.

purijagmohan and The_PLBs like this.
    07-21-11 04:31 AM
    You obviously own a 99xx right? I mean you talk about the device as if you held one in your hand and used for a few days. What else is 99xx lacking? (Don't say front facing camera we already know this) Do you have a hands on video review of you using one? Thought so. I will be holding off any judgment until I actually use one because that makes sense.

No need to have used one, it comes with the same lack of development as all previous models

07-21-11 04:48 AM

Superior Browser
    Superior Multi Media
    Superior Power
    Superior Durability
    Superior Screen

its lacking developers and apps, which would be what drives the consumer market

07-21-11 04:50 AM
    its lacking developers and apps, which would be what drives the consumer market

I would say the others are suffering from over development, when a "kindle" search reveals nearly 200 results and the official kindle app is not even at the top you start to think there's something wrong.
    I dare you to search for "weather" in appmarket.

07-21-11 04:55 AM
    Yeah lots of options are for sure a really bad thing, thankfully most consumers hate apps

07-21-11 04:56 AM
    I just read this in an UK blog, how does this compare with retina display:
    "The screen�s a lot sharper than you might think
    The BlackBerry Bold�s 2.8-inch screen isn�t just improved through getting all touchy-feely � it�s also very sharp indeed. Okay, 640 x 480 might not sound like an especially impressive resolution, but on a 2.8-inch screen it most certainly is. In fact, the Bold 9900′s screen comes in at a mighty 287ppi (pixels per inch). That puts it well above the 218ppi Samsung Galaxy S 2 and even the so-called �qHD� HTC Sensation display, which comes in at 256ppi."

daveycrocket likes this.
    07-21-11 04:57 AM
    I'm sorry but I have to ask.. are you being serious? So if qnx takes off and has a huge development community are you going to be upset? Your point actually totally fails to make sense. Development is the one thing that could save BlackBerry. Put a poll up and ask the members here if they want more apps, you tell me the results

07-21-11 05:07 AM
    I'm sorry but I have to ask.. are you being serious? So if qnx takes off and has a huge development community are you going to be upset? Your point actually totally fails to make sense. Development is the one thing that could save BlackBerry. Put a poll up and ask the members here if they want more apps, you tell me the results

I'll worry about QNX devices when they're on the shelves, until then trends can change, if more people have tablets maybe they won't need their phones to be so smart. Or simply they can get fed up with apps, point is we don't know. QNX seems to be going in the "importing" apps direction and that's good for developers.

My opinion is more apps - good, more of the same app - not so good, is 2000 weather apps not enough?

daveycrocket likes this.
    07-21-11 05:39 AM
    I'll worry about QNX devices when they're on the shelves, until then trends can change, if more people have tablets maybe they won't need their phones to be so smart. Or simply they can get fed up with apps, point is we don't know. QNX seems to be going in the "importing" apps direction and that's good for developers.

My opinion is more apps - good, more of the same app - not so good, is 2000 weather apps not enough?

I agree with you 2000 weather apps is enough, folk seem to want to buy into something because of what it will do rather than what they need it to do, to me all this means is that "a jack of all trades is master of none" that's not to say that other phones are not good but I want a phone that gives me good communication quality, a simple game or two, whilst waiting in Dad's taxi for my daughter to arrive. And good software to interact with my computer for my work and play, I have a real camera so a camera on the phone is just a snap device, front facing cameras are ok if you don't mind paying a zillian �s per second. I know I'm old but "all eggs in one basket" never did it for me, so bring on my new torch, so I can get rid of my all touch mistake. I also do not want to be dependant on cloud services for my phone backup, calender contacts etc
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 07-21-11 at 06:57 AM.
    07-21-11 06:44 AM
    i don't understand why people compare a professional device against a hipster device. i just don't get it.
    ritesh likes this.
    07-21-11 08:02 AM
    Many professionals use iPhones on the regular basis, and companies are giving them out instead of blackberries.
    07-21-11 10:51 AM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD