Downloaded new OS 7.1 Bundle 2108 (v7.1.0.746. Platform 5.1.0.546) yesterday. Today when using universal search on my Bold 9900 to find an address inside a saved document, it came up with nothing but "Web Suggestions from Bing". I manually searched for the document and can confirm the address IS in the document, but the search function doesn't find it. I then tried searching for a contact name, which it found, but when I tried searching by phone number it didn't find it. Is this a known issue, or have other settings on the phone been changed/reset as a result of the download?
    12-01-12 12:30 AM
    It's been this way forever IIRC. Universal searches on BB's are pathetic. RIM can't do much right - they never really released an OS that did everything it was designed to...and this is one feature that has never worked as it should have.
    12-01-12 01:30 AM
    It's been this way forever IIRC. Universal searches on BB's are pathetic. RIM can't do much right - they never really released an OS that did everything it was designed to...and this is one feature that has never worked as it should have.
    Probably should have mentioned that before the update, Universal Search was working as it should. Ever since the update, that's the only thing not working.
    12-01-12 02:10 AM
    Any new features? I'm not sure I'll bother if not. Currently using the previous Telus official version and happy with performance and battery life.
    12-02-12 02:32 PM
    Been a week now and still having probs with Universal Search not finding addresses within emails. Used to work before...not anymore. Frustrating since I receive work instructions through emails with an attached .xlsx file which lists addresses. When searching for a specific address to verify the purchase order and date of work order, Universal Search doesn't find anything related to the address (which I KNOW is in the phone since I can manually find it). Everything is selected in my search parameters. All I get is "Bing Results" and "Extended Search Results"...which don't include what I'm looking for. Evertything worked fine before...not anymore! Reached out to Blackberry on Twitter, posted in the Blackberry Forums...can't find a darn thing! GRRR!!!
    12-10-12 10:36 AM