Hi All,

Figured I'd kick this off seeing as how there are likely hundreds if not thousands of folks picking up new 9900s at AT&T stores today.

I just got back with mine and have noticed a few things.

First, and most frustratingly, it appears there is some issue with Blackberry Internet Service (at least in the NYC area). I am only offered Enterprise Activation when I go to email settings, no POP/IMAP and Facebook, Twitter, etc won't connect. I've been to two AT&T stores and talked to 4 reps so far and all of them claim it's a blackberry issue that's "common when they release a new model" *sigh*.

Aside from that the device is pretty nice. It's "Made in Mexico 4" and I have noticed the trackpad is quite squeaky which is getting mildly annoying. Has anyone else w/9900s from other carriers had this issue? If so, did it go away in time or is it permanent; if the latter, I may have to exchange this for another 9900 with the hope it doesn't have the problem.

Finally, I have not been able to find any mention of NFC anywhere on the device. Looks like it's completely disabled by AT&T, at least for now.

If anyone else has thoughts, ideas, or discoveries about their new AT&T 9900s please share here.
    11-06-11 01:03 PM
    NFC is SW disabled for now. It will be available in a later SW release.

PG
    11-06-11 01:18 PM
    Hi All,

Figured I'd kick this off seeing as how there are likely hundreds if not thousands of folks picking up new 9900s at AT&T stores today.

I just got back with mine and have noticed a few things.

First, and most frustratingly, it appears there is some issue with Blackberry Internet Service (at least in the NYC area). I am only offered Enterprise Activation when I go to email settings, no POP/IMAP and Facebook, Twitter, etc won't connect. I've been to two AT&T stores and talked to 4 reps so far and all of them claim it's a blackberry issue that's "common when they release a new model" *sigh*.

Aside from that the device is pretty nice. It's "Made in Mexico 4" and I have noticed the trackpad is quite squeaky which is getting mildly annoying. Has anyone else w/9900s from other carriers had this issue? If so, did it go away in time or is it permanent; if the latter, I may have to exchange this for another 9900 with the hope it doesn't have the problem.

Finally, I have not been able to find any mention of NFC anywhere on the device. Looks like it's completely disabled by AT&T, at least for now.

If anyone else has thoughts, ideas, or discoveries about their new AT&T 9900s please share here.
    I had this same issues with my 9930 - I had to call CS and they reset the signal to the device. I didn't have an option to set up BIS, email, etc. We thought it was the device at first, but it was taken care of. The data plan was showing, I could make and receive phone calls, but no internet, etc. Just give them a call and see if they can reset it. Hope this helps!
    11-06-11 01:21 PM
    NFC is SW disabled for now. It will be available in a later SW release.

PG
    And at a later cost???
    11-06-11 01:22 PM
    I was wondering when someone was going to make a thread on this. It should be a sticky.

Anyway, CONGRATS!
    11-06-11 01:24 PM
    lol, I'd love to say no but I'll be the first to say with at&t you never really know...

I really don't think we'll charge for it because there is no really network impact to using it...

PG
    11-06-11 01:25 PM
    When I try to hide all of the bloatware icons - they just come right back after a restart. Is this common with other 9900/9930s?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 01:31 PM
    When I try to hide all of the bloatware icons - they just come right back after a restart. Is this common with other 9900/9930s?

No you shouldn't see that. I moved mine to a folder then hid them and it works fine even after reset.

PG
    11-06-11 01:37 PM
    No you shouldn't see that. I moved mine to a folder then hid them and it works fine even after reset.

PG
    Next time they come back I will try this. Thanks for the tip.

11-06-11 01:40 PM
    It worked! Thanks a lot.

11-06-11 09:53 PM
    Hi All,
    My 9900 is also Made in Mexico 4. I noticed my trackpad making a little noise earlier but playing with it right now I can't seem to get any noises. Maybe it just needed get worked out a little?

Even so, my 9700's trackpad is very loose and has been since the first month or so I got it (now 2 or so years) but works fine. I gave it to someone who is still using it today.
    11-06-11 10:01 PM
    Mine was made in Mexico 4. My trackpad has an occasional, slight squeak, but it isn't really bothering me that much and it seems to have gone away now. Other than that, everything is fine hardware wise.
    11-06-11 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD