I installed The new update to my 9900 via OTA. When I hooked up to Desktop Manager to backup and sync afterwards, the Applications list was completely empty. I cant figure out how to restore the list of applications in Desktop Manager. Shouldn't the list automatically refresh?
    12-05-11 12:48 AM
    Ok CX tweeted this morning "AT&T received .576 for the 9900 this morning. 7.1 is going to be a little longer." Any idea when they will be releasing it to the public??

Thanks CX
    Alex
    12-05-11 07:17 PM
    Desktop Manager does not detect the new bundle. Does this have to be done OTA?
    Same for me. I was hesitating with doing the update OTA so I plugged it into my Mac to do it through Desktop. It said there was no update available. I turned on wifi and did it OTA in the end anyway! At least there were no problems.

I installed The new update to my 9900 via OTA. When I hooked up to Desktop Manager to backup and sync afterwards, the Applications list was completely empty. I cant figure out how to restore the list of applications in Desktop Manager. Shouldn't the list automatically refresh?
    I have a very short list under Desktop's applications now. So, it's not totally gone like yours, but there are a very limited amount of things shown - around 10 apps shown. I can't tweek the language options or do anything else like I used to. I'm not sure what happened either.
    12-05-11 07:37 PM
    Ok CX tweeted this morning "AT&T received .576 for the 9900 this morning. 7.1 is going to be a little longer." Any idea when they will be releasing it to the public??

Thanks CX
    Alex
    Hey Phonegeek or CX,

Any release date guesses?
    12-05-11 08:39 PM

Thanks CX
    Alex
    Hey Phonegeek or CX,

Any release date guesses?
    Yeah we just got .576 this morning. We don't have a 7.1 version to test yet but understand that we're expecting it "soon"... Keep following CX and I, probably more CX than I as he'll likely get the info out ahead of me...

PG
    12-05-11 08:50 PM
    Same for me. I was hesitating with doing the update OTA so I plugged it into my Mac to do it through Desktop. It said there was no update available. I turned on wifi and did it OTA in the end anyway! At least there were no problems.

I have a very short list under Desktop's applications now. So, it's not totally gone like yours, but there are a very limited amount of things shown - around 10 apps shown. I can't tweek the language options or do anything else like I used to. I'm not sure what happened either.
    I have a short applications list as well. Also not sure what happened.
    12-05-11 09:04 PM
    You guys updated something that was working just fine. Don't ever do that. Seriously. It's like BIOS updates. Unless you get a list of bug fixes and recognize something you need, leave it alone. I know there is no list with a BB update, but until you see consistent feedback that the update rectifies an issue you are having, bad idea.
    ShoshiOne likes this.
    12-05-11 09:15 PM
    1. There apparently is a conflict between Desktop Software Mac and latest version of AppWorld. Removing latest AppWorld resolves issue with error message when adding/deleting from Desktop Software Applications List.

2. Installing latest 9900 update via OTA is successful on 9900, and all functions in Desktop software work, except Applications List in Desktop Software. The list shows no apps, unless OS is reverted to previous version.

Spent a long time talking with RIM, and hopefully an update to something, perhaps AppWorld will solve some of this. They didn't advise or discourage installing new OS update. Update should have also shown up in Desktop Software, but didn't. But, since Appworld messes it up anyway, I figured I might as well have the latest OS. One can always revert back if needed. The latest Appworld is much better also.

I'm playing it safe by using BlackBerry Protect.
    12-05-11 09:32 PM
    can some please upload the java folder for us builders , if u could and link it here or pm me would be awesome ... ty
    12-05-11 09:44 PM
    You guys updated something that was working just fine. Don't ever do that. Seriously. It's like BIOS updates. Unless you get a list of bug fixes and recognize something you need, leave it alone. I know there is no list with a BB update, but until you see consistent feedback that the update rectifies an issue you are having, bad idea.
    Good advice! Wish I had it before last night though. D'oh! I'll keep that in mind from now on.

I guess I had gotten into the mindset that updates are usually good things and went ahead without looking into it much. Not the smartest thing but so it was....
    12-05-11 10:44 PM
    Yeah we just got .576 this morning. We don't have a 7.1 version to test yet but understand that we're expecting it "soon"... Keep following CX and I, probably more CX than I as he'll likely get the info out ahead of me...

PG
    How soon on OS .576? Will AT&T require a change in plan to use the hotspot feature?
    12-06-11 06:20 AM
    How soon on OS .576? Will AT&T require a change in plan to use the hotspot feature?
    Well it was only 2 weeks since we pushed the 2nd .440 build out to customers so I imagine you'd see .576 before Christmas...

PG
    jcp007 likes this.
    12-06-11 08:54 AM
    I don't think this OTA update has had any negative effect, other than clearing the Applications List in Desktop software. I found that once installed, the 9900 initially appeared to lockup with nothing happening on the screen and no reaction from the buttons. Also the radio signal was very low. But then the signal returned to full strength and everything worked. So it obviously must have been doing some more install/setup procedures.

I don't mind the Applications List issue for now, if it gets fixed in some update, because the latest AppWorld causes problems in the List too. The update was listed as a minor one, so wither way is not a big deal.
    12-06-11 01:30 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD