First off, sorry if this has been covered before.

I replaced the standard black screen on my 9900 with a white one (correct revision number etc etc). When I installed it, the phone wouldnt turn on only the red light would blink, the phone wouldnt connect to the desktop manager (keeps connecting/disconnecting), and the battery won't charge.

When i put the original screen back on, everything works again. Any help? Is it the new screen I bought?

Thanks
    07-24-12 10:59 AM
    Well, if you managed to remove and then replace the ORIGINAL screen and it works fine, it sounds as if you knew the right cables and such. So the new screen might be the problem. Or you could try one more time - maybe you missed something in the first attempt.

Good luck.
    07-24-12 03:37 PM
    Alright try this, reinstall your new screen this time making sure everything is snug, screws in the right place, and tightened adequately. If its still blinking, I would first plug it into a charger/laptop and then use a light tester pen to see if the metal band is emitting electricity.

I had a similar problem, I put in a new screen but it wouldn't turn on and I had the blinking red light. I also notice that the metal band was lighting up my light tester pen. Possibly it was shorting out the phone that's why I saw the red light. So I made sure to reassemble everything properly and there's no longer electricity coming from the metal band when charging and the screen works fine.

EDIT: If that doesn't get you anywhere, a least likely option would be to try and install a new OS with the new screen. This guide work's very well for that http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ed-blackberry/...it should get you out of blinking and into a new OS, however if after the first restart it still doesn't turn on then it's more likely the problem above.
    Last edited by parsf19; 07-24-12 at 05:36 PM.
    07-24-12 05:34 PM
    Thanks for the help.

I tried updating/re-installing OS and had the usual problems of connecting/disconnecting USB. Eventually, I tried to downgrade the OS and for some reason that worked. It restarted and the "jingle" for the introduction/setup video played but the screen stayed blank. This makes me think the screen and phone are both working, just not compatible (even though both the original and the new LCD's are 001/111)

I found a post somewhere on here that said white LCD's won't work on black 9900's even if the versions are the same. Any thoughts?
    07-25-12 08:01 AM
    I haven't heard that before so can't really comment. If you are desperate for a brute force solution, you can just exchange the digitizers so your original LCD will have the white digitizer. Possibly the new LCD is faulty. I'm pretty sure people have done black to white conversion just fine, but you would have to do a forum search just to double check.
    07-25-12 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD