New OS Update! Its a build in the .200-.300 range too! Are we getting closer to a release for this thing already? These builds have to be getting close to "release-quality" by now. **** the 9800 was sold with crap for an OS!

BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 & Torch 9850/9860 OS 7.0.0.261 Found Online - BerryReview

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-19-11 at 12:23 AM.
    07-19-11 12:21 AM
    "New OS Update" is rather misleading.. those files could have been signed a while ago, by the time an OS gets around to being leaked -- most cases RIM is already onto many revisions ahead. But that said; I don't disagree that a release is coming soon.

Digital signatures show a release of Sunday, July 17th for the 9900 and July 16, for the 9930 so they are indeed fairly new. But give the previous versions were almost exactly a month previous.. one update in a month seems rather weak, so some had to of been made but not leaked in between times.
    07-19-11 01:59 AM
    How do I use this with the 9930 simulator?
    07-19-11 05:38 AM
    I just saw Dawg_man's tweet about this build.He says " it just keeps pulling up the spinning clock like old OS 4-5 with the hour glass "

Not sure that is great news.Why it's one step forward and two steps back for RIM always.
    07-19-11 06:50 AM
    So if this OS signals "a release soon", then how do they get this OS on all of the phones allready produced and in boxes????
    07-19-11 08:46 AM
    "New OS Update" is rather misleading.. those files could have been signed a while ago, by the time an OS gets around to being leaked -- most cases RIM is already onto many revisions ahead. But that said; I don't disagree that a release is coming soon. Digital signatures show a release of Sunday, July 17th for the 9900 and July 16, for the 9930 so they are indeed fairly new. But give the previous versions were almost exactly a month previous.. one update in a month seems rather weak, so some had to of been made but not leaked in between times.
    Sure. If its misleading, give it a change! You've got the power dude. As for month to month updates--if that is what's going on--it doesn't sound unfamiliar. Look at the PlayBook's miserable month to month updates.

I just saw Dawg_man's tweet about this build.He says " it just keeps pulling up the spinning clock like old OS 4-5 with the hour glass " Not sure that is great news. Why it's one step forward and two steps back for RIM always.
    Haha. NOOO! The hourglass!! Again though, look at the PlayBook's updates. Downloaded 1.0.7.2650 this morning and all it did was break Bridge (for me at least) and add some .zip capabilities and screen orientation for photos.

So if this OS signals "a release soon", then how do they get this OS on all of the phones allready produced and in boxes????
    How long ago did it pass the FCC? Not even a week? I don't remember. Either way, who's to say they are even in large-scale production yet? (I have no clue, I'm asking... Honest, before people bite at me and cause grief as seems to be the only thing people do around here anymore! My posts need disclaimers now.)
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-19-11 at 08:56 AM.
    07-19-11 08:53 AM
    It is not uncommon for a new OS to be released, if not several, for a un-released phone. This is the way is has always been. We hear more about it because of search engines like Google.

Each device depending on the carrier is flashed with their OS of the carriers choice just before shipping. Another new OS does not mean it is getting ready for delivery.
    07-19-11 10:25 AM
    It is not uncommon for a new OS to be released, if not several, for a un-released phone. This is the way is has always been. We hear more about it because of search engines like Google. Each device depending on the carrier is flashed with their OS of the carriers choice just before shipping. Another new OS does not mean it is getting ready for delivery.
    Thanks. We had pretty much of that covered in the posts previous to yours. It is precedence, however, that once builds start reaching into the .200-.300 level they are generally set for release and a new device is not far behind. This has been the case for quite a few of the last devices RIM has put out (granted over a year+ ago); you're right. This is not uncommon and this is how its always been. We're not debating that. We have had several builds leaked for these devices in the past few months...some still bestowed with build numbers in the 6.1.0.XXXX range. Again, what I was noting here is that this leak is NEW in the fact that the build was just currently finished up or at least signed and that its in the range that we ordinarily see devices beginning to be released with. N4BB, BerryReview, and others have posted similar comments on their respective sites. Its just an observation and--granted--more speculation, but at this point that's all we have, right? No big deal.
    07-19-11 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD