I plan on switching from the iphone to the Bold or BB touch when ever it is released. I was wondering 1) What price are we going to be looking at for this device? 2) Is it possible that RIM is waiting for apple's WWDC to unveil a release date to see if apple makes good on the september release of the iphone 4s? I'm not an expert in this so if I'm wrong, that's why
    05-22-11 06:42 PM
    1) Best guess -- $200-$250 with a 2-year contract commitment. SWAG -- $500-$600 straight away without a commitment.

2) No one has yet to ascertain any rhyme or reason to RIM's timing of anything other than when they get around to it. We think they've learned that time is not a luxury they have, and these things need to be developed and out the door as quickly as possible. They've so far announced a 'sometime this Summer' release of the 9900/9930 only ... best guess is within a few months after that for the BB Touch (which is different from the Bold Touch). So to make a long story short, RIM will announce a release date when they're reasonably sure they can meet it, and I don't think it will have anything to do with the release of the next iPhone other than knowing they need to do their damnedest to get at least one new model out first.
    05-22-11 07:24 PM
    1. No one knows how much this will cost... only thing we can do is guess... I would say it will be around ~$500 Canadian (USD will be almost the same)

2. Nope... its not RIM that is delaying the so called "official release". It is the service providers (carriers) that is delaying the release. By looking at the fact that Canadian service providers like Telus already giving away 9780s for $0.00, it is a good indication that that 9900 is coming soon to Telus. AT&T is testing the phone as we speak and most other service providers piggyback on AT&T. So, when AT&T say it is ready, I am sure both Canada and US will start selling them.
    05-22-11 08:10 PM
    199 on contract in the states and 499 for out of contract is my guess.

I don't think the release of a new iPhone will matter. They would have released the same day of the Verizon iPhone if they could have but the phones aren't ready. They will be pushed out when ready and probably won't care what else is going on since the sooner the better.
    05-22-11 08:58 PM
    I'm sure Sprint will be $199.99 new/upgrade price and around $599.00 full price. Hopefully we'll see it released end of June, early July.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 09:43 PM
    I plan on switching from the iphone to the Bold or BB touch when ever it is released. I was wondering 1) What price are we going to be looking at for this device? 2) Is it possible that RIM is waiting for apple's WWDC to unveil a release date to see if apple makes good on the september release of the iphone 4s? I'm not an expert in this so if I'm wrong, that's why
    Go Ponies.

That is all.
    05-26-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD