Any ideas? I absolutely hands-down love my bbery. I work for an engineering firm, and was previously using an 8330, thought it was the best phone ever. Then I upgraded to a 9330... Man that phone was nice. Then I got fed up with my sprint service, and decided to have my company drop cash on a new bold 9900, and pick me up an at&t account. I *almost* got the iPhone 4... What a great phone. But this Bold 9900 is the most amazing piece of telehpony engineering I've ever touched. LOVE it!

I recently bought an extended battery from the same source I've bought extended batteries for all of my bberries from. Only this time, when I installed it, I got an image of a batter with a slash thru it. Tried a few things, and couldn't get it to recognize.

Any ideas?
    12-24-11 04:59 PM
    you probaly need to clone the battery to let it work with your device.
    Interesting. I've never had to do that before. How do I go about doing that?

Also... How do I subscribe to my threads guys? I can't seem to load them into my ucp
    12-24-11 05:14 PM
    Where did you get the battery, I wouldn't mind getting one also. Need to see how to clone it also.
    12-24-11 05:26 PM
    Weird. I've never had that problem before... So will at&t a unit or do I have to buy one?
    12-24-11 05:42 PM
    So if I get a cloner will my new battery def work? Will i have to constantly clone my extended battery ill once be enough?

roct
    12-26-11 12:10 PM
    I've seen pics of them online, so I don't think I'm being trolled per se'. I've seen via google search that there's a battery cloner

cvi
    12-26-11 02:23 PM
    Interesting. So should I do an rma on my battery? Or buy from another source or what?
    12-26-11 03:18 PM
    here is a video.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRM3b2Y7Pc[/YT]
    12-26-11 04:31 PM
    I'll have to check the vid later service is crappy here. Does it show how to recode the battery?

I'm debating if I should send this batt back and get a new one or just get a damn decoder.
    12-26-11 04:44 PM
    most of those aftermarket batteries come with the decoder...if not then send it back or take it to one of those cell phone shops and have them do it?
    12-26-11 04:54 PM
    I'll have to check the vid later service is crappy here. Does it show how to recode the battery?

I'm debating if I should send this batt back and get a new one or just get a damn decoder.
    You should definitely contact the source where you got the battery. They should've known you can't use an aftermarket battery in a 99xx without cloning it first.
    12-26-11 05:12 PM
    Ok good I guys. Guess I'll be returning the batt or buying a cloner...
    12-26-11 05:32 PM
    I got of 1 of these from ebay and it works ok. But it doesn't charge 100% and it doesn't last half as the original one. Don't waste your time like I did, wait for Seido extended battery. U don't want be to dealing with that unlocking everytime your phone dies or u reboot ur phone.
    12-26-11 10:24 PM
    I love Seido, but I don't want to wait around for something that may never happen...
    12-26-11 10:29 PM
    I got of 1 of these from ebay and it works ok. But it doesn't charge 100% and it doesn't last half as the original one. Don't waste your time like I did, wait for Seido extended battery. U don't want be to dealing with that unlocking everytime your phone dies or u reboot ur phone.
    It must be hit or miss with all the aftermarket brands as to what is good and not good.I bought an extended battery for my storm 2 and it was excellent.

To the OP 85,some aftermarket batteries need cloning or whatever it is called and some don't.I have no idea why this is,but if you got one that needed to be cloned it should have come with the device to do it.On Ebay you will see many for sale and in the description the cloning device comes with.Maybe by some fluke you actually got a shiny brand new dead battery?it happens.If you bought a batt that needed cloning and it didn't come with the device and didn't mention anything about it,you musta got one of a deal.
    12-27-11 07:58 AM
    Alright guys here's an update. The place I bought the battery with I have done business with a few other times for my bberry's. I emailed them and asked them wtf. They said they are contacting the manufacturor to see if they made a bad batch or what the deal is. He said the manufacturor will be sending me a new one if that's the case. Otherwise my contact will be sending me another brand. And to clarify; they ARE fixing this issue regardless of which avenue they are required to travel down to do it. I'll keep you posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-11 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD