Normally the BIS will wirelessly synchronise messages to read status on both devices.

Why does my config do the opposite? Whenever I read an email or respond to one on the laptop, it updates it to unread and top of the inbox list on my BB?
    Have searched and read a lot of forums, but haven't found an answer?

Any ideas CB gurus?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 07:42 AM
    What type of email?
    What computer OS?
    11-14-11 12:15 PM
    My school uses a customied GMAIL and any time I send an email, it sends one to my phone from "me" as well. I've just always accepted it as something that the school set up.

Last edited by Zwickliffe; 11-14-11 at 04:07 PM.
    11-14-11 01:06 PM
    That is a bit of an odd problem.
    I have 2 personal emails and one for my university on my BB. Whenever I send out an email from the computer (no matter which account), it'll show up in my BB's message folder as a sent mail. It's not marked new or unread though. It shows like any email I might have sent from my phone - just a copy of the message with a check mark by it.

Did you check your message settings? Could it be with how you have those options set up? Or is this ONLY for your school email but doesn't happen with others?

11-14-11 01:58 PM
    What type of email?
    What computer OS?
    Imap email
    Win7 using outlook 2010
    11-15-11 06:09 AM
    'Imap email' ?? What ISP/service provider?
    11-15-11 06:58 AM
    'Imap email' ?? What ISP/service provider?
    bigpond but it's on a domain with pop accounts although mine is upgraded to exchange. They advised to setup as imap
    11-16-11 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD