hi, just want to confirm wheter this is a bug or my hardware faulty
    im on 9900 runnin os 353
    if i took a picture , its perfectly normal
    but if i took a video, its kind of "zooming"

hmmm how to explain...

its like taking a photo using a wide angle lens
    and taking video using tele photo lens

are everyone experiencing the same thing ?
    09-24-11 12:48 PM
    i am also using a 9900, i have exactly the same issue as you, hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon
    09-24-11 01:59 PM
    funny, I noticed the same thing today. I guess it's for quality purposes. Like a photo: if you shrink the size it looks better (on a video it could look like it's 'zoomed'), if you enlarge the size the quality will get worse. Hope you're still following me.

I could be totally wrong but that's my best guess
    09-25-11 04:06 PM
    It's not a bug. It looks zoomed in when you're in the video camera because you have your video format set to HD. If you set it to normal, it will zoom out just a little bit giving you the same viewing angle as if you were taking a picture. Hard to explain, but go to your video camera, set it to HD & you'll see that it looks zoomed in. Now, change it to "normal" & you'll see the difference. I'm assuming that when the setting is on HD, it looks zoomed in because the quality is greatly increased. Maybe someone else can elaborate on why it zooms in on HD
    09-25-11 06:51 PM
    but it doesn't make sense my iphone 4 record video in HD too and it doesnt do that.
    and it make us difficult to use our phone to record video too because we have to stand much further back from the object.
    09-26-11 01:36 AM
    A lot of post-production video editing use a stablization technique that requires zooming in a little on the frame. Does anyone know if OS7's image stablization does the same thing, and more importantly, does your problem go away if it's turned off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 06:35 AM
    ^^
    i tried to turn off the image stabilization and it make no difference
    09-26-11 10:50 AM
    ^^
    i tried to turn off the image stabilization and it make no difference
    Indeeeeeed. Turning off the image stabilization doesn't change the video camera magnification situation. I still believe it's not a bug, but just the way HD works with certain cameras (I.e. Edof cameras)
    09-26-11 11:32 AM
    we'll see i hope is a bug though as its very incovinience if you want to use the video cam as you must stand further to the object and missing the sound or voice because of he distance.
    09-26-11 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD