My girlfriends sister works in a mall at Virgin mobile and they just got the demo phones for the new Bolds 99XX. Just wondering if anyone know anything else about when they are going to up for sale?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 01:05 PM
    Thanks for the info. Good to know more carriers will be getting the new bbs
    08-08-11 01:06 PM
    This should mean Bell also have received their dummy units, since Virgin is a break off of Bell, the release dates should also be similar if not the same, and right now their systems are showing August 16th.
    08-08-11 01:51 PM
    Well this sounds promising! Was this in Western Canada or Eastern Canada? The reason I'm asking is because I was at the Metrotown mall in BC. I asked the two girls that worked the Virgin Mobile Kiosk about the Bold 9900 and they were totally blank about the whole thing. One did say she heard they might be training soon.
    Either way sounds like the new Bolds will be in stores soon.
    08-08-11 02:36 PM
    Why not ask your girlfriends sister? lol.

ps:

08-08-11 03:12 PM
    I am in southern Ontario. And she is working right now but we will ask and I will update with any info I get.

08-08-11 03:32 PM
    I am in southern Ontario. And she is working right now but we will ask and I will update with any info I get.

08-08-11 04:44 PM
    VZ needs to hurry the **** up...
    08-08-11 04:48 PM
    VZ needs to hurry the **** up...
    screw that, i'm lovin all the Canadian early love
    08-08-11 05:03 PM
    WOW!!!!!!! I'm pre-ordered for the one on the left
    08-08-11 05:22 PM
    My girlfriends sister works in a mall at Virgin mobile and they just got the demo phones for the new Bolds 99XX. Just wondering if anyone know anything else about when they are going to up for sale?

Based on the OP's post, I went in to our local mall to see what the Bell Mobility reps would say (Scottsdale Mall in Delta) I also checked the Rogers and Telus stores who both said they didn't know but maybe by the end of the month. However ..... Bell Mobility reps told me they would have the Bold 9900 in the store for us to buy on the 16th of this month !! Yay Bell
    08-08-11 05:39 PM
    08-08-11 07:15 PM
    Since Rogers is going to be selling it for 549... If I buy a 9900 on rogers and have it unlocked will it work on Virgin Mobile Canada??
    08-08-11 07:36 PM
    Hm. Im getting the bold 9900 on a 3 year contract, and going with Virgin Mobile seems like a better choice, hence i will be saving $70 .. however.. the plans are $50 with less features, as oppose to paying $250 with rogers on a 3 year contract with a $40 monthly plan ..

Rogers need to make it cheaper. Even thought Virgin Mobile is cheaper, I think Rogers would be better .. im just hoping Rogers lower the prices asap !
    08-08-11 08:23 PM
    Since Rogers is going to be selling it for 549... If I buy a 9900 on rogers and have it unlocked will it work on Virgin Mobile Canada??

Yes it will. Rogers and Virgin have the same 3G bands. Just like Bell and Telus.
    08-08-11 08:29 PM
    Hm. Im getting the bold 9900 on a 3 year contract, and going with Virgin Mobile seems like a better choice, hence i will be saving $70 .. however.. the plans are $50 with less features, as oppose to paying $250 with rogers on a 3 year contract with a $40 monthly plan ..

Rogers need to make it cheaper. Even thought Virgin Mobile is cheaper, I think Rogers would be better .. im just hoping Rogers lower the prices asap !
    All you have to do is tell rogers to lower the price or you're leaving and Not coming back, they'll do anything for you afterrr that
    08-08-11 08:33 PM

You're better off staying with Rogers, trust me. Like what "DeeDudnath" said, threaten to cancel and Rogers will give you a better price plan. It may not be better than Virgin Mobile, but Rogers is a better company. All you have to do is say these magic words "I would like a better plan or I'm going to Bell". Rogers hate Bell with a passion.
    08-08-11 08:53 PM
    You're better off staying with Rogers, trust me. Like what "DeeDudnath" said, threaten to cancel and Rogers will give you a better price plan. It may not be better than Virgin Mobile, but Rogers is a better company. All you have to do is say these magic words "I would like a better plan or I'm going to Bell". Rogers hate Bell with a passion.
    I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada and as far as I know they are the only ones that offer unlimited international texting. So its VMC for me as my sister lives in the USA.
    08-08-11 10:14 PM
    All you have to do is tell rogers to lower the price or you're leaving and Not coming back, they'll do anything for you afterrr that
    Haha ! Well, i'm only with Rogers on a pay-as-you go phone right now ! I dont think blackmailing them with a pay as you go plan is as easy.
    08-08-11 10:14 PM
    I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada and as far as I know they are the only ones that offer unlimited international texting. So its VMC for me as my sister lives in the USA.

Wind and Mobilicity offers unlimited everything for $45. I wouldn't switch to them though.
    08-08-11 10:35 PM
    Haha ! Well, i'm only with Rogers on a pay-as-you go phone right now ! I dont think blackmailing them with a pay as you go plan is as easy.
    Didn't know you were on Paygo with Rogers. Yup, you have no bargaining power with Paygo.
    08-08-11 10:36 PM
    I am currently a Virgin member for about a year now and loving it! (I switched over from Rogers) I just spoke to someone at a Virgin Kiosk regarding any possible holds on the new Bold's. Even though they said that they dont do holds on new product, he did say that the release won't take a week or two and he would suggest more like days a way. This is exciting. Can't wait to get the new Bold in my hands and go back to the best Blackberry out there (I previously had the 9000 and 9700)
    08-09-11 12:37 PM
    Wind and Mobilicity offers unlimited everything for $45. I wouldn't switch to them though.
    True but out here in BC the areas they have are chopped up and you can easily end up in a "pay" zone by driving to work.
    08-09-11 01:55 PM
    The new Blackberry's are available online through Virgin Mobile today! They will be available in stores/kiosks this week! Most likely looking at Friday August 12th
    08-10-11 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD