I can't download anything from the app world! My phone brings up the license agreement for App World, let's me select Ok and then the license goes away. However it doesn't let me leave the main page really or download anything. As soon as I go to download something else or go to my Apps it brings the license agreement back up? Ideas?

I had this problem on the stock app world and I even installed the App World 3.0 beta last night, no luck!
    09-03-11 10:11 AM
    I would suggest taking it back to where you bought it, since it is "NEW" snd let them fix it or replace the device. either that or perhapts reinstll OS.
    09-03-11 10:14 AM
    Delete the App World app from the phone and re-download the App World from the Internet using the web browser on the phone. This solved like this on my good old bold 9700.
    09-03-11 10:15 AM
    Delete the App World app from the phone and re-download the App World from the Internet using the web browser on the phone. This solved like this on my good old bold 9700.
    I was going to suggest the same thing but he said he downloaded the beta version with the same problem so my thinking is bad/buggy OS install.
    mssca likes this.
    09-03-11 10:18 AM
    I would suggest taking it back to where you bought it, since it is "NEW" snd let them fix it or replace the device. either that or perhapts reinstll OS.
    This is an App issue. Most companies will take the phone back and delete the App world and reinstall it. I work at BestBuy Mobile and we don`t replace a device for this issue. We just reload the App World.

Instead of standing in line for help and wasting your time at the store, I would re-load the App World and see what happen. This is NOT a defect so they will most likely just reload App World. But again, its up to you. You can take it back.
    09-03-11 10:19 AM
    I was going to suggest the same thing but he said he downloaded the beta version with the same problem so my thinking is bad/buggy OS install.
    Ya... you may be right. I have reloaded App World, Social Feed, BBM and so many other apps for BestBuy customers who came back to us saying, it won`t load or it cause the phone to crash so on...
    Last edited by mss-ca; 09-03-11 at 10:22 AM.
    09-03-11 10:20 AM
    Ya... you may be right. I have reloaded App World, Social Feed, BBM and so many other apps for BestBuy customers who came back to us saying, it won`t load or it cause the phone to crash so on...
    Well I called Sprint Tech and their BB people had me do a factory reset. That didn't work so I manually deleted it from the applications, rebooted and reinstalled it from the web. No luck.

Any more ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 11:08 AM
    Well I called Sprint Tech and their BB people had me do a factory reset. That didn't work so I manually deleted it from the applications, rebooted and reinstalled it from the web. No luck.

Any more ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I do not think it is an app issue, I think you have an issue with the OS. Reinstall the OS or if you are not cofortable doing it yourself, take it back to Sprint and have them do it for you. It is a New device and ther should NOT be a charge for it even if you do not have the service contract. if after they reinstall the OS if you still have the same issue they will replace the device. I have been with Sprint since 1997 and they have always been good about that kind of stuff for me.
    09-03-11 11:14 AM
    Well I called Sprint Tech and their BB people had me do a factory reset.
    FYI, a Factory Reset is NOT the same as reinstalling the OS. I didnt know if you knew this already or not...
    09-03-11 11:19 AM
    I agree with reloading the OS if reinstalling the offending app didn't work, this does NOT sound like a hardware issue. Everyone is complaining about device prices going up, but this tenancy to simply return a device right away if things are not just so on their devices is costing carriers/OEM's money and in turn pushing prices up. These are computers not simply phones and it's not a realistic expectation that you are not going to have to trouble shoot things.
    09-03-11 11:28 AM
    Did you do a device switch when you originally set up your new BB? If yes, then we had similar issues.

I can't remember the thread that I read, but I followed this knowledge base article:
    KB28038-BlackBerry App World hangs after clicking My World or BIS Email Setup will not connect after switching to a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

The refresh of the core applications solved all my Appworld issues.
    09-03-11 11:36 AM
    I am not going to return it, I know it's a software issue, but I want it fixed none the less.

If I reinstall the OS, where do I do I start and which OS should I put on the device?
    09-03-11 11:40 AM
    I am not going to return it, I know it's a software issue, but I want it fixed none the less.

If I reinstall the OS, where do I do I start and which OS should I put on the device?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-302...-blackberry-os
    09-03-11 11:50 AM
    You may want to try "Radar.1'S" suggetion prior to reinstalling the OS. It will take a lot less time if it works, if not than you are no worse off than before and just go ahead with the OS reinstallation. Good Luck
    09-03-11 12:02 PM
    FIXED!

BB Tech Support fixed it.

The rep had my go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore on my computer and log in. I then downloaded a browser plugin and connected my phone. I was able to accept all of the agreements on my computer in the browser and set everything up there and then it pushed this info to the phone and no more agreements! It works!

Thanks.
    09-03-11 12:44 PM
    I had similar experiences. Sprint was great but wiping the device and re-installying the OS did nothing. They replaced the device and now all works perfectly (3rd one, by the way). Great phone and great service from Sprint
    09-03-11 01:11 PM
    FIXED!

BB Tech Support fixed it.

The rep had my go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore on my computer and log in. I then downloaded a browser plugin and connected my phone. I was able to accept all of the agreements on my computer in the browser and set everything up there and then it pushed this info to the phone and no more agreements! It works!

Thanks.

Same issue, same fix, thanks for the tip!!
    03-18-12 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD