Hello all...got my 9900 and have been messing around with it for a couple days.... here are a few items for discussion.

1. Trackpad .. as usual ... after a day's worth (I am a heavy user) the trackpad is a tad jiggly. Normal for trackpad berries .. not concerned.

2. Back button brings up the quick launch menu ... wtf?? fixed by locking and unlocking the screen but this should not be happening. Software fix on the horizion to fix this? Feels like a bug.

3. Finally, VIBRATION ... my 9780 used to vibrate so hard I heard it from the other floor of the house when I left it on my desk. This phone, even in my hand, I can barely feel the vibration ... anyone else notice an issue with this?

Interesting .... FOR REAL.... the vibrate is ultra-soft.

Cheers. Loving the phone so far .. but that back button glitch and the soft vibration are the only concerns so far ... (battery life too but I have car charger and office charger and I always travel with a second battery when I vacation (always have).
    08-30-11 12:04 AM
    1. My trackpad squeaks. No biggie.
    2. OS 7.0.0.353 fixed the back button glitch.
    3. Mine seems about the same as my 9780

*edit
    Did a side by side comparison and the 9780 seems to vibrate a little stronger. Still not as strong as my 9550 did, that thing really shook.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 08-30-11 at 12:13 AM.
    08-30-11 12:09 AM
    My 9900 does the quick launch menu too but only sometimes. Another temp fix is to press the alt first and then the back button. I haven't figured out a permanent fix yet. I guess I would try with updating to the latest firmware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 12:10 AM
    The only issue I'm having is the weak vibration. I really wish it we're stronger as I have to have my BB on vibrate all day while I'm at work. I miss a lot of calls (sometimes, that's a GOOD thing! Haha). Also, by having a weaker vibration, it's probably saving battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 12:12 AM
    My Sprint 9930 also same issue with sound (even with audio boost, doesn't come close to my 9700 without audio boost). But the vibration is by far the biggest downgrade following the pathetic battery principle.

Vibrate on this phone= 100% worthless, honestly dont feel it vibrate in my pocket while sitting and trying to feel it. RIM you down syndromes, and us idiots for biting to your showboating of your "flagship". Nokia all over again.

Oh by the way the whole QuickLaunch menu issue isnt present on my 9300.
    08-30-11 12:30 AM
    1. My trackpad squeaks. No biggie.
    2. OS 7.0.0.353 fixed the back button glitch.
    3. Mine seems about the same as my 9780

*edit
    Did a side by side comparison and the 9780 seems to vibrate a little stronger. Still not as strong as my 9550 did, that thing really shook.

Interesting....is the .353 fix official? My Rogers device has .261 and using the desktop ans handheld update search it says my device is up to date.
    08-30-11 12:37 AM
    you need to download and install the leaked 353. Works much better than the buggy 261. Go to the Leaked OS sub-forum to find out how to do this and to grab the download.
    Last edited by mhw100; 08-30-11 at 01:35 AM.
    08-30-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD