Well my new Bold 9900 is dead, plugged it in to charge, went to bed woke up 6 hours later and a lovely red light keeps on looping.
    Thought I could solve the problem by reloading the software like I've done with older models but no luck it's just stuck in a loop. I tried all the tricks but it just doesn't want to know.
    Strangely enough, same thing happen to my friend's Torch 9860 after only 2 weeks in exactly the same way, plug it in to charge as normal to find it in a loop a few hours later, too much of a coincidence!!
    Going to Vodafone tomorrow hoping for an immediate replacement but I doubt it very much, man this sucks!!
    10-03-11 03:42 PM
    Have you tried to enter safe mode?

when the red light turns on after a battery pull, hold down the back button for 30 seconds.
    10-03-11 03:43 PM
    No luck I'm afraid, I tried that too. The only thing I managed to do was to begin with the OS reload, it starts erasing and loading but when it comes to communicating again with the device it simply restarts the loop once again.
    I've had this loop thing before with other bbs mostly due to software upgrades gone wrong and managed to fix them but in this case it just did everything on its own.
    Thanks for trying anyway
    10-03-11 03:56 PM
    Can you connect it to a computer and try to wipe the OS with BBSAK?
    10-03-11 03:59 PM
    I had a reboot loop as well 2 days ago. I plugged it in and tried to update the software. I had to tried like 4 times before it worked. I think it has something to do with the timing... right when the red light goes off, but before the Blackberry text/load screen comes up.

But if you are able to exchange it, that would be good too.
    10-03-11 04:42 PM
    I had a reboot loop as well 2 days ago. I plugged it in and tried to update the software. I had to tried like 4 times before it worked. I think it has something to do with the timing... right when the red light goes off, but before the Blackberry text/load screen comes up.

But if you are able to exchange it, that would be good too.
    Have to agree with you, as it took me 4 times to connect to DM when I rebooted my phone. It was borked (102 error). It's all about timing...LoL

DM 7 beta didn't help either...
    10-03-11 05:09 PM
    I forgot how many times I tried but nothing and no errors for me, simply a black screen and a red light. Anyway called Vodafone a couple of hours ago and they are sending me a replacement tomorrow at home , lets hope this one doesn't crash again
    Love the new 9900 by the way.
    10-04-11 08:47 AM
    We purchased 24 of these recently. 13 have died with battery problems! Really hope RIM sort this out.
    10-04-11 09:28 AM
    Replace the unit.
    10-04-11 09:30 AM
    Wow sorry to hear the problems you're facing. Hope I don't experience this same problem with my 9900 on vodafone.
    10-04-11 09:46 AM
    I am on phone #5 becuase of this issue. Even the tech guy at bell tried to connect it to DM for me with no luck. I really hope RIM comes up with a fix for this soon!
    10-04-11 09:57 AM
    Well my new Bold 9900 is dead, plugged it in to charge, went to bed woke up 6 hours later and a lovely red light keeps on looping.
    Thought I could solve the problem by reloading the software like I've done with older models but no luck it's just stuck in a loop. I tried all the tricks but it just doesn't want to know.
    Strangely enough, same thing happen to my friend's Torch 9860 after only 2 weeks in exactly the same way, plug it in to charge as normal to find it in a loop a few hours later, too much of a coincidence!!
    Going to Vodafone tomorrow hoping for an immediate replacement but I doubt it very much, man this sucks!!
    Sorry buddy! That sux! At least ur new unit is on da way...

Seems like many units are facing this issue (or a similar one)... It would be of help to others "on da fence" if u guys let us know which country was ur unit(s) made at... Maybe we can prevent others from going thru this...

Paz!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 10:08 AM
    Thanks for all your responses, it confirms to me that as I thought I am not the only one having this problem, I'm in the UK btw.
    10-04-11 11:13 AM
    I have Bold and that happened with me to and now I have to wait one month to get answer whats happening! I am so angry!!!!

p.s. I too tried many way to turn it on, but nothing helped!
    10-04-11 02:35 PM
    I have the same problem.
    I charge the device before sleeping and on the wake up, red led was lighting and black screen... BB is dead.

I try all the procedure I read but no way...

I'm affraid that I have to send my device for repair... between 2 and 4 weeks to keep it back.

No any idea before that ?

Thanks
    Ben
    10-04-11 04:07 PM
    A few days ago i had a problem. My 9930 froze and i simply did a soft reboot (the alt+right shift+del) and after it rebooted my wallpaper was gone, all the icons were tiny, the touch screen didn't work, and i couldn't make it respond. After plugging it in to try and reload the OS DM told me it couldn't communicate with the device, same with AppLoader.

I tried BBSAK but i guess i hadn't loaded the new OS correctly or something but it wouldn't work either. After trying several times AppLoader worked with installing .353 for the 9930.

I'm not sure what error or what on earth made that happen, but it was a heartbreaking time for me. I never thought my 9930 would freak out on me and me not be able to wipe an install. Makes me nervous about it happening again.
    10-04-11 05:46 PM
    For some users I suspect this could be caused by 3rd party apps that are not really OS7 compatible.

I had zero problems with my 9900 for 10 days and then installed Wifi Manager from appworld. After install my Wifi would not work properly and when I rebooted the phone I got a reboot loop. Nothing, including Safe Mode would recover the phone. I was forced to reload the OS using DM.

Prior to the Wifi manager install I had rebooted the phone at least a dozen times without fail.

Hopefully future OS versions will better protect itself from problem apps or whatever else may cause such a problem. This is the first Berry model I've owned that I had this fear when installing apps. For now I'll stick with the basics!
    10-04-11 06:29 PM
    I have the exact same problem and I can't return it because I unlocked it and they won't repair it, because it's "not under warranty" anymore. $600 brick sitting on my desk...fml, would it maybe help to buy a new battery?
    10-04-11 09:40 PM
    For me the problem when I try to use DM or Apploader is that the usb connection is lost when the led light on... every 5 seconds.
    Certainly not the best way to execute a correct install :-(
    10-04-11 11:02 PM
    my bb9900 just died with this prob, long red flashing light. im in Waterloo, Ontario,Canada
    10-09-11 10:16 AM
    The problem is most definitely unsupported or faulty Apps causing problems with the OS. Try wiping the devices with Bbsak before attempting to use AppLoader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 02:40 PM
    I have the exact same problem and I can't return it because I unlocked it and they won't repair it, because it's "not under warranty" anymore. $600 brick sitting on my desk...fml, would it maybe help to buy a new battery?
    Unlocking the device does not void the warranty.
    10-09-11 02:44 PM
    There are lots of faulty JM-1 batteries out there. Make sure that you rule out a battery failure before writing off the entire device.
    10-09-11 02:44 PM
    I had the same problem with my 9930 on Verizon here in the US. Plugged it in like I do every night when I go to bed, and woke up to it looping with a red light every 5 seconds. Called Verizon and they replaced it under warranty. I got a phone call from them this morning asking if I was using the charger I received with the phone, or a different "unsupported" charger. I had been using my Playbook charger to charge my phone, and apparently it is not an approved charger as the current is different and can fry the internals. Needless to say I didn't admit to that!!
    10-10-11 11:27 AM
    Wow!~!~!! 13 of 24devices failed??

That's brutal!

I'm unable to salvage my units' death .

What's the Rogers course of events? Do you get a new replacement or a refurb?
    01-14-12 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD