Hi all,

Tomorrow I should be getting my 9900, which will be my first BlackBerry.

I've got some questions...

When I'm away from my wifi connection, will the phone actively try to connect to other outside connections or can I choose for it not to? On my iPhone 3GS I do not have to turn wifi on or off, it just connects automatically to my own and does not seek other connections when I am out, which is how I want it. Does BlackBerry do this, or do I have to turn wifi on and off manually?

Which audio and video file types does the 9900 support?

There are some apps I have seen other users with, I was wondering what they are called:

-Shows battery usage for each program on the phone, talktime, idle time, etc.

-Discharge rate per hour, I'm not sure if the above app does this?

-App showing battery level remaining as a figure.

-App to take screenshots.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Blade Runner IV; 08-30-11 at 06:12 PM.
    08-30-11 05:58 PM
    You can use an app called Cell Network or WiFi.

Audio and Video types supported are...

Audio Playback

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
    Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), AIFF, WAV, MP4, M4A, 3GP, AVI, ASF, WMA, FLAC, OGG, AMR, WAV, MID, QCP
    TV + Video

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second.
    Camera + Photos + Video

You can use BerryMeter or 6 tools (both available from app world) They both show a small battery notifier on the home screen.

6 tools also takes screen captures, as well as CaptureIT (Capture is free in app world (Free version).

Welcome to the RIMpire..

Cheers,
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-30-11 at 06:23 PM.
    Blade Runner IV likes this.
    08-30-11 06:12 PM
    Or you can use BlackBattery, it's a Free App that shows what you're looking for but it is Not in App World. I found it here on the forums.
    Blade Runner IV likes this.
    08-30-11 06:57 PM
    I can't find BerryMeter in the AppWorld?
    08-31-11 06:56 PM
    08-31-11 06:57 PM
    if u want a good battery meter on homscreen, but Six tools, it ahs loads of useful features and updated as well! PM me for details on meterberry.
    08-31-11 07:11 PM
    Hi all,

Tomorrow I should be getting my 9900, which will be my first BlackBerry.

I've got some questions...

When I'm away from my wifi connection, will the phone actively try to connect to other outside connections or can I choose for it not to? On my iPhone 3GS I do not have to turn wifi on or off, it just connects automatically to my own and does not seek other connections when I am out, which is how I want it. Does BlackBerry do this, or do I have to turn wifi on and off manually?

Thanks.
    You can toggle it to do either....to scan or to not scan, for WiFi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD