This is pretty much my first blackberry(Had the storm, but that phone sucked) and so far i find it pretty much amazing! My previous phone was the Droid 2 and while it was a nice phone, I find the BB9930 much more enjoyable. I am really enjoying the UI and the keyboard is AMAZING, much better than the droid 2's keyboard. The lack of apps does not even bother me as I have an iPod Touch for all my media/games. As im still new and learning things about Blackberry, I do have a couple questions:

1.Is there a way to clear the notifications bar without having to check each notification one at a time? Like how android does.

2.Can I customize the notifications that the "messages" app gets? I dont need to be reminded that I missed a phone call in multiple places and what not.

I think RIM has got me as a customer, but I have to say I feel like us Verizon owners got the shaft with lack of 4G, while ATT & Tmobile are getting it? Needless to say im very pleased with this phone!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-26-11 11:54 PM
    Awesome.. and btw, welcome to CrackBerry

1) All notifications, no.. email notifications -- yes. Just go into email and mark all as read via the menu. It's not ideal in that respect being there is no "clear all" function.

2) If it's just missed calls you are concerned about, then yes -- you can disable missed calls showing in your messages.

Press the send key, go to options>call logs and lists> Show these call types in messages list> Set it to none and save.

Other apps you may or may not be able to control, it depends on the app itself and its settings that are made available to the user. Though, most devs are mindful to include the option of un integrating the messages list access.

(Also, I'd just like to say your post was very refreshing to read -- you bought a device based on your needs, somewhat knowing what to expect and having secondary options to fill voids the BB can't offer.. that's awesome and of course -- very smart these days)
    lewisc1979 likes this.
    08-27-11 12:11 AM
    AT&T and T-Mobile are on HSPA+ which is what most people are calling 3.5G. Verizon runs LTE which is the closest you're going to get to "4G". AT&T has tested "4G" in their R&D labs but that's about it. You don't want an LTE device right now because battery life is horrid. RIM will probably come out with an LTE BB by next Summer I'm guessing maybe sooner. You really don't want an LTE device right now.

....and T-Mobile's claim of the 9900 as the first 4G BB is just marketing BS. All cell phone providers shovel the sh** but T-Mobile takes it to a new level.
    08-27-11 12:23 AM
    I am glad you enjoy your device! I have owned an iPhone 3GS and to be honest, I never really played games or used the apps like I planned.

For me, when I am out doing something, I obviously have something planned and don't have time to sit around to use the apps or play games on it. I can do that when I am at home. I also have an iPod touch for the apps as well.

Anyways, I can't wait to pick my Bold up. Enjoy your phone!
    08-27-11 12:37 AM
    AT&T and T-Mobile are on HSPA+ which is what most people are calling 3.5G. Verizon runs LTE which is the closest you're going to get to "4G". AT&T has tested "4G" in their R&D labs but that's about it. You don't want an LTE device right now because battery life is horrid. RIM will probably come out with an LTE BB by next Summer I'm guessing maybe sooner. You really don't want an LTE device right now.

....and T-Mobile's claim of the 9900 as the first 4G BB is just marketing BS. All cell phone providers shovel the sh** but T-Mobile takes it to a new level.
    Newsroom • Press Release

HSPA+ is recognized as 4G. No need to shovel anything.
    08-27-11 12:54 AM
    Newsroom • Press Release

HSPA+ is recognized as 4G. No need to shovel anything.
    Put any HSPA+ side by side my friend's Thunderbolt and run a speedtest. HSPA+ can be recognized as 4G but can't hold a candle to LTE.

T-Mobile, your HSPA+ network is not 4G

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Experts consider LTE to be the highest quality network in the United States now and for the foreseeable future. Networks test have shown HSPA+ and WiMax perform significantly worse than LTE and AT&T and Sprint have both made plans to integrate this technology into their network int he future.

I could keep going but bleh...not worth it I'm going to bed..lol
    08-27-11 01:18 AM
    Put any HSPA+ side by side my friend's Thunderbolt and run a speedtest. HSPA+ can be recognized as 4G but can't hold a candle to LTE.

T-Mobile, your HSPA+ network is not 4G

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Experts consider LTE to be the highest quality network in the United States now and for the foreseeable future. Networks test have shown HSPA+ and WiMax perform significantly worse than LTE and AT&T and Sprint have both made plans to integrate this technology into their network int he future.

I could keep going but bleh...not worth it I'm going to bed..lol
    Who the **** cares? The "future" LTE plans mean jack right now... frankly all that matters to me is 4G/3.5G/H+/whatever one chooses to call it is faster than 3G.
    08-27-11 01:43 AM
    Who cares about LTE... the 9930 is only 3g, and 9900 HSPA+ yes it's not 4g but definitely faster than verizons network...of course where located. T-mobile rocks in los angeles, their "4g" is awesome.
    08-27-11 03:20 AM
    "If it's just missed calls you are concerned about, then yes -- you can disable missed calls showing in your messages.

Press the send key, go to options>call logs and lists> Show these call types in messages list> Set it to none and save.
    "

If you do that you can still access all your call logs in messages folder, while you're in Messages you can press alt+I for everything incoming and alt+O for everything outgoing, emails sms calls, everything will show in a chronological order.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD