Hey there guys,

I've finally decided to give BB a go after owning a iPhone3G for 2 years. I actually own a playbook so I'm pretty eager to try all the bridge functions.

I'm getting a 9900, so any tips of what to do or not do with it?
    Apart from updating the OS?

Thanks in advance!
    02-22-12 02:16 PM
    Don't spill water on it like I did today. Knocked over a glass on some textbook and my 9900.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with it.
    02-22-12 02:20 PM
    Congrats on your 9900. you will sure like it no doubt about it.
    what i do is using my 9900+bridged with my playbook connected with my LCD-flatscreen.
    i'm now laying on the counch like a boss using my 9900 lmao.
    that's what you should do too.
    02-22-12 02:24 PM
    Im new to black blackberry, i own a bold 9780. I one issue. What is a blackberry id? And why am i being asked for a password? I cannot remember doing one. I have a password on the device. is that the same?
    02-22-12 02:26 PM
    Surf around the 99xx threads and inform yourself. We're all here to help each other.

1. Don't be afraid to charge.
    2. Just use your device to all it's capable possibilities.
    02-22-12 02:28 PM
    Im new to black blackberry, i own a bold 9780. I one issue. What is a blackberry id? And why am i being asked for a password? I cannot remember doing one. I have a password on the device. is that the same?
    Have you ever purchased anything on Blackberry App World? It will be the same username (email address) and password. This is a new requirement I noticed when I upgraded from my 9550 to 9930.

BlackBerry ID
    02-22-12 02:31 PM
    Hiya Morg,

Congrats on the 9900!
    02-22-12 02:37 PM
    Hi pjstv,

This web page may help you out with your BlackBerry ID:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID
    02-22-12 02:39 PM
    Hey there guys,

I've finally decided to give BB a go after owning a iPhone3G for 2 years. I actually own a playbook so I'm pretty eager to try all the bridge functions.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm a lot like you...I just got my Bold yesterday, moved from an iPhone and I already owned a PlayBook.

I did a lot of customizing (LED lights with BeBuzz), and imported contacts individually (I wanted to heavily prune this from iPhone which had all contacts brought in from Facebook).

Downloaded a bunch of apps and I deleted any bloatware/ sla.pdf and warranty.pdf files from docs to go.

Just bought a memory card off bestbuy.com (32GB Sandisk micro SDHC mobile ultra Class 6).

Bought an Otterbox Commuter Case (awesome btw).

Installed wifi networks, played a little with bridge, customized some of the panes (favorites, etc.)

Sucks that this week and next week is finals week, this and OS 2.0 are really cutting into my work.
    02-22-12 03:11 PM
    Hey there guys,

Thanks in advance!
    Update to one of the latest leaked OS 7.1 builds to get the most out of the 9900.
    02-22-12 03:19 PM
    Update to one of the latest leaked OS 7.1 builds to get the most out of the 9900.
    Can I do this from my iMac as well or do I need a Windows PC?
    02-22-12 03:26 PM
    Can I do this from my iMac as well or do I need a Windows PC?
    I believe that you need a Windows PC to install a leaked OS but stand to be corrected if I am mistaken.
    02-22-12 03:29 PM
    First tip I give any new BB owner is to turn off Universal Search and enable Application Shortcuts. It gives you one click access to many stock apps like messages (m) and calendar (l). If you still need to use universal search, guess what - there's a shortcut for that (s).

You can find this in options - Display - Home Screen Preferences - Launch by typing

Get to know the shortcuts. Every BB stock app has a ton. In messaging for example, you can hit F to forward, R reply, L reply all, I file, etc. You will wonder how you ever did without.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 02-22-12 at 04:00 PM.
    02-22-12 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD