I just bought a 9900...transitioning away from the iPhone4....and yes, many will call me insane. Admittedly, I have spent a significant amount of time with an iPhone, and have been lulled into the infamous APP Store inventory...only to find that the concept of an APP Store is only relevant to those with a significant inventory of time to waste. When you strip down all of the marketing noise and non-sense...you are left with a need to SMS/TXT, EMAIL, BROWSE, Sched/view Appointments/Calendars and Manage Tasks....everything else is window dressing....it is truly the equivalent of putting candy-bars in the express lane at the grocery store...you don't need one, but every sense in your body convinces you that you do....otherwise, you will miss out on something good....hence, Apple, Android marketing focuses on what you will lose out on if you don't join their ranks.....however, its time for RIM/BB to re-ignite a sense of belonging a responsibility associated to owning a smartphone....BB's simply cannot be beat for their ease/simplicity and overall usability....enough with comparing make/models and availability of products....everyone has gone insance with the need to buy the latest/best...but little time is spent looking at what is needed....stay strong my friends....BB will hold its own, grow, and diversify...never discount Canadian perseverance....!!!!
    dadymon likes this.
    08-22-11 01:20 PM
    1. Welcome to the forums!

2. If you're referring to the insanity of being able to stand an iPhone, then yes we may call you that.

3. We hope you have a pleasant BlackBerry experience!

4. Please read 1 through 3.
    08-22-11 02:21 PM
    I am in the same boat. I just purchased the 9930 from sprint. I was using a 9700 bold and iphone 4. I am in the process of transitioning to just a blackberry. I agree with your sentiments about the apps and such. That is the exact reason i'm moving away from the iphone.
    08-22-11 03:02 PM
    I'm in the same position actually. I have an i4 currently but for some reason I am being wooed by the idea of purchasing my first bb with the 9900. Now everyone says BB has no apps, but to be honest I probably have 25ish on my phone and the one I use the most is flixster/rotten tomatoes lol. In reality, for me at least, apps aren't a deal breaker.

I'm debating to get the BB or at the very least wait for ios5 and all its hype...hmmm decisions decisions.
    08-22-11 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD