If you suspect it is defective and not due to OS or app implementations, go into a Rogers store, purchase a battery, walk outside, stick the current one in the box, go back in the store, return it. Or return it the next day.
    Defective or not, read the first 5 posts of this thread where all posters says "zomg got my free battery coming in 2 days hassle free" I called to verify whether this was true or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 09:19 PM
    Defective or not, read the first 5 posts of this thread where all posters says "zomg got my free battery coming in 2 days hassle free" I called to verify whether this was true or not.

They got lucky and were connected to incompetent reps? I think we've all had our fair share of those.

10-03-11 09:30 PM
    I have to side with realism on this one.. I have not called Rogers to ask them about a new battery, but from the sounds of it nobody is going to get a new one... (If you did, then congratulations; as previously stated you probably got a rep who was either on their last day or just feeling VERY generous.)

In any case, I'm going to first try to reduce the intervals for updates on my BB.... I don't use Twitter or RSS feeds, which means I'll be removing those apps, and I don't need to know RIGHT AWAY if someone is commenting on my photo on facebook

I'm overall VERY happy with my 9900 after switching up from a Torch 9800... The battery life thing, though a little inconvenient isn't making me stomp my feet like a kid.
    10-03-11 10:05 PM
    I have to side with realism on this one.. I have not called Rogers to ask them about a new battery, but from the sounds of it nobody is going to get a new one... (If you did, then congratulations; as previously stated you probably got a rep who was either on their last day or just feeling VERY generous.)

In any case, I'm going to first try to reduce the intervals for updates on my BB.... I don't use Twitter or RSS feeds, which means I'll be removing those apps, and I don't need to know RIGHT AWAY if someone is commenting on my photo on facebook

I'm overall VERY happy with my 9900 after switching up from a Torch 9800... The battery life thing, though a little inconvenient isn't making me stomp my feet like a kid.
    WHOA fragment, I NEED to know when people comment on my pictures the instant they do it so I can reply. It's social networking...duh.

Haha kidding. But for Facebook you can disable push notifications but if you don't get many, it doesn't make much of a difference, it's the news feed updates that should take a lot more data and juice. I logged into Twitter and forgot to set the interval and realized it after a couple of days and found out part of the battery drain.
    10-03-11 10:26 PM
    I just received my battery today. In all honesty I had called rogers after 1 week of using my 9900 and they told me to any authorised rogers dealer and they would do a swap (which was not true). I waited another 2 weeks and came across this thread and called the blackberry technical support division of Rogers after sometime on hold the representative did find a memo or note or release or whatever claiming that some 9900 batteries are defective however he did not ask me for a serial number of the battery but did ask me for my IMEI. After a little wait he said it would be shipped in 2 business days and gave me a case number. Eventhough I did get a new battery I wouldn't be surprised at all to believe that some Rogers representatives are not "trying" to help you out. I have no firm answers on "how" to get a new battery but I could just be your luck with whatever representative you get.

Defective Battery:
    Lot Code DC110603

Last edited by 091207; 10-04-11 at 04:58 PM.
    10-04-11 04:47 PM
    I'm happy to report that I've been using the battery from a full charge surfing the internet, txting and bbming for about 15 minutes now and my battery is still at 100%. If I had done this with my other battery I would probably be at 75-85% already.

Anyway I just want to say Thank You Based God for making all of this possible. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-04-11 07:22 PM
    i just got my new battery in the mail....its in my phone now, but i am letting it die before i charge it up...will post with results (increased battery performance/decreased performance).

on a side note, the battery did not come with a return to envelope, so i did actually get a free battery for my 9900...got two now..so not bad i guess...

stay tuned.
    10-05-11 10:30 AM
    i just got my new battery in the mail....its in my phone now, but i am letting it die before i charge it up...will post with results (increased battery performance/decreased performance).

on a side note, the battery did not come with a return to envelope, so i did actually get a free battery for my 9900...got two now..so not bad i guess...

stay tuned.
    Avoid Frequent Discharges to Extend Your Phone or Laptop's Battery Life
    10-05-11 01:21 PM
    Just posting my findings after a day. Unfortunately the new battery still sucks. I took it out of the wall charger at 7:30am and it is now 12:45pm and my battery is at 55% with moderate-medium usage. I'm hoping that RIM fixes this somehow. Possibly its the current firmware version but all in all I am very dissapointed. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-05-11 02:45 PM
    I called Rogers they asked me every possible question and then told me "to reinstall the OS and wait 24-48 hours with no data and see the battery..." How am I suppose to use my phone for 2 days without any contacts, BBM, texting, email, apps? Useless rogers tech support!

10-05-11 03:28 PM
    UPDATE::::

Apparently the battery was only to be sent out to a few individuals stuck in a boot cycle with a X through their battery, its the same battery and does nothing for your consumption. Several agents made errors when sending it to people who just complained about poor battery life.

Jake2826 likes this.
    10-05-11 04:02 PM
    I got the battery on the mail today, it has no return envelope.

10-05-11 05:24 PM
    Just posting my findings after a day. Unfortunately the new battery still sucks. I took it out of the wall charger at 7:30am and it is now 12:45pm and my battery is at 55% with moderate-medium usage.
    That's because there was nothing wrong with your battery.

Look at your CPU usage of the phone... is anything pegged at or close to 100% constantly? If so, you have a software issue that will be solved with a wipe and manual configuring (i.e. no device switch).
    10-05-11 05:29 PM
    Called 611
    Lady asked how long it lasts, i said 6 hours, she said let me pull memo up, and said OK sir you'll have a new battery sent and you'll receive it in 2-4 days.

Thanks OP
    10-05-11 07:23 PM
    I think what all you lads need to try is an OS update, I've been hearing .353 has been kicking *** with the battery life!

10-05-11 08:16 PM
    On top of these battery exchanges, if there really was "issues" a recall would have been issued to the respective battery owners. Or they would have been contacted by their carrier or RIM to have the battery replaced.

10-05-11 08:18 PM
    I ordered the battery bundle at the crackberry store so I'll find out if the new battery does change things for me. I'm getting 4-6 hours. The weird part is, if I turn my phone off, the battery still drains to empty by the time I wake up. Now that's really messed up.

And I did all the recommendations: I'm on 353, low screen brightness, wifi only when I'm at home, bt off, only use mail with very little browser and phone. I've avoided any other apps because of this "battery" problem.
    Last edited by lg777; 10-05-11 at 11:05 PM.
    10-05-11 11:03 PM
    I ordered the battery bundle at the crackberry store so I'll find out if the new battery does change things for me. I'm getting 4-6 hours. The weird part is, if I turn my phone off, the battery still drains to empty by the time I wake up. Now that's really messed up.

And I did all the recommendations: I'm on 353, low screen brightness, wifi only when I'm at home, bt off, only use mail with very little browser and phone. I've avoided any other apps because of this "battery" problem.
    That's VERY poor battery life, even for this phone. I can at least get 10 hours or so on moderate usage. I'd really question the health of the battery if you have no third party apps running...
    10-05-11 11:33 PM
    well i gave it a try too...battery life is worse then my 9000. called 1888-rogers1. talked to an indian guy. he said the only defective ones are when the phone doesnt even boot up. he suggested reloading my OS. no new battery. can someone who got a new one which had a working phone contact rogers and ask for the memo reference number that says they can give batteries even if it works?
    10-06-11 06:47 PM
    also where do i get the 353 OS? is it a leak? i have 7.0.0.261 and i check for updates and it tells me im up to date
    10-06-11 06:49 PM
    im just going to do what one of the guys said above. go into rogers, buy an oem battery put it in my phone, put old one in packaging and return it. ethical? no. also not fair that they arent replacing my battery which lasts 5 hours with low to moderate use.
    10-06-11 07:04 PM
    UPDATE::::

Apparently the battery was only to be sent out to a few individuals stuck in a boot cycle with a X through their battery, its the same battery and does nothing for your consumption. Several agents made errors when sending it to people who just complained about poor battery life.

+1
    I've seen the memo. It has nothing to do with poor battery life.

The memo refers specifically to a faulty batch of batteries affecting a small number of devices sold from launch till mid-september. If you have the faulty battery it will not charge, you will see a red X in the battery icon.

There is NO memo regarding batteries with crappy life.
    Last edited by Fnord; 07-26-13 at 11:39 PM.
    10-06-11 08:37 PM
    If you suspect it is defective and not due to OS or app implementations, go into a Rogers store, purchase a battery, walk outside, stick the current one in the box, go back in the store, return it. Or return it the next day.
    Your solution made me laugh because thats something I would do!!
    gordonzhao likes this.
    10-06-11 10:10 PM
    Sticking it to the man, though I've never actually done that, I would probably feel a bit like an a-hole doing so. I wouldn't feel bad for the company because they wouldn't cooperate, more of I feel bad for the next person to buy the battery, if in fact it is defective. If not then no harm no foul.
    10-07-11 12:07 AM
    I did it today worked fine. Bought it at one mall drove to another and returned the old battery.
    up488 likes this.
    10-07-11 06:05 PM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD