What's the Roger's tel #???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 12:27 PM
    What's the Roger's tel #???

1888Rogers1

talk to technical support.
    10-02-11 12:32 PM
    Called rogers he said this is only for recent bold 9900s that's won't boot up and show a cycling symbol, the guy was an *****.

10-02-11 05:49 PM
    Called rogers again, said I have a 6 hour battery life - made me reinstall my os which I didn't do, called them back they said bring it in a store for repairs. Told em my friend got a battery replacement they said they don't do that, I said ok and she said thanks for calling rogers.

No new battery?

10-02-11 06:04 PM
    There is no consistency!!!!!!! I called and got 'no'. I insisted. They offered to replace my whole blackberry! LOL. I got a case number and all. I was asked to go to a rogers store and get a new handset. I told them all I want is a battery as my handset ois otherwise ok. LOL

10-02-11 07:25 PM
    who are you guys talking to...like which department? i spoke with blackberry technical support and honestly the lady was so helpful amd easy going that i felt like she was going to get in her own car and drive it to my door...i dont understand why you folks are having such a hard time
    10-02-11 08:04 PM
    Same thing here, they told me to bring my device to a store and send it in for repairs or replace it for a refurbished device I even offered to buy this battery at which point the girl told me to go to the store and buy it.

QUOTE=silverbullet;6726613]There is no consistency!!!!!!! I called and got 'no'. I insisted. They offered to replace my whole blackberry! LOL. I got a case number and all. I was asked to go to a rogers store and get a new handset. I told them all I want is a battery as my handset ois otherwise ok. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

10-02-11 08:06 PM
    I refuse to accept what the OP was told. It's a crock and for those who've simply wasted their time chasing down a replacement battery, I'd put money on the replacement battery giving their BB no more or less battery life than the original, albeit I'll also bet there will be those who claim a huge improvement - after all, this is the internet, where bullsh!t flies all over the web.
    joesworld likes this.
    10-02-11 08:13 PM
    I called tech support 1888rogers1 and got a guy and explained to him I'm having battery issues, he asked a ton of questions I.e how long it lasts, if I get any errors during booting. I said no errors just a lousy battery life, he told me to do a software install and call back, I pretended I did it and called back. He then asked how long I waited to restore my previous back up I said I didn't restore. He then said ok and gave me two options 1 to go to rogers and replace the device under warranty with a refurbished on or 2 go to rogers and send my whole device in for repairs. I then asled him about replacing defective batteries and he said "only some 9900s will receive a battery because they have start up issues when their phone is booting up sometimes the hourglass appears" This guy was hard to understand as he had a thick accent so I told him I wanted a different rep at which point he got mad and told me to call back. So I call back and get a female tech support agent this time. I explain to her that my phone is fine but has bad battery life, she says the same thing like the other guy send for repairs or replace with refurbished. At which point I make up that I talked to RIM and they mentioned battery replacements for early model 9900's she then said hold on, put me on hold came back and said they don't send out batteries and she can't see any notes or anything about any battery issue. I then told her I know they're sending out replacements for defective batteries and she put me on hold again and came back and said no1 we are 100 percent not giving out replacement batteries and told me my options again, I offered to buy this new battery and she told me to go to the store.

If you are successful with rogers please tell us ure battery model I know is Jm1 but serial number on the sticker, and tell us what you get from them.

who are you guys talking to...like which department? i spoke with blackberry technical support and honestly the lady was so helpful amd easy going that i felt like she was going to get in her own car and drive it to my door...i dont understand why you folks are having such a hard time
    10-02-11 08:16 PM
    Weird, I called in on sat afternoon, and said I'm barley getting a day on my 9900 and was wondering if that's normal, for light usage.. Answered a few easy questions, he put me on hold and then came back and said he'll ship a battery in 2-3 days. He said he doesn't "think" that I have to send the old one back. Only if it comes with a prepaid envelope

10-02-11 08:29 PM
    Weird, I called in on sat afternoon, and said I'm barley getting a day on my 9900 and was wondering if that's normal, for light usage.. Answered a few easy questions, he put me on hold and then came back and said he'll ship a battery in 2-3 days. He said he doesn't "think" that I have to send the old one back. Only if it comes with a prepaid envelope

Strange, I called again tonight and was left with a "we do not ship out replacement batteries for the 9900. There is no memo stating we should".

As other posters have said, I doubt we will see any difference from a new battery that Rogers ships out. But hopefully people will report their findings after they have received and used them for a bit.
    10-02-11 11:06 PM
    BUT battery numbers people please i have Rogers and live in mexico so if i'm doing something i gotta be sure!
    10-03-11 02:00 AM
    If you are getting a free battery please post what you said, when you got ure phone and any other information they told you.

10-03-11 09:45 AM
    This thread make no sense at all. People having inconsistent answers from Rogers? No, this couldn't be.......
    10-03-11 11:28 AM
    Also please post if there are any _significant_ improvements to your battery life!!

Thanks
    10-03-11 12:09 PM
    I wonder if Telus would be so nice?
    10-03-11 01:58 PM
    This would be amazing to find out... I get barely 8 hours of moderate use from my battery.. Just browsing CB forums, I've gone from 75% down to 65% in less than an hour...

Ill check out if rogers will send me a replacement.

10-03-11 02:05 PM
    what if i bought a rogers 9900 but am using it on a different carrier? (koodo)
    10-03-11 02:08 PM
    The girld who attended me told me to go to a store :S lol any idea?
    10-03-11 02:32 PM
    I called tech support 1888rogers1 and got a guy and explained to him I'm having battery issues, he asked a ton of questions I.e how long it lasts, if I get any errors during booting. I said no errors just a lousy battery life, he told me to do a software install and call back, I pretended I did it and called back. He then asked how long I waited to restore my previous back up I said I didn't restore. He then said ok and gave me two options 1 to go to rogers and replace the device under warranty with a refurbished on or 2 go to rogers and send my whole device in for repairs. I then asled him about replacing defective batteries and he said "only some 9900s will receive a battery because they have start up issues when their phone is booting up sometimes the hourglass appears" This guy was hard to understand as he had a thick accent so I told him I wanted a different rep at which point he got mad and told me to call back. So I call back and get a female tech support agent this time. I explain to her that my phone is fine but has bad battery life, she says the same thing like the other guy send for repairs or replace with refurbished. At which point I make up that I talked to RIM and they mentioned battery replacements for early model 9900's she then said hold on, put me on hold came back and said they don't send out batteries and she can't see any notes or anything about any battery issue. I then told her I know they're sending out replacements for defective batteries and she put me on hold again and came back and said no1 we are 100 percent not giving out replacement batteries and told me my options again, I offered to buy this new battery and she told me to go to the store.
    Wow, so many LIES just to get a battery replacement which will not solve your problem. No one has any proof that batteries are coming defective!
    Last edited by joesworld; 10-03-11 at 07:14 PM.
    10-03-11 07:11 PM
    1 - your not getting a free battery (you have to send your other one back)
    2 - its meant for defective batteries that will not turn on (LED keeps flashing with the no battery sign keeps flashing)
    3 - if you call in and someone speaks to you like you dont know what your talking about... it's because you read the internet and called in expecting it to be true.
    4 - everyone who swaps out the battery should bookmark this page and comment later how replacing the battery did sfa lol
    gordonzhao and Jake2826 like this.
    10-03-11 07:44 PM
    1 - your not getting a free battery (you have to send your other one back)
    2 - its meant for defective batteries that will not turn on (LED keeps flashing with the no battery sign keeps flashing)
    3 - if you call in and someone speaks to you like you dont know what your talking about... it's because you read the internet and called in expecting it to be true.
    4 - everyone who swaps out the battery should bookmark this page and comment later how replacing the battery did sfa lol
    Completely agree. And is this only happening to Canadian 9900 owners?

No one stateside is calling into T-Mobile about it? I'm going to jump on board! Kidding.

But maybe if you lads tried adjusting the update interval for things to be longer it wouldn't drain your battery as much. Facebook, set to never or 2 hours. Twitter (by default it's every 30 minutes!)
    10-03-11 08:51 PM
    Completely agree. And is this only happening to Canadian 9900 owners?

No one stateside is calling into T-Mobile about it? I'm going to jump on board! Kidding.

But maybe if you lads tried adjusting the update interval for things to be longer it wouldn't drain your battery as much. Facebook, set to never or 2 hours. Twitter (by default it's every 30 minutes!)
    I didn't call expecting a free battery, after reading the original posters thread where he indicated that he called and said he has aweful battery life someone at rogers told him they will replace his battery. Having an awful battery life my self I called in to see if there was a replacement battery and If it would be a different model number than mine. Rogers denied anything regarding any battery even when I offered to purchase it.

10-03-11 08:54 PM
    I didn't call expecting a free battery, after reading the original posters thread where he indicated that he called and said he has aweful battery life someone at rogers told him they will replace his battery. Having an awful battery life my self I called in to see if there was a replacement battery and If it would be a different model number than mine. Rogers denied anything regarding any battery even when I offered to purchase it.

If you suspect it is defective and not due to OS or app implementations, go into a Rogers store, purchase a battery, walk outside, stick the current one in the box, go back in the store, return it. Or return it the next day.
    up488 likes this.
    10-03-11 09:10 PM
    If you suspect it is defective and not due to OS or app implementations, go into a Rogers store, purchase a battery, walk outside, stick the current one in the box, go back in the store, return it. Or return it the next day.
    Dont think that sounds very ethical... warrantys are there for a reason.
    10-03-11 09:16 PM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD