So like everyone else, my 9900 has awful battery life.

Through all the searching all I could find was complaints but not owning up from RIM or Rogers.

I gave it a shot called Rogers and they said yes, the first batch was faulty and were sending me a new one for free within 2 days.

just a heads up for everyone on Rogers.

09-29-11 01:37 PM
    thanks for the info.

what did you tell them?
    09-29-11 03:46 PM
    Just said the battery life was awful, and after reading forums all day that it doesn't seem to just be me.

She said she had an email on it, then asked my battery model # and said it was faulty and will send a new one out in 2 days.

I called the BB tech support section of Rogers.
    09-29-11 04:57 PM
    Would you happen to know the battery # model still?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 09:43 PM
    I would be interested to know that # as well. Haven't been crazy impressed with my Battery, even swapped in the first 9900 I had - my current one is better but not great.
    09-29-11 10:19 PM
    can you post the number please? thanks
    09-29-11 11:22 PM
    You realize that Rogers is doing that just to to get you off their case right? The odds of a Rogers employee knowing when anything is defective is not very good unfortunately.

Hope it works for you though, but if not... check to make sure social feeds isn't using a very high CPU % all the time... that was my battery problem. A wipe and manual config and app install worked for me.
    09-30-11 10:49 AM
    This can be confirmed. I just got off the phone with Rogers Tech and they are also sending me a new battery within 2 business days at no charge. They said that there was a memo/release about 2 Blackberry models with a defective batch of batteries. However I did not have to give any information other than my IMEI. I am hoping the new battery actually works!!!!!!

09-30-11 11:46 AM
    Another confirmation that I got a replacement battery from Rogers. They are sending it in 2 days. Does anyone know if I need to send back the old one or keep it?
    09-30-11 03:37 PM
    Another confirmation that I got a replacement battery from Rogers. They are sending it in 2 days. Does anyone know if I need to send back the old one or keep it?
    Yes. the new battery will come with a prepaid parcel bag for you to ship your current battery back to them.
    10-01-11 02:45 PM
    Anyone know lot #s or where the batteries were made that you've sent back??

10-01-11 05:00 PM
    Yes. the new battery will come with a prepaid parcel bag for you to ship your current battery back to them.
    is this first hand experience? or just from previous dealings with rogers? the reason i ask, is because i just got off the phone with rogers, and they are sending me a new battery (in 1-2 business days) and when i asked Lisa from Blackberry Technical Support with Rogers, she said that they have nothing written down stating that the default battery that came with the device needs to be returned. she said that the only way ill have to send it back to rogers is via, the white prepaid packaging that *COULD* comes with the new battery.

Just curious, and thanks
    10-01-11 05:19 PM
    Yes I posted this in another thread too. Rogers employees got a memo stating that the battery marked as "JM1" was defective and they will replace them. They said there is two phones affected. They said with new battery it should be comparable to that of the 9700.
    10-01-11 05:31 PM
    What about Bell Mobility any ideas? I don't want to lose out!!!
    Thanks
    10-01-11 06:25 PM
    I gave Rogers a couple calls today. The first time I had zero luck. The second time was a bit more promising but at the end of the day they said there was no memo put up. They had a memo put up for the 9000/9700/9780 battery, but none for the JM-1 for the 9900.

I'm gonna call them again later and try again. Persistence pays off
    10-01-11 07:03 PM
    just curiosu for those who did the switch, how much better has your battery life been?
    10-01-11 08:37 PM
    They're all JM-1 aren't they?
    10-02-11 12:01 AM
    Just got off the phone with Bell. I got my replacement battery as well. They gave me a ticket # and I have to go into a corporate store to do the switch. Hopefully this batch of batteries is better for me.

10-02-11 09:04 AM
    I wonder if other carriers have the same battery issue? Mine is good so far but not as good as day one !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-02-11 09:58 AM
    Um, JM1 is the only model number of battery that fits the 9900... they can't just say that "JM1 is defective". They will be giving you a JM1 as a swap so it doesn't make sense. As I said before... they're just trying to get you out of their hair.
    10-02-11 10:04 AM
    I just called in, confirmed

Mine is on the way 2-3 days as well

NO hassles at all
    10-02-11 10:46 AM
    Just got off the phone with Bell. I got my replacement battery as well. They gave me a ticket # and I have to go into a corporate store to do the switch. Hopefully this batch of batteries is better for me.

Did you call the Bell 1800 number?? They told me a replacement battery for the Bold 9900 battery was not true. I'm located near Toronto.
    10-02-11 11:55 AM
    Did you call the Bell 1800 number?? They told me a replacement battery for the Bold 9900 battery was not true. I'm located near Toronto.
    Called 310-BELL. They asked me some questions about how long my battery last during a normal day. Then he said no problem and gave me a ticket number for my replacement. No hassles whatsoever.

Like I said, have to pick it up in a corporate store and return my old one.

10-02-11 12:02 PM
    310 Bell - The ontario number? I will try them on Monday . How long is your battery life??
    Thanks for info
    Last edited by George__; 10-02-11 at 12:06 PM.
    10-02-11 12:04 PM
    is this first hand experience? or just from previous dealings with rogers? the reason i ask, is because i just got off the phone with rogers, and they are sending me a new battery (in 1-2 business days) and when i asked Lisa from Blackberry Technical Support with Rogers, she said that they have nothing written down stating that the default battery that came with the device needs to be returned. she said that the only way ill have to send it back to rogers is via, the white prepaid packaging that *COULD* comes with the new battery.

Just curious, and thanks
    It was what i was told...and from previous experience dealing with rogers hardware.
    10-02-11 12:15 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD