Just got a new 9930 tonight and I have no internet or email. When I try to add an email account it only shows enterprise activation and when I try to use the browser it says that browsing over my current plan is not included. (even though I have verified my data plan is still in effect). I believe this to be a service book issue, however when I go to the Verizon BIS site it says this device is not registered with my wireless service provider.

I spent an hour on the phone with technical support tonight and they scheduled a call back tomorrow at 1:30, just wanted to see if any of you had an idea.

Thanks
    Last edited by xjustmex21; 09-03-11 at 05:42 PM.
    09-02-11 11:58 PM
    Text messages work ok? How about BBM? Have you tried sending your service books?
    09-03-11 12:35 AM
    Sounds like your device is not properly activated on the Verizon BIS.

Make sure that the correct MEID/IMEI and PIN have been entered into the BIS.
    09-03-11 07:58 AM
    Dang dude thats ridiculous. I'd definitely get on the phone with Verizon and troubleshoot that issue and since you just bought it and the off chance troubleshooting doesn't work, have them send you a new Bold.
    09-03-11 09:03 AM
    Have you logged in with your BB I'd? You won't be able to get email without doing that. Also bis automatically activates as soon as Verizon does their part. It took my device around 15 minutes to receive the info after activation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 09:09 AM
    Are you able to make calls?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 09:35 AM
    *228 should activate it properly for you. or just call verizon....
    09-03-11 09:59 AM
    It's active, I can make calls and receive texts. I did call Verizon, 30 minutes with the tier 1 tech and an hour with the tier 2 tech. Tier 3 is supposed to call me back at 1:30 today.

Funny thing was when the tier 1 tech tried to log in using my PIN and meid to BIS (I assume) he stated that it wouldn't let him either and said that the phone was registered to another carrier.

I've done *228 and re registered HRT several times.

Edit, This is not a phone bashing thread, Love the device.
    Last edited by xjustmex21; 09-03-11 at 10:51 AM.
    09-03-11 10:45 AM
    If it's saying that it's registered to another carrier and you purchased it brand new, get a replacement.
    09-03-11 11:10 AM
    I'm going to give them a chance at 1:30 when they are supposed to call back , if that doesn't work I'm going to go get another one.
    09-03-11 11:13 AM
    I had that happen to me too when I was activating my phone. Make sure you are signed in or signed up to you Blackberry ID. It solved the problems for me.
    09-03-11 01:02 PM
    I assume you already tried this but a battery pull corrected the same issue for me.
    09-03-11 01:07 PM
    Signed in and I have tried the battery pull, even left it apart for 30 minutes. No dice, Thanks for the suggestions though!
    09-03-11 01:27 PM
    still on line with tech support...
    09-03-11 03:16 PM
    waiting for your update
    09-03-11 04:44 PM
    Hi guys,

I also got the 9900 UK edition on vodafone, and have had the same issues. I have tried all know fixes i.e service books, BIS. None have seem to work, the only other option I need to try is a complete wipe and re-install of OS7, expect I don't believe BB offer it to download. To that I am only lefted with sending the device back. Also to guy in the shop said that three other people have had the same issue. This sadly has knock his confidence to sell them. This confirms my statement of a bad batch. **** it must be noted that all products have a small percentage of bad devices, I still believe this is an awesome handset. Last point is the battery, I don't understand the poor claims as I notice very little drop after 6 hours play. Question to you is when you leave the house would you leave all your electrical devices on? So why keep them all on the bold i.e nfc, bluetooth, wifi, 3G.

Cheers
    09-03-11 05:10 PM
    They got me up and running about 3:30. Fault falls totally on Verizon, when switching from my fascinate to my bold the "system" didn't prompt the Verizon employee to switch me from the normal data plan to the Blackberry data plan. Took till tier 4 for them to figure that out.

Anyways everything is up and working and I am finally able to enjoy my new device.
    09-03-11 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD