Does it matter? Is there any difference? I already have my old 9700 charger wire fished behind my dresser and everything but I noticed when I took my new 9900 out of the box it has a USB cord and a wall adaptor instead of a charger.

Can I keep my old 9700 charger?
    12-07-11 08:02 PM
    Doesn't matter what charger, as long as it's USB and the current is 550-750 mAh, it'll be good enough. The apple cube one, don't bother with it, current is too high and as a result, won't charge it. But it'll work with any device using an extended battery, or the 1500 mAh battery. Thought I'd include my experience.
    12-07-11 10:31 PM
    Hmm, I don't know about an apple cube one. Or are you talking about the little cube that is an AC to USB adapter?

My old 9700 charger is an actual wall charger that plugs in the wall and has a regular old cord attached to it. It does not come apart or anything. Wall plug on one end and micro plug on the other no USB in the middle. Does that make any sense?

I just didn't know if the different power output made a difference. I have no idea what either one puts out but I am under the impression that a USB (like from a computer) puts out very little power and the wall chargers put out more?
    Chad
    12-07-11 10:37 PM
    Hmm, I don't know about an apple cube one. Or are you talking about the little cube that is an AC to USB adapter?

My old 9700 charger is an actual wall charger that plugs in the wall and has a regular old cord attached to it. It does not come apart or anything. Wall plug on one end and micro plug on the other no USB in the middle. Does that make any sense?

I just didn't know if the different power output made a difference. I have no idea what either one puts out but I am under the impression that a USB (like from a computer) puts out very little power and the wall chargers put out more?
    Chad
    Yeah, the little charger apple supplies idevice users with. $40, but on ebay, it's $10. It's too much current for the 1150, 1000 and 1230 mAh batteries, but is fine with 1500 mAh and higher batteries.

The wall charger outputs 700 mAh, which is good enough.
    12-07-11 10:41 PM
    Many of us are getting better battery life with the slower charge from a 550mA charger. I'm using my old Motorola wall chargers with an adapter for that.

The only problem I'm having while charging is that the lightening bolt often stops before the charge is complete, so I have to unplug and replug, no matter which charger I use.
    12-08-11 02:50 AM
    I'm using nokia 1200mah charger and i'm happy with it since it lasts longer.
    12-08-11 04:01 AM
    Does it matter? Is there any difference? I already have my old 9700 charger wire fished behind my dresser and everything but I noticed when I took my new 9900 out of the box it has a USB cord and a wall adaptor instead of a charger.

If the 9700 charger is the one with the foldable blades, it will charge FASTER!

The little cube charger is cr^p!
    12-08-11 05:53 AM
    It should not make a difference using your 9700 charger but I would use the newer one instead that came with your device. Don't use the rapid charger for the Playbook as you may get a brick in the morning. Using non-OEM chargers is sometimes a bit risky as pin configurations and current specs may be different enough to not charge sufficiently or cause harm to your phone.
    12-08-11 06:18 AM
    Yesterday, i tried a different setup. I used the USB cable from the regular charger, plugged it into the dock station for the 9900. Then plugged that into my usb input on my Samsung 50'inch TV. It took at least twice as long as the regular charger. The tv is running on 220V, and I guess its usb 2.0. My battery on the bold 9900 has the double battery lenght today. (first day use). I've tried charging with usb from my macbook air and this method is far better. Plus it looks really good in front of my TV
    12-08-11 07:21 AM
    I'm using nokia 1200mah charger and i'm happy with it since it lasts longer.
    Um what BB do you have and what OS are you running? My 9930 with .374 won't allow anything more than 800mAh to be used. I wouldn't use it anyway....the stock 700mAh is what your batter is supposed to be charged at.
    12-08-11 04:35 PM

I use my old 9700 charger on my 9900, I like it better than the cord and adaptor thing.
    I use my old 9700 usb cable too - the stuff that came with my 9900 is still sitting wrapped up in the box. It is very nice that they are interchangeable.
    12-08-11 05:00 PM
    I'm using the chargers from my 8530 and 9550. The supplied one is laying around as an extra.
    12-08-11 05:25 PM
    I use my old 9700 charger on my 9900, I like it better than the cord and adaptor thing.
    I use my old 9700 usb cable too - the stuff that came with my 9900 is still sitting wrapped up in the box. It is very nice that they are interchangeable.
    +1 exactly same here
    12-08-11 05:42 PM
    I don't know what power sockets your using, but the 220v via usb 2 treats my bold 9900 happy.
    Keep running your old cables but I can't really understand the issue here.
    9900 rocks, can't wait for the 7.1 update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-11 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD