My shiny new 9900 is being delivered this afternoon and was wondering if any of you guys and your experiences can give me some tips as to what to do and what not to do with it ?

is there any known issues with the blackberry desktop software doing the automated upgrade from my current 9700 to the 9900 with transferring my data and settings ect- ?

any apps that you would suggest I tray ect- ?

thanks.
    10-19-11 06:18 AM
    Mate,
    Install on your 9700 the Blackberry Protect app, do a backup and then restore the backup on 9900. This is available for contacts, mesagges, appointments, bookmarks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 06:35 AM
    azie, cheers for that but already using it, although havent attempted a restore using it.
    its my understanding it doesnt do your pictures so the blackberry desktop wins on that respect.
    10-19-11 07:00 AM
    Turn off 3G and WiFi. Delete social feeds. Leave it on the table and don't use it. If you're lucky the battery will last until mid afternoon.
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    10-19-11 08:27 AM
    Turn off 3G and WiFi. Delete social feeds. Leave it on the table and don't use it. If you're lucky the battery will last until mid afternoon.

Lmao.. I use my 9900 daily, take it off charge in the am, browse crackberry, bbm the mrs all day while connected to work wi-fi, facebook and emails.. Calls for hour a day and by 8pm still have. Good 40% battery left...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 08:30 AM
    My shiny new 9900 is being delivered this afternoon and was wondering if any of you guys and your experiences can give me some tips as to what to do and what not to do with it ?

is there any known issues with the blackberry desktop software doing the automated upgrade from my current 9700 to the 9900 with transferring my data and settings ect- ?

any apps that you would suggest I tray ect- ?

thanks.

Remember to delete the languages that you don't need to free up space. You can do via Desktop manager.

Wikitude is kind of neat.

Have fun with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 08:39 AM
    Do not restore a complete back up from your 9700 to the 9900. I would recommend you only do your contacts/BBM/messages. Some have reported some issues when trying to restore an OS6 backup to the OS7 platform.
    10-19-11 08:42 AM
    LOL, cracking up at that one.Battery life is subpar but not that bad.
    10-19-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD