Hello all.

Just got my 9900 today and I am running into an error when I try and upgrade the OS. I've upgraded OSes dozens of times before but never encountered this specific problem: the apploader seems unable to identify the phone correctly as the installed new device software doesn't show up after I enter my device password.

I have desktop 6.1 and 7.0.0.250.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    11-08-11 04:08 PM
    Hello all.

Just got my 9900 today and I am running into an error when I try and upgrade the OS. I've upgraded OSes dozens of times before but never encountered this specific problem: the apploader seems unable to identify the phone correctly as the installed new device software doesn't show up after I enter my device password.

I have desktop 6.1 and 7.0.0.250.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    I have heard there are lots of problems connecting through desktop manager with these new devices and I have experienced the same.

My best suggestion would be to restart the computer and the device. If this doesn't work, try deleting the update software you have for the 9900 as well as Desktop Manager.

Download and install the latest Desktop Manager 6 official build from here.

BlackBerry - Desktop Software for PC

Try to plug-in your device now and see if it detects it.

If it does, either use the software to update your device or manually download the 9900 update and use loader.exe to run it assuming you've done it before and know where to find it.
    11-08-11 05:00 PM
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried all those methods with no luck
    11-08-11 05:03 PM
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried all those methods with no luck
    Does your computer detect your device through USB when you plug it in? Do you see any notification or hear the sound that there is a connection?
    11-08-11 05:07 PM
    Does your computer detect your device through USB when you plug it in? Do you see any notification or hear the sound that there is a connection?
    Yep it definately detects it. I was able to do a device swap using the desktop manager and am able to pull up the list of installed applications. For some reason the actual apploader doesn't think I have a 9900

I deleted the vendor file and it detects the PIN#.... But then it doesn't read the device software correctly.
    11-08-11 05:10 PM
    Yep it definately detects it. I was able to do a device swap using the desktop manager and am able to pull up the list of installed applications. For some reason the actual apploader doesn't think I have a 9900

I deleted the vendor file and it detects the PIN#.... But then it doesn't read the device software correctly.
    OK so if Desktop Manager recognizes your device and its pin then your problem isn't severe.

I've run into this problem before and got it to work eventually. You might have a corrupt/incomplete OS downloaded. Which software are you loading, .474? I would recommend downloading it from another mirror and installing it again.
    11-08-11 05:13 PM
    OK so if Desktop Manager recognizes your device and its pin then your problem isn't severe.

I've run into this problem before and got it to work eventually. You might have a corrupt/incomplete OS downloaded. Which software are you loading, .474? I would recommend downloading it from another mirror and installing it again.
    Glad to know I'm better off than some. I downloaded the OS twice direct from RIM, though
    11-08-11 05:15 PM
    Glad to know I'm better off than some. I downloaded the OS twice direct from RIM, though
    Ok well there here are some solutions that might help you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...update-645313/

It might just be the case of not deleting all the vendor files on your computer.
    highline likes this.
    11-08-11 05:18 PM
    Ok well there here are some solutions that might help you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...update-645313/

It might just be the case of not deleting all the vendor files on your computer.
    You, sir, have solved my problem Thanks so much

Apparently, RIM is sticking Vendor.XML files in new places..... I just had to find them and delete them!

Thanks a ton!
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    11-08-11 05:33 PM
    You, sir, have solved my problem Thanks so much

Apparently, RIM is sticking Vendor.XML files in new places..... I just had to find them and delete them!

Thanks a ton!
    Glad I can help. Enjoy the software update!
    11-08-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD