Hi there.

I have migrated from my Onyx 9700 to a brand spanking new Dakota 9900. However, there are some problems I have and I thought they'd be cleared up when I used the device switching wizard on Desktop Manager.

I purchased Documents To Go from DataViz on my 9700 which included PDF To Go as an extra in the purchase. I understand that the 9900 has Documents To Go natively, but it says that it is made by Research In Motion, not DataViz. I am able to use both the DataViz version and RIM version, but the RIM version doesn't seem to want to read certain PDF documents I have saved on my memory card. Also, the PDF To Go from DataViz requires that I purchase an activation key to use it. I don't know why it's asking me this, since I have purchased the DataViz collection of Documents To Go and they are working fine, so I am unable to read important PDF files at the moment. Surprisingly, though, they show up on the recently viewed list and I can open them that way, but the folders in which they are stored are empty. Waiting doesn't do anything either. Weird.

Secondly, I have the CrackBerry Wallpaper Changer. I purchased this on my 9700 and I cannot use it on my 9900 due to the activation code working with the device's PIN. How will I ba able to work around this without having to purchase another product?

Thanks for any insight!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 08:49 AM
    To change your pin you have to go here Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store
    after you loged in... somewhere under "my apps" there is a button to change your device pin ...you will then get new registration codes for all your apps you bought on crackberry.But it takes a while till they renew it... might be a few hours or just a few minutes.

good luck with your PDFs
    11-07-11 08:56 AM
    I don't have any idea as far as DtG, but you should have the full version on the 9900. I'd recommend you send an email to DataViz and see if they can help.

As far as the Wallpaper changer, did you purchase the app from Crackberry and/or Mobihand? If so, go there and change you device and PIN. If the app is compatible with the 9900, they will issue a new activation key, if one is required.
    11-07-11 08:56 AM
    Thanks for the responses. The native DtG does open files, but it is extremely laggy and takes a lot of time to load. I purchased the wallpaper changer from BlackBerry App Aorld and it says the vendor is Shao-Soft.com. Is the vendor associated with MobiHand?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD