Is there any way to mute the network notification sound which is driving me crazy after sending text messages? I've tried creating my own profile but didn't work.
    11-20-11 05:02 AM
    Second that!
    11-20-11 06:10 AM
    Download CrunchSMS?

I have never heard a network notification sound on my 9900 when sending a text.
    11-20-11 08:06 AM
    I have never heard a network notification sound on my 9900 when sending a text.
    Same here. Mine just displays 'D' next to the tick when delivered.
    11-20-11 08:16 AM
    Try settings>accessibility>event sounds. I honestly don't know if that will work but it's the closest thing I could find

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 12:16 PM
    You could try your current sound profile. It does have an SMS and MMS entry. Mine is blank though.
    11-20-11 03:21 PM
    It is annoyingly louder than it was on my Bold 9780! Usually this sound plays when you punch in service codes or what not with * or #. Also if you are a prepaid subscriber every time you make a call or send a text usually it shows your balance afterwards and that is the sound that is so friggin' loud and annoying. Someone surely has to figure out a way to lower it if not disable it completely. I don't think its possible because its an OS sound.

12-03-11 04:12 AM
    It is annoyingly louder than it was on my Bold 9780! Usually this sound plays when you punch in service codes or what not with * or #. Also if you are a prepaid subscriber every time you make a call or send a text usually it shows your balance afterwards and that is the sound that is so friggin' loud and annoying. Someone surely has to figure out a way to lower it if not disable it completely. I don't think its possible because its an OS sound.

Only Way to Avoid the sound is to put profile as Silent./set certain contacts if u want them to ring by Sounds for selected Profile/ Go for postpaid.

Expecting the latest OS 7.1 to work on this Alert Notification Issues to be solved
    12-03-11 04:27 AM
    this is so crazy. i have the same issue and it makes me wanna scream!
    12-13-11 09:59 AM
    Anybody who can help ... this is so annoying
    09-23-12 10:31 PM
    Its insane I wish I could mute it
    The only option worked for me is putting it to silent mode and then check my remaining data cause it send me a notification and its just can be heard a mile away!
    09-24-12 05:18 AM
    You can change the SOUND for Network notifications that appear after you make a call or send a message, those related with balance.
    In your profile settings - Instant Messages/Notifiers - BBM New Message
    Change the volume to a "lower" ej: 4 and DISABLE the Vibration. You can also change the Notifier Tone.

For the other Networks Notifications when you tipe *XXX# or similars there is no way to change that louder sound "cortesia de RIM"

Hope this help you.
    11-28-12 02:03 PM
    For o2 UK customers, just phone o2 customer services and explain the problem. This is what I did after pressing practically every combination of buttons on my 9900 Bold. They immediately stopped the balance notification pop up, with its annoying sound, coming through. If you need to know your balance, just call *#10# and your balance will pop up.
    03-26-13 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD