I'm trying to unlock a BB 9900 for a friend. it was already working on current provider and for some reason it started asking for unlock code. whenever the phone is turned on it says "Your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?" the Yes or No options does nothing.. checked vendor ID and tried my own and another SIM from the same provider and does not work. I checked locks and everything but Network is disabled. Network is Blocked.

Its weird that the phone would be working and just stopped all of a sudden. I'm assuming his girlfriend entered the code 10 times.. i never got the option myself. I searched over the web and found that this happened before where the phone would be working and just stop..
    Wondering if this is hardware related or should i pay to remove this block?!?!?!?
    02-23-12 01:59 PM
    does it give you option to complete a network unlock?
    02-23-12 03:19 PM
    does it give you option to complete a network unlock?
    no.. it ask if you would like to when it first turned on. but selecting yes or no does nothing..
    02-23-12 03:32 PM
    have you tried a system wipe?
    02-23-12 03:33 PM
    have you tried a system wipe?
    forgot to mention.. yes i did. Wiped using phone options.. wiped OS using BBSAK and loaded leaked 7.1

no difference
    02-23-12 03:39 PM
    most likely you need to unblock it to make it work. kinda odd when it worked before.
    by entering the password 10 times wrong won't block your network, it will wipe your phone instead.
    02-23-12 03:45 PM
    try this site. see what happens.
    MyBlackberryUnlock | Login
    02-23-12 03:49 PM
    most likely you need to unblock it to make it work. kinda odd when it worked before.
    by entering the password 10 times wrong won't block your network, it will wipe your phone instead.
    well that's the norm.. but i think there is a limit to the tries you get to unlock the network.
    he said it was working before and i believe him cause i saw text messages u get when credited it added to the phone.
    i don't want to recommend he pay for unlock from carrierunlock and that doesn't work
    02-23-12 03:55 PM
    Call your carrier and ask
    02-23-12 04:26 PM
    i don't want to recommend he pay for unlock from carrierunlock and that doesn't work
    if that was for me. the site i linked is 1 free unlock per day
    02-23-12 04:41 PM
    if that was for me. the site i linked is 1 free unlock per day
    thanks for the link.. 1 have one similar. It won't work tho.. the phone doesn't allow me to input any codes
    02-23-12 05:04 PM
    thanks for the link.. 1 have one similar. It won't work tho.. the phone doesn't allow me to input any codes
    You can go to SIM Options and enter an unlock code if that's what you need. You can also check which sector is locked(like network lock, SIM lock, etc) and which is unlocked.

Try this:
    Method 2 on How to Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930
    Ensure a SIM Card is inserted
    Go to �Manage Connections�
    Click on �Turn All Connections Off�
    Go to �Options�
    Click on �Device�
    Click on �Advanced System Settings�
    Click on �SIM Card�
    Type �MEPD� (NOTE: you might need to type in caps, also letters will not appear on-screen but you will be presented with personalization screen, that will display 5 locks such as network, service provider etc)
    Type �MEP2′ (make sure to hold ALT for 2) or hold ALT and type MEPE (NOTE: user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    Enter the MEP2 code numbers only (CONFIRM you get �Code Accepted� message)
    *If you also have a MEP4 code, type �MEP4′ (you will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    Enter the MEP4 code (CONFIRM you get �Code Accepted� message)
    Reboot device by pulling battery out
    Click on �Restore Connections�
    Device is now unlocked

Reference: How to Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9900, 9930 - Unlocking Instructions - | iUnlock Blackberry
    02-23-12 08:02 PM
    @mss-ca

"Type �MEP2′ (make sure to hold ALT for 2) or hold ALT and type MEPE"

already tried that. doesn't give option to enter code
    02-23-12 08:22 PM
    have anyone tried this site before to remote unlock the hardlock? not sure why they want remote access with Ammyy
    sent the user carrierunlock a message on here and got no response..

MEP-LOADED | Hard Locked | MEP Code 0 Tries Left
    03-03-12 09:44 PM
    @mss-ca

"Type �MEP2′ (make sure to hold ALT for 2) or hold ALT and type MEPE"

already tried that. doesn't give option to enter code
    any luck or solution? My 9930 is in the same stuation.
    04-14-12 12:37 PM
    You can go to SIM Options and enter an unlock code if that's what you need. You can also check which sector is locked(like network lock, SIM lock, etc) and which is unlocked.

Try this:
    Method 2 on How to Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930
    Ensure a SIM Card is inserted
    Click on �Turn All Connections Off�
    Go to �Options�
    Click on �Device�
    Click on �Advanced System Settings�
    Click on �SIM Card�
    Type �MEPD� (NOTE: you might need to type in caps, also letters will not appear on-screen but you will be presented with personalization screen, that will display 5 locks such as network, service provider etc)
    Type �MEP2′ (make sure to hold ALT for 2) or hold ALT and type MEPE (NOTE: user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    Enter the MEP2 code numbers only (CONFIRM you get �Code Accepted� message)
    *If you also have a MEP4 code, type �MEP4′ (you will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    Enter the MEP4 code (CONFIRM you get �Code Accepted� message)
    Reboot device by pulling battery out
    Click on �Restore Connections�
    Device is now unlocked

Reference: How to Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9900, 9930 - Unlocking Instructions - | iUnlock Blackberry

I was just checking out and typed MEPD and now its showing everything disabled, can you tell me how do i make all those options that's appearing now after i typed this?
    04-14-12 01:11 PM
    I was just checking out and typed MEPD and now its showing everything disabled, can you tell me how do i make all those options that's appearing now after i typed this?
    if everything is 'disabled' your phone is unlocked. 'Active'(usually on network) means its locked to a provider.. 'Blocked' means it hard locked. someone could correct me if i'm wrong

about the one i have here.. just last night i tried carrierunlock.com and i noticed that they don't use ammyy as one of the tools used anymore. however their hard unlock page have not been updated and says all orders will be processed on March 26th (that almost 3 weeks passed). also sent a message on the forum to the person and didn't get a response. no confidence in their service at this time. will have to shop around still.
    04-14-12 10:18 PM
    if everything is 'disabled' your phone is unlocked. 'Active'(usually on network) means its locked to a provider.. 'Blocked' means it hard locked. someone could correct me if i'm wrong

about the one i have here.. just last night i tried carrierunlock.com and i noticed that they don't use ammyy as one of the tools used anymore. however their hard unlock page have not been updated and says all orders will be processed on March 26th (that almost 3 weeks passed). also sent a message on the forum to the person and didn't get a response. no confidence in their service at this time. will have to shop around still.
    THANKS
    Well mine was unlocked already but i didn't knew how to check this out, so is it only possible for certain sim for certain phone and if we install another OS can that solve the problem for phones?
    04-14-12 10:24 PM
    THANKS
    Well mine was unlocked already but i didn't knew how to check this out, so is it only possible for certain sim for certain phone and if we install another OS can that solve the problem for phones?
    well i believe all BBs have that info screen. reinstalling OS or wiping phone will not help with those locks.
    04-14-12 10:48 PM
    well i believe all BBs have that info screen. reinstalling OS or wiping phone will not help with those locks.
    Well since my phone is unlocked, i just reboot it and that info was gone luckily
    But why would a carrier be so like they wanna lock their devices like USE or cause we gave you so :P ?
    04-15-12 05:30 AM
    Is there any solution to network blocked for BB9930 Verizon? Tks
    04-16-12 10:29 AM
    Still waiting for a magic!
    04-22-12 11:41 AM
    You're going to have to have your BB flashed - you'll need to send it in to a company that can do this. Google your issue and you'll find the answer you need.
    04-22-12 12:21 PM
    i have a phone blackbarry its network sim is blocked how unblock it
    04-21-13 11:53 AM
    i have 0 tries left networck sim blackberry 9500
    04-21-13 12:12 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD