As the proud owner of my very first BlackBerry (9900) I have been very nervous about attempting my first update and have held off for weeks.

Finally plucked up courage and went for it today, following the advice from many contributors in this forum it went like a dream and I now have the benefits of .474 instead of stock .296.

To anyone out there who is in the same dilema I was having all I can say is go for it, it is as easy as people say it is.

If I can do it you can too !!!
    11-05-11 09:28 AM
    As the proud owner of my very first BlackBerry (9900) I have been very nervous about attempting my first update and have held off for weeks.

Finally plucked up courage and went for it today, following the advice from many contributors in this forum it went like a dream and I now have the benefits of .474 instead of stock .296.

To anyone out there who is in the same dilema I was having all I can say is go for it, it is as easy as people say it is.

If I can do it you can too !!!
    Did you do it OTA or through your computer?
    11-05-11 09:38 AM
    Go on down to the "Leaked" forum and look for the guide by Elite1, it's pretty comprehensive. I did my first upgrade with no drama whatsoever, and now do so without any worries.
    11-05-11 09:51 AM
    Did you do it OTA or through your computer?
    Did it with DM.

Am with Vodafone UK and their latest OS is still .296.
    11-05-11 10:11 AM
    The tools and support people have provided here have been fantastic. Its really simple once you get into it.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-05-11 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD