i need to do something to my BB, that'll let me get an exchange..

i've had one already coz they bottom panel was lifting and the call button was sticking..

this ones panel is slightly lifting, and the back button has an annoying click, AND the keyboard, the 5, the dot thats raised has a chip in it.. its so annoying

how'd i make the phone not work (not turn on or boot) so i can get a exchange... last time i went they was really strict about it, and coz they couldnt see the sticky call button i'd had to go through CS
    09-17-11 04:52 PM
    i need to do something to my BB, that'll let me get an exchange..

i've had one already coz they bottom panel was lifting and the call button was sticking..

this ones panel is slightly lifting, and the back button has an annoying click, AND the keyboard, the 5, the dot thats raised has a chip in it.. its so annoying

how'd i make the phone not work (not turn on or boot) so i can get a exchange... last time i went they was really strict about it, and coz they couldnt see the sticky call button i'd had to go through CS
    Aw. C'mon now!
    I see you haven't been a member here very long, but you need to know now that this is not how we roll here. No one will/should instruct you to do something illegal.

Talk to your sales person in a frank & honest way. If no results, follow their instructions and go through CS.

BTW, by you doing such an act you may be passing off a purposely damaged unit to another BlackBerry user. For persons out of the "new device" return policy window this may become a refurbished unit to some person who does not deserve the aggravation that you would have caused.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-17-11 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added quote & spell check.
    09-17-11 05:00 PM
    10 seconds in the microwave

You would have likely been happy with your phone till you read a few posts here.

Doubt your next one will be better!
    09-17-11 05:01 PM
    dunk it in beer..... but then again wouldn't want to waste beer
    09-17-11 05:03 PM
    I had to ring customer services and spend hours on the phone just to get them to change it.. there such a poor place where i bought it from

i didn't mean it to come across like that, i mean could i unplug it when its updating just to stop it booting so i can get a replacement?
    09-17-11 05:03 PM
    I had to ring customer services and spend hours on the phone just to get them to change it.. there such a poor place where i bought it from

i didn't mean it to come across like that, i mean could i unplug it when its updating just to stop it booting so i can get a replacement?
    Personally, I don't see the humor in the other members' posts, but that's just me.

If you need to go through CS then that's what you need to do. You are the one who purchased the unit from an establishment with poor customer service. You have to play the hand you dealt for yourself.

You say you don't mean to come across like that, but you are still intending to get advice to do such an act.
    09-17-11 05:09 PM
    We don't condone such behavior at CrackBerry.
    09-17-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD