No kidding. Even the German mechanics, fanboys to their very soul, think the new MBZ stuff is over-complicated junk.
    and that's exactly what this Bold 9900 is, over-complicated. For what it costs, it should have more advanced features, not just a keyboard and a touch screen.
    11-30-11 04:29 PM
    Coming first from the Tour then to the Bold 9650 then to a HTC Thunderbolt (I know silly mistake) and now to the BOLD 9930! WOW...9930 is awesome....keyboard is perfect. Processor is fast enough to handle web browsing and multiple tasks very efficiently. Overall I am extremely happy with my 9930.

And for those who complain about the battery..go to a 4g device and see how long you get out of it....

Kenny
    I used to get about 2-3 hours on my Thunderbolt. Yeah, it went back. Not just for that reason: web pages rendering in full html all the time, constant reboots. Beautiful phone and I really like HTC but man that phone was a nightmare. After one week I gave up on it.
    11-30-11 04:33 PM
    and that's exactly what this Bold 9900 is, over-complicated. For what it costs, it should have more advanced features, not just a keyboard and a touch screen.
    It has a compass, 4G, a grip of memory, a touch screen, a faster processor, and some other stuff like NFC and hotspot that ATT will never let me use. It's basically a 9000 on roids. Nothing special at all. BB's are not "special." They are business tools that developing world social butterflies find indispensable because of something called BBM, whatever that is.
    11-30-11 09:02 PM
    It has a compass, 4G, a grip of memory, a touch screen, a faster processor, and some other stuff like NFC and hotspot that ATT will never let me use. It's basically a 9000 on roids. Nothing special at all. BB's are not "special." They are business tools that developing world social butterflies find indispensable because of something called BBM, whatever that is.
    I completely agree. These phones are strictly for business. Besides, there are other phones that pack all that you mentioned and with a keyboard too that cost a fraction of what this Bold costs.

Here's a side by side comparison of the Mytouch 4G Slide and the Bold 9900.

http://m.ibtimes.com/research-in-mot...-n-199999.html

http://geekaphone.com/compare/T-Mobi...erry-Bold-9900

http://versusio.com/en/rim-blackberr...touch-4g-slide
    Last edited by doowopmario; 11-30-11 at 09:29 PM.
    11-30-11 09:17 PM
    I spent some time toying with the idea of moving to T-Mo for the mytouch 4g slide. In the end the familiarity and form factor of the 9900 won me over. Still waiting for someone to built a 9900 that isn't gutted by BIS.
    12-01-11 09:25 AM
    I completely agree. These phones are strictly for business. Besides, there are other phones that pack all that you mentioned and with a keyboard too that cost a fraction of what this Bold costs.

Here's a side by side comparison of the Mytouch 4G Slide and the Bold 9900.

Blackberry Bold 9900 Faces Threat From T-Mobile's myTouch 4G Slide

T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide vs RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900

Comparing RIM BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 vs. T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide - Nine Reasons for the RIM BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 - VERSUS IO
    If there is anything RIM has made right and none has been able to copy is the keyboard's positioning and its sleek design.. so... maybe that's why there are none other phones with keyboard that can compete with it.. otherwise I don't think its that hard to add a keyboard to the iphone or any other phones. But anyone who chat/e-mails will be able to tell you that the keyboard is different and it is somewhat alot better. Now BB keyboard, with touch screen... very fast messaging and multitasking, shortcuts.. it's quite a piece of gadget
    12-01-11 10:17 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD