So in January I will be finally get my Bold 9900, as an avid user of Blackberry's for almost 4 year can probably understand my excitement. I wanted to get feedback from users who own one now and see how they feel about it, highlights, flaws, ratings etc. I know of some problems already because I keep up with the CrackBerry site but I wanted to hear something from the people themselves !
    11-29-11 07:14 PM
    I like it. I like typing on it more than on my laptop. No problems with it whatsoever.
    11-29-11 07:22 PM
    I have the 9930 and I just love mine! I have not had any problems with it and I have had mine since September. If you are a Blackberry fan, this is the one to go with. Keyboard is amazing and the touch screen is not that bad either. Don't use it that much as I am not used to it, but in time I can see me using it more. You will love it, trust me!
    11-29-11 07:23 PM
    I love it. Owning a 8330, 9000, 8900, Iphone4 and now 9900. I'm going to rate it 8.5/10 only because due to software, hopefully RIM fixes it by next year.

Pros: Slim, touch screen, fast, keyboard, screen, nice form factor chassis.
    Cons: unstable OS (reboots and nuke/brick), camera, battery life
    Last edited by nubgen; 11-29-11 at 07:27 PM.
    11-29-11 07:25 PM
    Have had zero problems with my Sprint 9930. I agree with the post above, love typing on the keyboard. I bought the pouch for it like I had with my 8330, hope I can keep this phone for a long time!
    11-29-11 07:31 PM
    There's a thread with all feedback on current user. And a vote on satisfaction as well, check it out. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9930-a-672695/
    11-29-11 07:46 PM
    I loved it, but then I hated it and then I sold it. Unless you're an avid texter/emailer, you're gonna love the phone simply for the keyboard, this phone is gonna suck for anything else. If they had taken out the crappy camera and the touch screen, I'm sure most BB 9900 lovers would not have minded. They probably would rationalize and say they have a $200 camera to take pictures with.

If you haven't already done so, you'll have to install the new OS in order to improve the battery life. It's too high maintenance for such an expensive device. It's like buying a Merceded Benz and then having to take it in for repairs all the time. Just scroll through all the issues on here.

If you're looking for cool phone features, then the Bold 9900 won't live up to it.

I sold mine and felt like I would come back and share my experience, because I would have loved if someone who left their BB 9900, came back and shared their experience with me.
    drakesaliasonline likes this.
    11-29-11 07:52 PM
    Thank you everyone, I'm glade ya'll could share. Anything else anyone wants to say?
    11-29-11 10:00 PM
    I love my 9900. Loved it so much I recommended it to 2 of my roommates. And guess what, they both bought it. Ever since .503 and onwards, the amount of "bricking" issues has decreased significantly.
    11-29-11 10:05 PM
    I have had my 9930 for 4 months with only slight glitches, but expected with a new platform. I have no probs with the "crappy" camera. You would be surprised what you can get out of this phone camera with a little practice. Love the touchscreen and keyboard. The touchscreen can be adjusted for a wide range of users. If you are looking for immediate generic satisfaction this isn't the bb for you. So many parameters can be tweaked it is understandable the less techie will not achieve total bliss. But with patience and manipulation the new Bold will run as well as a fine Ferrari. It all takes a little adjusting to get used to but after learning, the possibilities are truly remarkable. In short, you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-11 10:11 PM
    You act like this is the decision of a lifetime. It's not like you're marrying some chick and need to know if she's going to pork out on you. Get the thing and if it sucks get rid of it. Wow. It's JUST A PHONE.
    11-29-11 10:12 PM
    I loved it, but then I hated it and then I sold it. Unless you're an avid texter/emailer, you're gonna love the phone simply for the keyboard, this phone is gonna suck for anything else. If they had taken out the crappy camera and the touch screen, I'm sure most BB 9900 lovers would not have minded. They probably would rationalize and say they have a $200 camera to take pictures with.

If you haven't already done so, you'll have to install the new OS in order to improve the battery life. It's too high maintenance for such an expensive device. It's like buying a Merceded Benz and then having to take it in for repairs all the time. Just scroll through all the issues on here.

If you're looking for cool phone features, then the Bold 9900 won't live up to it.

I sold mine and felt like I would come back and share my experience, because I would have loved if someone who left their BB 9900, came back and shared their experience with me.
    Yeah I was aware that the Camera doesn't have auto-focus, does that make a big difference though? and the touchscreen comment, any downfalls to that? I e-mail and text alot because I'm a College student, have to get assignments together and make Calender event. It kinda sucks right now on my 8520. The battery issue I'm aware of and also the screen not turning back on, the question is to what extent was the battery bad? I'm all for "cool phone features" but they aren't something I necessarily need, I do most of my gaming on a system or a computer. But I really do appreciate your feedback, it was much welcomed. Anything else you like to share then by all means please do so, I need an honest opinion before I make an ultimate decision.
    11-29-11 10:12 PM
    You act like this is the decision of a lifetime. It's not like you're marrying some chick and need to know if she's going to pork out on you. Get the thing and if it sucks get rid of it. Wow. It's JUST A PHONE.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that but I would rather know if it sucks ahead of time then wasting it by going out and buying it. All I asked for was feedback.
    11-29-11 10:19 PM
    I love the the phone for the large keyboard and improved processing power. However, I blame the RIM for coming short on hardware quality control. A lot of us are on our second or third 99xx even though the phone is only several months old. Make sure when you buy at the store, look all the corners of the phone and see if light is bleeding from anywhere. I had to exchanged mine in about 24 hours of use because I notice light was bleeding from the bottom plate.

Also, I found that the quality of the phone varied vastly from one person to another for no reason. Some have a raised touch pad and other don't, etc, etc.

Anyway, overall, I love the phone. The stock OS builds have bad battery life and poor RAM management. The new leaked OS versions and other newer offical versions are better. If you buy this phone upgrade to OS 7.0.0.5xx or up and should look in to OS 7.1 if you want wifi hotspot. (Your service provider has to support it anyway)

I recommended this phone for email, text and BBM addict than someone who is looking for cutting edge toy because this is no where near cutting edge. However, the NFC features are very good cutting edge in my opinion. With OS 7.1, I transferred picture files to one of my friends Bold 9900 with NFS faster than using Bluetooth or wifi file transfer. In the future banks and credit card companies will hopefully use this too...
    11-29-11 10:22 PM
    It's too high maintenance for such an expensive device. It's like buying a Merceded Benz and then having to take it in for repairs all the time. Just scroll through all the issues on here.
    ...then it's exactly like buying a Mercedes.
    shawnOST likes this.
    11-29-11 10:22 PM
    I've had nothing go wrong with Agent 99. OS updates have improved stability and performance. Lots of folks have had problems with theirs, true. i am not one of them.
    11-29-11 10:43 PM
    Yeah I was aware that the Camera doesn't have auto-focus, does that make a big difference though? and the touchscreen comment, any downfalls to that? I e-mail and text alot because I'm a College student, have to get assignments together and make Calender event. It kinda sucks right now on my 8520. The battery issue I'm aware of and also the screen not turning back on, the question is to what extent was the battery bad? I'm all for "cool phone features" but they aren't something I necessarily need, I do most of my gaming on a system or a computer. But I really do appreciate your feedback, it was much welcomed. Anything else you like to share then by all means please do so, I need an honest opinion before I make an ultimate decision.
    I lay it out simple. If you really need a keyboard, like I do (because I've been a BB user for years) then you're better off getting a better phone with a keyboard, like I did. I got the HTC Mytouch 4G Slide.

Blackberry is behind in technology. This business about updating the OS by plugging your phone to your pc, deleting vendor files and then waiting to hear back from people to report any glitches with the new OS is old school. That's like installing updates on your computer from a CD when you can just download the updates.

Having to perform battery pulls is also annoying. Imagine having to pull your laptop's battery to make it reset properly. That's just plain ridiculous.

Leave the BB's to the business users who have NO TIME FOR GAMES OR LEISURE. They are more than happy with this phone. As for the rest of the population, there are phones that have been made to tailor our needs.

2 more cents...

One more thing...maybe that's why computers have not done away with keyboards. It would be inefficient without it. I don't think anyone would like a desktop/laptop without a keyboard. That's why I think Iphones suck, but how could a blackberry user not miss the keyboard!
    Last edited by doowopmario; 11-29-11 at 11:11 PM.
    11-29-11 11:04 PM
    Super phone, i look forward to replying to emails and text. Its a pleasure to type on..
    11-29-11 11:20 PM
    Go for it... my 9930 has not failed me yet. Very fast and smooth.

Pro's:
    Keyboard
    Touch screen
    Fast OS
    Overall feel
    OS 7
    Liquid display
    Battery (yes I get excellent life)

Cons:
    Laggy desktop manger at times
    Loss of 1 convenience key (6Tools helps with this)
    Nothing else I can think of
    11-29-11 11:47 PM
    I lay it out simple. If you really need a keyboard, like I do (because I've been a BB user for years) then you're better off getting a better phone with a keyboard, like I did. I got the HTC Mytouch 4G Slide.

Blackberry is behind in technology. This business about updating the OS by plugging your phone to your pc, deleting vendor files and then waiting to hear back from people to report any glitches with the new OS is old school. That's like installing updates on your computer from a CD when you can just download the updates.

Having to perform battery pulls is also annoying. Imagine having to pull your laptop's battery to make it reset properly. That's just plain ridiculous.

Leave the BB's to the business users who have NO TIME FOR GAMES OR LEISURE. They are more than happy with this phone. As for the rest of the population, there are phones that have been made to tailor our needs.

2 more cents...

One more thing...maybe that's why computers have not done away with keyboards. It would be inefficient without it. I don't think anyone would like a desktop/laptop without a keyboard. That's why I think Iphones suck, but how could a blackberry user not miss the keyboard!
    Thank you again, I do appreciate it.
    11-29-11 11:57 PM
    Have you got the chance to have a look at one in a store near you? It'll give you a basic idea if you are going to like the style and feel of.

I'm on my 3rd 9900, but now that I've updated to .540 OS, I haven't had any real problems with it, and to be honest, I've stuck with it as I can't see an alternative that would suit me, deep down I'm a Blackberry guy. I've used an iPhone 4S for a couple of weeks, and whilst its a lovely device, and better than the iP4, I just found myself wasting time playing games (& running my battery down).

Then it hit me, it was basically just another gadget, and I have a decent gaming PC, & an XBOX 360, PS2 & Wii, I didn't need another plaything, I need a top draw communications device, one that I would look forward to typing on (didn't like to do anything more than a couple of lines on the touchscreen), one that made excellent quality calls, one that gets instant emails (and no Exchange on the iP4S was still delayed).

I could go on, but at the heart of what I'm saying is that the BB9900 is the best device for me, and I'm currently very happy with the 9900, its the best BB I've ever used
    11-30-11 05:48 AM
    I will keep this short and simple.

Touch. Type. Together.

Best BlackBerry ever.
    guzprom likes this.
    11-30-11 06:15 AM
    ...then it's exactly like buying a Mercedes.
    No kidding. Even the German mechanics, fanboys to their very soul, think the new MBZ stuff is over-complicated junk.
    11-30-11 12:51 PM
    Yeah, I'm aware of that but I would rather know if it sucks ahead of time then wasting it by going out and buying it. All I asked for was feedback.
    Check out the 9900/9930 forum. Lots of feedback there. Wait... what?
    11-30-11 12:52 PM
    Coming first from the Tour then to the Bold 9650 then to a HTC Thunderbolt (I know silly mistake) and now to the BOLD 9930! WOW...9930 is awesome....keyboard is perfect. Processor is fast enough to handle web browsing and multiple tasks very efficiently. Overall I am extremely happy with my 9930.

And for those who complain about the battery..go to a 4g device and see how long you get out of it....

Kenny
    11-30-11 01:00 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD