I went from BB to Android in December and I am not satisfied. I want to return to BB with a Bold 9650. Is it worth waiting for the 9900 Montana. Or just get a 9650 now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 06:29 PM
    I am in a similar boat.
    I currently have the Curve 8530 and am between getting the Bold 9780 now or taking my chances and waiting for the Dakota.

Your best bet if you want to return to BB now would to check out ebay and see if you can get a Bold 9650 on there for a good price. That way you don't pay full price or sign a new contract and in a few months be tempted to do it again and not be able to.
    02-12-11 06:35 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the Montana is the CDMA version of the GSM Dakota. I can tell you that from reading multiple reviews from very knowledable sources, the wait would be well worth it. The problem is these devices may not be available til Q3 or Q4 2011.
    02-12-11 06:42 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the Montana is the CDMA version of the GSM Dakota. I can tell you that from reading multiple reviews from very knowledable sources, the wait would be well worth it. The problem is these devices may not be available til Q3 or Q4 2011.
    That's right I'm on Verizon

02-12-11 06:53 PM
    That's right I'm on Verizon

I'm on AT&T and cannot wait for the Dakota. I think if you can hold out, you'll be very impressed.
    02-12-11 06:55 PM
    Yeah Im def gonna hold out. Im going to sell my current 9700 next month. Or maybe even April, then hold out on my 9000 until the Dakota comes out.

Then Its game over from then on out!
    02-12-11 07:13 PM
    If you can afford it get a used Bold and then sell it when the Bold Touch comes out... If not then wait.

02-12-11 08:19 PM
    If you can afford it get a used Bold and then sell it when the Bold Touch comes out... If not then wait.

I'm not real crazy about the virtual keyboard that my storm2 had and my Droid x has now. I'm looking for memory and speed and a QWERTY keyboard like the bold. Plus I really like the style of the BB and better email response than I am getting now. After looking at the specs of the Montana it looks impressive. One way or the other I will be back to Blackberry. I went too fast with the Droid.

02-12-11 08:52 PM
    I returned my Torch just in time when I heard about the Dakota and went back to my 9700. I'm just hoping that it doesn't take forever for a White Dakota to make an appearance I'm getting it for sure!

02-13-11 08:00 AM
    I returned my Torch just in time when I heard about the Dakota and went back to my 9700. I'm just hoping that it doesn't take forever for a White Dakota to make an appearance I'm getting it for sure!

What didn't you like about the Torch?

02-13-11 09:19 AM
    You can get a good condition used 9650 for under $250 pretty easy these days - I'd recommend it.
    02-13-11 02:14 PM
    What didn't you like about the Torch?

I was on my second Torch, it would freeze up a lot, the touch screen would not work and different apps open up without me doing it, and I decided I just didn't care for the slider. I can wait for the Bold Touch, nothing wrong with my 9700 so I'm perfectly happy for now with it.

02-14-11 06:38 PM
    I was on my second Torch, it would freeze up a lot, the touch screen would not work and different apps open up without me doing it, and I decided I just didn't care for the slider. I can wait for the Bold Touch, nothing wrong with my 9700 so I'm perfectly happy for now with it.

I understand about touchscreens my Droid is very sensitive and when your scrolling alot of times you will open up thing you don't want to and have to go back. There is no way to adjust the sensitivity, so I can do without the touch. My storm2 wasn't as bad as this but it was just too slow. I believe I will go with the Bold 9650 and take the loss on the Droid X. Thanks for your comments.

02-14-11 06:58 PM
    I understand about touchscreens my Droid is very sensitive and when your scrolling alot of times you will open up thing you don't want to and have to go back. There is no way to adjust the sensitivity, so I can do without the touch. My storm2 wasn't as bad as this but it was just too slow. I believe I will go with the Bold 9650 and take the loss on the Droid X. Thanks for your comments.

How much do you want for your X???
    02-14-11 08:45 PM
    Glad to hear you want to come back.

I would also see what you can find on ebay or even CL...I am in the same boat, but more trying to find a BB for SD...

Good luck!

02-15-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD