So i got a bold 9930 off of amazon brand new and was using it for a few weeks no problems until one night i happen to let it completely die, i put it on the charger and went to bed, woke up and it's just blinking red. i tried everything in the book and decided to take it to a repair place which then did everything i did at home to get it to boot but didnt work out. so i sent it oversees to another repair company and it didnt work so they sent it back to me, now im stuck they say i need a new motherboard my phone is beyond bricked. Can someone please tell me where i can obtain one of those? i've tried several replacement websites but couldnt find it.

please help or can you point me in the direction where i can send it to blackberry to get fixed?

thank you
    12-17-11 08:34 PM
    NOOOOOO.... I mean they must be bunch of losers who are out there to take your money. The repair shop guys sounds like idiots.

This is a well known issue with Bold 99xx and even RIM admitted there is a problem and they are working on OS updates to fix it. Some people here on CB posted that newly leaked OS 7.1 fixed their bricked phones. You should try to load a new OS first before trying anything.

Please don't waste your money.
    12-17-11 08:37 PM
    Also, your profile reads Device(s): 9810, which can be confusing if you own a Bold 9930. Please update your profile as well.
    12-17-11 08:38 PM
    Why didn't you return it? If you bought it new you should have been able to send it back. Why a 3rd party repair company overseas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-11 08:39 PM
    Also, your profile reads Device(s): 9810, which can be confusing if you own a Bold 9930. Please update your profile as well.
    Well im a crackberry user i had to purchase another phone while i was waiting for this one to be fixed. I previously had a torch 9800 but i wanted a change so i upgraded to the 9930 then it died and my friend was selling a 9810 so i was like whatever he gave me a discount
    12-17-11 08:53 PM
    Why didn't you return it? If you bought it new you should have been able to send it back. Why a 3rd party repair company overseas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    well i live in the bahamas so it was sent to a "oversees" meaning america to see if they could do something. my warrenty was expired from amazon
    12-17-11 08:55 PM
    NOOOOOO.... I mean they must be bunch of losers who are out there to take your money. The repair shop guys sounds like idiots.

This is a well known issue with Bold 99xx and even RIM admitted there is a problem and they are working on OS updates to fix it. Some people here on CB posted that newly leaked OS 7.1 fixed their bricked phones. You should try to load a new OS first before trying anything.

Please don't waste your money.
    I know i discovered this was a well known issue after the fact. can you send the link where they say the 7.1 fixed the bricked phones please?
    12-17-11 08:57 PM
    Sounds fishy to me
    12-17-11 10:01 PM
    I know i discovered this was a well known issue after the fact. can you send the link where they say the 7.1 fixed the bricked phones please?
    Here you go: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-power-679414/

There are a lot of people fixing with a simple OS update on 9900 as well.
    wonda242 likes this.
    12-17-11 10:16 PM
    Here you go: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-power-679414/

There are a lot of people fixing with a simple OS update on 9900 as well.
    Thank you, i see you've posted in there as well. my phone is currently at the shop so on monday i will go pick it up and try it out.

will send feed back later.
    12-17-11 10:33 PM
    Before you send your NEW BLACKBERRY 9900 overseas try to use alternatives.. local repair shops, tips from crackberry users and such.
    it's not possible that you need to replace the motherboard just like that..
    abdias2001 likes this.
    12-18-11 03:21 AM
    I can confirm that 7.1 did not fix my phone, nothing has changed still the same ol' blinking. I would like to get a new mother board or contact rim? This is just pissing me off
    12-19-11 12:54 PM
    I can confirm that 7.1 did not fix my phone, nothing has changed still the same ol' blinking. I would like to get a new mother board or contact rim? This is just pissing me off
    If you brought this brand new from a reputed legally registered seller, yes you can contact RIM. But if you brought this from a person or something like that, you are out of luck. RIM do not have transferable warranty on their products.
    12-21-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD