I need help with OS install on my Bold 9900.

I've tried many times, with different computers, different downloading sites, read & followed directions from different forums .. but I still couldn't update my OS.

I had purchased my BB9900 directly from RIM and it came with v7.0.0.353, Platform 5.0.0.544, my phone carrier is Rogers.

Basically what I need is the capability to type/write chinese characters on my phone (My BB currently only displays English US and English UK).

So I've tried downloading v7.0.0.540, installed it onto my PC, deleted that vendor file, loaded the Loader - but all it shows it all my applications, nothing in regards to the new OS. Again, I tried with the latest OS - v7.0.0.585, and again it doesn't work.

Then I thought maybe because I had an older version of Desktop Manager, so I updated that one with the latest version, and again it STILL doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? I can't figure out why I can't load the OS onto my Bold.
    Someone - PLEASE HELP!!
    12-15-11 04:50 PM
    Are you using the Loader.exe file from the same folder where you deleted the vendor file or Desktop Manager to update?
    12-15-11 05:22 PM
    I've tried it both ways, the Loader.exe from the same folder (only gives my applications that's already on the phone, but no option to install new OS) and Desktop Manager keeps saying there's no new updates.
    12-15-11 05:26 PM
    Look for another vendor file. My recourse these days is to delete all the .xml files in the RIM folder. That seems to work.
    12-15-11 07:23 PM
    Yeah you have to search through your C directory for ALL Vendor Files.
    12-15-11 10:08 PM
    I need help with OS install on my Bold 9900.

I've tried many times, with different computers, different downloading sites, read & followed directions from different forums .. but I still couldn't update my OS.

I had purchased my BB9900 directly from RIM and it came with v7.0.0.353, Platform 5.0.0.544, my phone carrier is Rogers.

Basically what I need is the capability to type/write chinese characters on my phone (My BB currently only displays English US and English UK).

So I've tried downloading v7.0.0.540, installed it onto my PC, deleted that vendor file, loaded the Loader - but all it shows it all my applications, nothing in regards to the new OS. Again, I tried with the latest OS - v7.0.0.585, and again it doesn't work.

Then I thought maybe because I had an older version of Desktop Manager, so I updated that one with the latest version, and again it STILL doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? I can't figure out why I can't load the OS onto my Bold.
    Someone - PLEASE HELP!!
    There are 2 vendor.xml files. You have to delete them both.
    12-16-11 07:31 AM
    I searched my entire computer for another vendor.xml file, but there's nothing. I even deleted all the .xml files in the RIM folder ... still doesn't work.

I am SOOOO LOST
    12-16-11 09:56 AM
    I searched my entire computer for another vendor.xml file, but there's nothing. I even deleted all the .xml files in the RIM folder ... still doesn't work.

I am SOOOO LOST
    When you did your search, did you check the box to search for hidden files ?

The second Vendor.xml file is usually found in:

C/User (your name)/App Data/Roaming/RIM/Blackberry/Loader.XML
    12-16-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD