Well, when I updated to 7.1, Japanese was gone as an input language for typing, but I had all of the others I needed.

So, today, I decided I wanted Japanese back so I could email my Japanese teacher and text some of my friends in Japanese...

I plugged my device into my Mac and ran the DM. I clicked and added Japanese and Hebrew(thought that one would be fun to have too, I have some friends in Israel and around the world who speak hebrew).

I made sure to check ALL of the places were Japanese came up and everything and when I disconnected I only had English, Spanish and Hebrew as physical keyboard inputs, but all of the other languages I had were under Voice Dialing.

Seems very odd... do I need a PC or am I doing something wrong? I went back in DM and didn't find any other place where I could select Japanese or any of the other languages for physical input...

some pics for clarification:

02-09-12 06:04 PM
    Did you flagged Japanese checkbox under manage?
    02-09-12 06:22 PM
    Did you flagged Japanese checkbox under manage?
    It's not there. It just doesn't show up. It's very weird.
    02-09-12 06:25 PM
    Yeah really strange.. better if you back up / wipe and re install OS. Make sure that you don't accindentally delete any of the japanese CODs in case you shrink prior insallation
    02-09-12 06:32 PM
    I don't need the Japanese input that badly. I'm not wiping my OS and having to re-install all of my apps etc (not all are from app world) just to type in Japanese on my phone haha.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Should I try it on a PC?
    02-09-12 07:56 PM
    The key with Japanese input lies in the loader file. Let's take three examples:

9900AllLang_v7.0.0.579_P5.0.0.735
    9900jAllLang_v7.0.0.579_P5.0.0.735
    9900hwAllLang_v7.0.0.579_P5.0.0.735

The first will have a bunch of input languages but not include Japanese input. It should have Chinese and Korean.

The second will have a bunch of input languages AND include Japanese input as well. It should have Chinese and Korean also.

The third will have a bunch of input languages but not include Japanese input, however it will have Chinese handwriting. It should have typed Chinese and Korean too.

So, when downloading your loader files from here I suggest going to an Asian company, making sure it's the same model as yours (9900/9930) and downloading a file that has the little "j" for Japanese input. You'll have to install by way of apploader.

I don't know if it works on a Mac or not as I've never installed an OS by way of that system.

**Edit**

Just noticed you're a crackberry genius. Excuse me if you already knew this but hopefully someone else found it useful. ^^

**Edit 2**

Just noticed Sprint L.P. has a 7.1 version with Japanese input. Get it from there and appload it on ^^
    Last edited by kjic13; 02-09-12 at 10:19 PM.
    02-09-12 10:11 PM
    The key with Japanese input lies in the loader file. Let's take three examples:

9900AllLang_v7.0.0.579_P5.0.0.735
    9900jAllLang_v7.0.0.579_P5.0.0.735
    9900hwAllLang_v7.0.0.579_P5.0.0.735

The first will have a bunch of input languages but not include Japanese input. It should have Chinese and Korean.

The second will have a bunch of input languages AND include Japanese input as well. It should have Chinese and Korean also.

The third will have a bunch of input languages but not include Japanese input, however it will have Chinese handwriting. It should have typed Chinese and Korean too.

So, when downloading your loader files from here I suggest going to an Asian company, making sure it's the same model as yours (9900/9930) and downloading a file that has the little "j" for Japanese input. You'll have to install by way of apploader.

I don't know if it works on a Mac or not as I've never installed an OS by way of that system.

**Edit**

Just noticed you're a crackberry genius. Excuse me if you already knew this but hopefully someone else found it useful. ^^

**Edit 2**

Just noticed Sprint L.P. has a 7.1 version with Japanese input. Get it from there and appload it on ^^

Thanks for the information.

I actually didn't know that. Since I've always used a Mac, I've never really done much with AppLoader and downloading files/etc... I tended to do most of my stuff OTA.

Thanks again for your post!
    02-10-12 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD