I currently own a Tour. I've been thinking of getting a new phone lately and have looked at two different Blackberry models. The 9930 is similar to my Tour. I've seen the Torch 9810 with the keyboard, however that model is not with Verizon. Since I'm with Verizon, I guess I am looking at the 9930.

My question is - what are the big differences with the 9930 to what I currently have with the Tour? I'm going to try to get a new phone this weekend. Any input on the differences between the two (I'd rather ask here versus the store - where they are giving me the super sales pitch)- - plus any other info you all think may help me would be great!
    09-17-11 04:54 PM
    The 9930 is a big upgrade from the tour. The keyboard is much nicer and the whole device is lighter. I like the combo of a physical keyboard and touch screen. You will also find it is faster than the tour. The only draw back is some of the well known apps are not OS 7 ready yet but new ones get released daily. I think you will like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-17-11 07:10 PM
    The 9930 is a huge upgrade from the Tour. The browser, screen quality, build quality, and overall faster speed with the new processor are the biggest upgrades in my opinion. I suggest going to your local store and checking out the device, you will love the slim design and overall performance.
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-17-11 07:34 PM
    Verizon also has the Torch touch. It seemed very nice... Although I do not see the point of having a BB without a Keyboard, it might be good for some. You should definitely check it out at least.
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-17-11 11:31 PM
    Thanks Mikolina! I also believe in having a keyboard - the Torch 9810 has one that slides out and Verizon doesn't have it unfortunately.
    09-18-11 10:50 AM
    You'll absolutely love the new bold touch. I use the touch screen 99% of the time as i find navigating the os is breezy. Rim really did a good job with the 99xx series, I'm glad they seem to be back on board with things. The os7 devices were a breath of fresh bb air

As its been stated. Touch screen, faster experience, clearer screen, nicer keyboard, slim and updated styling are the main new features you'll notice (not to mention nfc, compass, prox sensor, tilt sensor, and a few other goodies)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-18-11 11:27 AM
    As a new Bold owner myself, you can probably figure out what I'm gonna say.

All the mentioned points above are true, its a drastic upgrade for you. Go for it.

AbbieATC likes this.
    09-18-11 11:52 AM
    I currently own a Tour. I've been thinking of getting a new phone lately and have looked at two different Blackberry models. The 9930 is similar to my Tour. I've seen the Torch 9810 with the keyboard, however that model is not with Verizon. Since I'm with Verizon, I guess I am looking at the 9930.

My question is - what are the big differences with the 9930 to what I currently have with the Tour? I'm going to try to get a new phone this weekend. Any input on the differences between the two (I'd rather ask here versus the store - where they are giving me the super sales pitch)- - plus any other info you all think may help me would be great!
    Like myself I upgraded from the Tour to the 9930 w/o considering because of the physical keyboard. When I played with it in the store I was hooked because I already watch the video tuturial on the device on BB.com. All I had to do was take 5 mins with it and walked out with the new 9930. All I had them do was switch my contacts. I took it home and did the reat incouding setting up my email and have not looked back since. I am very pleased with it.
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-18-11 12:22 PM
    I usually don't get to gaga over phones, but the bold is a fantastic bb experience. I 100% guarantee your satisfaction if you get one.

Fret Madden and AbbieATC like this.
    09-18-11 12:41 PM
    How is the battery compared with the Tour? Is it worse than Tour but better than Thunderbolt? Or same as say an Android non rooted?

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-18-11 at 12:58 PM.
    09-18-11 12:43 PM
    How is the battery compared with the Tour? Is it worse than Your but better than Thunderbolt? Or same as say an Android non rooted?

I probably should not answer this since I am not an Android owner but of any negative complaints about the 9930 which would be your case because of carrier since RIM chose to use a low power 1230mah battery is that the battery runs out quickly but Chrisy I am sure you know enough to know what to do in order to stretch out the use as you seem to use your phone the same as I do and I can make my battery last 1 1/2 days if i puch it or at least 1 full day if I am doing alot of emails. I would say that it would be the same answer as with the Tour.
    09-18-11 12:57 PM
    I probably should not answer this since I am not an Android owner but of any negative complaints about the 9930 which would be your case because of carrier since RIM chose to use a low power 1230mah battery is that the battery runs out quickly but Chrisy I am sure you know enough to know what to do in order to stretch out the use as you seem to use your phone the same as I do and I can make my battery last 1 1/2 days if i puch it or at least 1 full day if I am doing alot of emails. I would say that it would be the same answer as with the Tour.
    The 9930's battery will last about a day with constant use. Constant meaning attached to one's hand with the screen on.
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-18-11 01:17 PM
    I went today and got the Bold! Now I need to figure it out!! Thanks everyone!
    09-18-11 02:42 PM
    There are almost too many improvements to list. Get the Bold. You'll be glad.
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-18-11 02:45 PM
    I went today and got the Bold! Now I need to figure it out!! Thanks everyone!
    A quick tip on switching. Install BlackBerry Protect on the Tour. Backup everything it can. One the Bold you'll find BlackBerry Protect already installed under the Applications folder. Run it and restore all. Then put your 3rd party apps on manually (that is reinstall those from scratch).
    09-18-11 02:47 PM
    I'm hoping I can use my USB connector from my Tour for the Bold - since I've got my Bold plugged into the computer with the Tour USB cord.
    09-18-11 02:54 PM
    I'm hoping I can use my USB connector from my Tour for the Bold - since I've got my Bold plugged into the computer with the Tour USB cord.
    Yes you can. And you can also use your old Tour charger as a spare charger for the Bold. You can also move your media card if you want. My Bold did not come with a media card.
    AbbieATC likes this.
    09-18-11 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD