I have recently upgraded to 9900/7.0.0.353. I am loving the device except that I am finding battery life to be a serious concern. I have done all of the usual things and more including being sure to close apps, lowering screen brightness auto sleep mode (using addonis), turning off unneeded connections. I have switched to the default background instead if pictures which seems to have helped.
    When I compare battery life to that of other users, I am still not doing well. Thus, my question:
    I have quite a few email addresses on my BIS. Should that effect battery life? If I go down to say 2 or 3 email addreses will my battery last longer? (I would expect that to be the case with pull technology but didn't think it would effect battery life with push).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 02:02 PM
    O...m...g.... Another battery thread...
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    08-25-11 02:11 PM
    The number of email addresses will not matter unless those addresses are constantly receiving new emails.
    08-25-11 02:15 PM
    O...m...g.... Another battery thread...
    actually looking for some very specific information that has not, based on my searches, been addressed.

Looking for intelligent responses.

08-25-11 02:16 PM
    As far as I know with Blackberry push, your phone is sent a notification over the phone network (like a text), which tells it to connect to the server and download the email. So this if far more battery efficient than if the phone was constantly polling the server or connected full time. Of course any action on your phone's part is going to drain the battery and the more messages you are receiving the more power it uses, but I don't consider push emails to be a significant battery drain when compared to, say, the screen backlight.
    08-25-11 02:17 PM
    The number of email addresses will not matter unless those addresses are constantly receiving new emails.
    Thank you! That's what I thought.

08-25-11 02:18 PM
    As far as I know with Blackberry push, your phone is sent a notification over the phone network (like a text), which tells it to connect to the server and download the email. So this if far more battery efficient than if the phone was constantly polling the server or connected full time. Of course any action on your phone's part is going to drain the battery and the more messages you are receiving the more power it uses, but I don't consider push emails to be a significant battery drain when compared to, say, the screen backlight.
    Thanks.

08-25-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD