Hey guys, so I've never owned a Blackberry device, but now that I own an iPad I no longer feel the need to carry a glass slab in my pocket all day. I want something reliable and adept at texting, email, and making phone calls, hence, my attraction to the 9930.

The ONLY thing holding me back is the (potential) ability to download mp3s to the device directly from email... Can bberry OS7 do this? I work in music, and I have to be able to open an email and download the mp3 attachment and be able to save it and play it on my device. Both Android and iOS can handle this with the proper respective apps, and it is, unfortunately, a determining factor as to whether or not I ditch my Evo for the new Bold this weekend or hold out for the Sprint iPhone. Is there an app that can do this available for bberries if it can't handle this right out of the box?

I've tried searching the forums for an answer to this, but I've only been able to find answers pertaining to the Playbook. Would so appreciate some help on this one guys! I want this device, baaad.
    08-18-11 12:58 PM
    You cannot download email attachments larger than 3mb using Blackberry's mail program. It's a sucky limitation.
    08-18-11 01:10 PM
    You cannot download email attachments larger than 3mb using Blackberry's mail program. It's a sucky limitation.
    Although there is going to be a BIS update that allows for 10 mb. So I would still recommend the bold 9900/9930 for you.
    08-18-11 01:17 PM
    You can always circumvent the e-mail attachment limitation by e-mailing yourself a link to the MP3 hosted on a website somewhere instead and use the Blackberry Browser to download the file to your device memory or microSD card.
    08-18-11 01:21 PM
    No email attachments larger than 3mb??? That is absurd! For a device that prides itself on being the end-all, be-all email machine that is honestly a ridiculous flaw. Wow. Oh man, I was so looking forward to picking one of these babies up...

Thank you for the help answering my question guys! Appreciate it.
    08-18-11 01:28 PM
    No email attachments larger than 3mb??? That is absurd! For a device that prides itself on being the end-all, be-all email machine that is honestly a ridiculous flaw. Wow. Oh man, I was so looking forward to picking one of these babies up...

Thank you for the help answering my question guys! Appreciate it.
    did you read the above post, its a BIS thing, not a device issue.

with your attitude you should stay on android.
    08-18-11 01:30 PM
    Well isn't BIS the email service that this device uses? I use Gmail, does anyone know if downloading the native gmail app will allow me to circumvent this limitation?
    08-18-11 01:36 PM
    Well isn't BIS the email service that this device uses? I use Gmail, does anyone know if downloading the native gmail app will allow me to circumvent this limitation?
    If you not setting up your email through the blackberry BIS/BES (push emails via hotmail, yahoo, gmail, work), and using an app, the app will just use data to download your mp3. The limitation is the push email not data download such as through apps.
    08-18-11 01:42 PM
    Thanks slingxshot, I think that answered my question!
    08-18-11 01:46 PM
    I'm not sure if the App will let you but the new mobile HTML5 version of Gmail works great on the Blackberry's browser so you could always login to that and download them from there.
    08-18-11 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD